IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, mjb said:

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this on many levels. A couple of reasons perhaps why:

Old today vs. yesterday - components age, capacitors leak, slower decoding, higher noise floor, etc...

New today vs. yesterday - newer tech, shorter signal paths, better decoding, cleaner designs, faster data rates.

Assuming all the internal conponents are in working order, I disagree with everything you said.

Based on first hand experience:

Decoding speed has zero to do with sound quality. 

Noise floor has zero to do with age. 

Newer tech has zero to do with sound quality. 

Shorter signal paths have zero to do with the age of a component. 

What is better decoding?

Cleaner design has zero to do with age. 

Faster data rates have zero to do with sound quality. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Sorry if this has been asked in the last hundred pages, but I don't want to read every page to find the answer.

I want to purchase a second Aurender N100(C) as I own a N100H. This will be for a bedroom system. Music will be stored on each independent device. How does the Conductor App switch between each server?

I can see that you can add a second music server in the setup menu so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Wondering if a new icon shows up or what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It’s very easy. You just select the unit you want to control in the settings menu. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, tones said:

So sorry for any inconvenience about my simple but the most important question for me. I'm new in this forum and this is my first question. I tried to find about some clues but I failed:

I want to use Aurender ACS 10 if it will sound better than a topend CD Transport with my DACs (Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Direct Stream). I have some questions in my mind about the ripping procedure. Becasue ACS 10 is not a top loading one. I think some information could not be read with its CD tray mechanism. What is your opinion about this issue? Do you have any comparison results with top end CD Transports?

The highest end CD transport I know of is a tray loading transport. The dCS Vivaldi. I'd say tray loading vs top loading makes no difference. 

1 minute ago, tones said:

Thanks for your kind reply and excuse me, because my question is not clear. I have Aurender N10 in my audio system too with a CEC CD Transport. I have two DACs, Audiomat Maestro Reference and PS Audio Directstream. I am so happy with N10. I wonder to know if I have ASC 10 in my audio system, for example I will listen a CD with my CEC Transport with Audiomat DAC; if I listen the same CD with after ripping it with ACS 10 (with the same DAC) will it sound better?

On the other side; I think it will be more appropriate to use a top loading system with a clamp for stability. Aurender engeneers should consider this issue. A high end CD Transport have so many technologic problems. You can look the following link for this idea:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-how-much-impact-can-cd-transport-have-sound-quality

I do not like CD tray systems. Related with these technologic problems, I think Calista, CEC TL 0X and some other top end CD transports prefers this top loading mechanisms. But this is my opinion and of course I respect the opposite ones.

Those problems are irrelevant for ripping discs. The disc is read and re-read if needed to extract all the bits. It isn't a real-time thing.

3 minutes ago, paris94 said:

A10 + STREAMING

This may be a very simple question/answer but throwing it out to the masses for consideration.  I've been a "hardwire" guy for a long time, so my question related to incorporating streaming abilities into my current system is not part of my current wheelhouse.

I have the A10 and love the simplicity of its design, combined with active studio monitors...simple but so good.  I am moving soon and will be able to move the system out of the living room and into a dedicated office/listening room.  I'm planning to have the main setup in my home office but would like to have the ability to stream to other rooms, primarily for background...not critical listening.  

I'm looking for a (relatively) simple solution to take a feed from the A10 and stream to a wireless speaker/system, like Sonos.  Thoughts?  THANKS!

Hmmmm. I like your thinking on this, it's very practical but also seeking the best quality.

You could get a Sonos that scans the drive of the A10 (like a NAS).

It would be cool if the A10 had an audio output you could use to send music to some speakers. The only way I can think of now is the Aurender SW5 with its dongle connected to the A10. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Custodian said:

I am very happy with my W20. The main feature for me which makes the W20 so good is the ability to synch to the external master clock which, in my system, is a BVA Oscilloquartz oscillator which provides unequalled stability. 

Any possible alternative streamer would have to have the ability to synch in the same way. 

Yes, the clocking capabilities in/out of the W20 are wonderful.

• 1 month later...