IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Blakcloud said:

Could someone help me please!!! I just got the N100 and the Conductor App will not recognize the Aurender. According to the instructions, the first time you open the App you will enter a pass code. First no pass code ever comes up on the screen of the N100 and the App never has a dialogue box for this code.

I go to settings in the Conductor App to search for a the N100 but it can't find it. Then I tried to add it by using the IP address and after I type it in, it says it failed to add the Aurender.

I tried the reset in the App but again nothing. I am at wits end with this device. What am I doing wrong?

My guess is your Aurender isn't seen on your network. Can you connect to it to load music or see it in Finder/Explorer? Do you have a network scanning app that can tell you it it's seen on the network?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

Just received this reply from Eric at Aurender regarding the A10

Hi All,
Happy Holidays.
Quite a non endorsing review on Stereophile. The reviewer seemed very confused on how to operate etc.
Anyways, can you please explain the filters, (Analog and Digital) now they are all enabled on the A10 ?
I would like to copy and paste to the Computeraudiophile.com. Or if you could just post there, they would be great.
Happy New Year to the Aurender team,
Russ

Hi Russ,

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you. I was not happy with the review.
Anyway, I will prepare the answer and looks like it may take sometime due to holidays.

I will update you once I prepare the answer for your question.

Best regards,
Eric Shim

Cool. Eric is a really nice and knowledgable guy. I look forward to his reply.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

34 minutes ago, Blakcloud said:

Thanks for your help in this. The first problems were certainly user error on my part but it has only gotten worse. I was able to find the password, thanks for those tips.

I have sent in a request to Aurender so hopefully they can diagnose the problems and fix it. Otherwise it is going back to the store. None of the buttons work. I can't move to the next track or pause it on the unit itself. The screen will just go blank and show random lines and dots. Every time I want to play something new, I open the Conductor App and it has to search for the Aurender in Settings, I then choose it and it builds my music up. I do this five times a day, go into settings and find the player, select it and then it builds my music. Why it disappears is beyond me. The software is up to date and I have the latest Conductor App.

I don't know why I am having such problems. It gets such rave reviews and very few problems. I hope this gets fixed remotely. I wanted something simple to listen to music but this has been nothing of that sort. I have been taking videos of the problems as it might be useful to see what I see.

When it does play music, it sounds great. I just need it to be consistent and work every time I open the app which is not happening.

Aurender N10--Audioquest Cinnamon USB--Metrum Octave Mk II DAC--TEO Audio Game Changer IC's--Herron Pre-amp--Audio Sensibility Statement IC's--Herron Mono Blocks--Audio Sensibility Statement speaker cable--Tetra 606 speakers. Audio Sensibility Statement power cord.

If you purchased from a dealer, s/he makes a commission on every sale and part of that commission is to support customers with problems like this. Bring it to the store and have the dealer set it up right there, so when you get home there is nothing left to do but listen.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ponzi said:

When ripping CD's, iTunes stores the album art in a different folder and so the conductor app cannot see it.  I can't figure out how to unscramble this and get the album art to show on the conductor app.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there are other apps out there for ripping and storing music, which I understand may be better than  iTunes.  I use the lossless format when using iTunes. Would anyone care to recommend some other method or app.  Would others solve this rather quirky album art issue with iTunes?  

There’s likely a script from @DougAdams to do anything you need. 

• 1 month later...

ACS (Aurender Content Server) is really cool. It's so much more than a CD ripper. I'm getting the first review unit in the world and look forward to writing about it.

I first heard about the concept roughly two years ago. It was a big undertaking for Aurender and is incredibly versatile and powerful. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, markrubin said:

I bought an Aurender Flow used on Audiogon to try it out: also bought a 1tb mini mSata drive for it: turns out it came with a 250gb drive installed

I was disappointed  to learn the SSD in the Flow does not allow standalone playback: i.e. you cannot play back music from the Flow unless it  remains connected to a PC: all the SSD does is expand the memory capacity of the connected PC

The Flow worked well as a headphone amp although its controls were kind of clunky

with this limitation, I decided to return it

I loved the Flow. I installed a 1TB drive. Without much storage in many laptops, it’s a great way to hold a bunch of music. 

The Flow shouldn’t be confused with a DAP. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, michaelD said:

Just got my W20 over the weekend.  The cloning process worked great but it does take some time.  Boy it is heavy compared to the N10 by alot and the N10 looks so small - the N10 is not as its a full size unit but next to the W20 it does.

Initial sound there is much more separation of instruments or vocals along with much more depth.  Still doing break-in so more on this later.

IMG_4149.jpg

I've had a W20 for a while and I recently moved it due to re-cabling my system. I forgot how heavy it is! It's a solid piece of craftsmanship.