IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Per Aurender support , the Upsampling feature is no longer in the mix.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Does anyone here use usb tweaks like “Audioquest Jitterbug” or “iFi iPrufier2” between Aurender and DAC? Any experience?

Before I went with the A10 I had a Regen(replaced by a W4S), sbooster, all being powered by a LPS. Nice improvement with each add on, but with a real good Curious cable they added up to $650.00. I sold it all and it really helped set off the cost of the A10.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

• 2 weeks later...

Ran a Curious with an N100S and a Modwright dac with no issues. Also used Cardas, Shunyata, Audioquest with similar results.

Thanks everyone for "chiming in"on feedback re: their DSD files via Aurender after the most recent update.

I've been working through this issue with Aurender tech support.

I did discover that they did actually make some changes to DSD files in regards to how the DoP functions (I actually did not even realize that the Aurender handled all DSD files as DoP, I had just assumed it was bit perfect / native DSD transfer via USB, but it's not, it is DoP).

They did change via this update how that DSD is sent as a DoP.

They suspect that what I'm experiencing could be specific to how my DAC handles DoP via USB.

I've shut down both Aurwnder and DAC and then removed all cables and then reconnected them all (Aurender's suggestion) and I've also removed the W4S RUR from my USB chain (also their suggestion), and I think that has definitely helped a bit.

Some of my DSD files sound good again (but some do not). They did tell me that they do not and have not added any DSD filters, only changed how the DSD file is sent via DoP.

So probably more of a compatibility issue with my DAC and how it handles DoP via USB than a problem with the Software update per se.

Also - in regards to person asking about Curious USB, I have used it with my N100H, it did "work" (no dropouts, etc), but it sounded awful in my setup (it made everything very Harsh and the low end was very bloated and boomy)

I am now using the Cardas Highspeed USB with great results (I tested about 6 diff USB Cables and the Cardas Highspeed USB sounded the best by a long margin).

Crazy eh. The Curious in my system was a clear improvement over the Cardas. All about synergy

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 2 weeks later...

I am digging my A10 more and more. The addition of the Stillpoints took it to another level. 

I have a couple of TB of Hi-rez  on the HD and stream Tidal flawlessly. No issues with the new update.

Love when the MQA icon on the app lites up!!

100_4136 (2).JPG

17 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

What kind of wood are you using underneath?  I've had great success with these boards under my Stillpoints:  http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm

I have a bunch of Ikea bamboo boards around, but the smaller size. This is a maple block. maybe I should try the larger size as they are cheap enough and would look better.

I put the 3 Stillpoints under the Micro Zotl pre but could not hear much of a difference if any. Then remembering that the pre is transformer less which is most of the cause of vibration it made sense.  That's when I took them and put them under the block and it kicked up the Aurender another notch. So many different layers of bass I never heard before. New Favorite by Alison Krauss sounds great on all systems but now her voice is just sublime. I couldn't never justify the cost of the Stillpoints but they make a bigger improvement in my system  than power cords, etc ( price wise)  and let each tweek shine even  more.  I need to get them under the mono blocks. Right now I am in the process of installing an outdoor kitchen and that has most of my resources spoken for.     

6 hours ago, Ecki said:

Internet Radio for the US, Canada and Germany with the new Conductor app!

Just did the update. App looks the same. Is the Internet radio hidden?

Thanks,

Russ

56 minutes ago, JS21 said:

Russ,

Internet radio is the 3rd icon. MQA is also detailed on the now playing window. 

IMG_0231.PNG

Thanks, I had to delete the app and re-install. All good. 

Wish it showed the streaming quality of the radio stations.  I see 24/44 in the app window but I know that's not right. Looks like there are plenty of stations  to choose from.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of presence of Aurender at Axpona. A10 is the primary source for the High End Mac and Martin Logan Neolith 

IMG_0458.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Buddy is bringing over his Schiit Yggdrasil next week so we can shoot-out between the internal dac of the A10 and the Yggy.   Lot of Redbook and Hi-Rez ( except DSD of course). All Cardas Clear power cords and interconnects will be used in the shootout. Should have 4 pairs of ears so will be interesting.

Will report back.

Russ

The Yggy is pretty well thought of. If the A10 can hold its own I will be more than happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately this did not happen yet. I did hear the Yggy in his rig and I really like it. I will report when it happens.

Being in Mich we only have 10 weeks of summer so the focus is shifting. I live on the water so boating and playing come first right now.

• 1 month later...

Are you using a preamp?  I feel it needs a full 30 days of being left on to really give it a fair assessment. I installed Stillpoints ultra minis and made a huge difference. 

Also installed a Synergystic black fuse and that kicked it up another notch. 

Ok this is really dumb question so lets keep it right here :) My buddy wants me to bring over my A10 but does not have a hard wired connection. Is there a way I can get a wired connection out of his laptop that is connected over Wi-Fi to the Aurender?

Told ya it was dumb

Thanks,

Russ

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, isquirrel said:

Annoying that this feature was removed. Aurender if your listening please put it back.

Hello Russ,

Thanks for contacting us about this. Actually, the A10 does not perform any DSD to PCM conversion- only the N10 and W20 have this feature which applies to the SPDIF outputs only. The USB output on all Aurender models uses DoP version 1.2 for the delivery of DSD files to a USB DAC. Unfortunately, if the DAC does not support DSD using DoP, there isn’t anyway for the USB output to function with DSD files unless they are first converted to PCM using a file conversion software.

Turning off the USB power was at one point a selectable function for the W20 only, but we have since disabled that due to problems caused by cutting the 5V power.

I hope this helps with your questions and please let me know if you would like any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Jesse

The reason for reaching out to Aurender was I my buddy finally brought over his broken in Yggy.

My buddy brought over his Yggy last nite to do a little shoot-out  with the  Aurender A-10.

The A-10's output are all hot so made for an easy a-b with a flick of the input selector. Levels were perfectly matched.

The Yggy was using a Cardas Clear power cord and along with a Wireworld Platinum starlight USB.  Both dacs where using Audience Au24 Se interconnects from thier single ended outputs into my Micro Zotl MZ2s

Music was a mixture of 16/44, 24-96,24-192 played from the Aurender hard drive and Tidal streaming.   I just picked up a pair of Magico S-3's so I consider the system pretty resolving and able to pick out cable changes etc.

The two DACS  sounded so similar we could not pick out the right dac half the time!. It was totally a guess. I actually thought the Yggy would beat the A-10 for PCM but it was not the case.  I kinda wish we had more ears to validate our findings but the results where pretty shocking. Two great Dacs for sure!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like from August?

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Foxman50 said:

I haven't updated to iOS11 yet, however as an N100 owner id be really interested in your views of upgrading to the N10 when you get a chance. Im sure Aurender will provide an update on the app pretty soon judging by previous responses.

Before plopping down 7900 on a N10 try the A10 for 4900. Depending on your connectivity it may be worth a listen. I went from an N100S ( Solid State 2tb) with an Oppo 105 Modwright Tube dac with LPS, Regenerators,  yada, yada and the A10 trounced it. With the N10 I am sure you will want a DAC that does DSD as well so you are looking at least is the 5k range. Add all your cabling, Upgraded power cord and fuse, isolation on the 2nd box, LPS and you could easily add another 2k. So know you have 10k to upgrade your speaker which will make the biggest improvement in your system.

I think Aurender screwed itself by promoting the A10 as basically a N100 with a dac. I don't know if its the implementation or what but the A10 is a great sounding player. I just upgraded to Magicos S3 and just realizing how good this player really is. MQA is icing on the cake. 4,500 titles and counting.  Just a thought.       

My  A10 runs perfectly and sounds even better. I have not updated to the latest iOS software though. Some things are better left alone!! Tons of MQA files coming aboard. I have a lot of local files of the same file so easy to compare. I wont tell you that it sounds better but most of it you would have a hard time telling the difference. I spent over 3k in Hi rez material and would be more than satisfied to stream MQA at 20 bucks a month.

Russ    

• 4 weeks later...

I am the biggest believer in cables ( just upgraded to Audience Au24SX IC )  retail  $1850.00 per pair.  I have a standard cat 6 cable running from my X finity Cable modem directly into the Aurender A10. About 25 ft. No switches, nothing in the way, a straight run. I figured I would try Tera Grand cat 7 ( about $25.00) and also Supra Cat 8  ($100.00) . 3 pair of ears could not discern a noticeable difference in any of the cables. All were dead quiet.   The Supra has superior build quality and is future proof so I will keep it, but not because of any bump in SQ. 

Another stellar review of the A10

http://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/aurender-a10-music-server-and-streamer-review-472873

I just installed a couple of Synergistic Blue fuses in the A10. ( Replacing SR Blacks) Will report back after break in 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all 

so the upgrade to the blacks ( from the stock)were a very nice bump in the A10  Still looking from that from the Blues. I have installed the Blue in a Micro zotl2.0s (replacing a black)and have had positive results.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have had mine for a year. Rock solid. The reviewer needs to get his internet straightened up.

The Digital filters have never been enabled until this last firmware upgrade. Also upsampling was included. 

The funniest thing the reviewer said was how much he liked the brown layout Ha Ha

When he mentioned pulling out the power chord and stacking on other pieces of running equipment, it's hard to take him seriously

I will  play with the filters after I can get an explanation from Aurender. Also their is a Analog filter selector that I am not quite sure of,that is also now operable. Max current,less current,min current

will report back after the Holidays

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Russ