IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I got last year from Aurender the info that Lyrics will be implemented (like in Roon or Deezer) , at some point in version 3 of Conductor. 

V 3.0 is here now and lyrics still not available...  Does someone know if this feature is still planed or has been abandoned ?   

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

Some smaller problems here too. When changing sample rates, regularly the left channel is distorted for the first 10 secs or so and then restores again. Using W20 and dCS Rossini Player over USB. Pretty annoying; this never happened before the update. @AriMargolis, could you please chime in?

Sorry to hear this. 

I have also this, and I thought it was something wrong with my DAC because things disapear when I turn OFF/ON my DAC.   On your side, does this distortion always vanish by itself after 10 sec or so ?  I never had it disapearing by itself, I had to turn OFF/ON my DAC... so I wonder if My problem is the samle as yours ? 

anyone else has sometime distortion for the first 10 secs or so after a new track ?

1 hour ago, AriMargolis said:

Hi gang, yes indeed, there are a couple of known bugs with the recent software update(s) including the following:

1. Glitchy playback of the first few seconds of music when using the “play all” command to add an album or playlist to the queue. This actually turns out to be a Conductor App (iOS) issue, and it has been fixed internally. A Conductor app update has been submitted to the App Store for review already. This normally takes a few days, but then it will be available for universal release. @bmichels @Vincent1234 this is the issue you are reporting. Contact me for a beta version of the app if you want it before it becomes available at the App Store. 

2. Disrupted high-res playback compatibility with select DACs (Esoteric, Marantz, Teac). This has also been fixed internally and will be resolved universally in a forthcoming firmware update. In the meantime, If you use any of these DACs, contact me at [email protected] - our software team has a fix that can be applied to your Aurender remotely within 1 Korean business day. 

@hellrider77’s reported issues have to do with compatibility with a specific DAC. Aurender’s software team will do its best to restore compatibility with that specific DAC once the universal issues have been resolved.  

As always, if you are having trouble with your Aurender, please send a Remote Support email request from the Conductor Settings>Help menu. This provides our software engineers with diagnostic logs. ( @Page47 our European rep, Pablo, should be responding to you soon if he has not already).

We appreciate any and all bug reports or feedback - it helps us get better and better! We hope that despite these unfortunate bugs, you are enjoying the improvements that come with every update. 

Thank you all very much for using Aurender in your systems, and for your patience and cooperation allowing us to fix any issues as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for the great customer support ARI

15 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Usually it disappears by itself but not always. Turning DAC on and off often helps indeed. 

Q. to you: with me the problem is always in the left channel only. Strange.. Same with you? Thanks!

I have not checked if it is booth chanels or not. next time I will look.

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION : Is it possible to attach an external USB CD Reader to the W20 to RIP CDs ?   

If NOT, what RIPPING solution do you use best to feed your Aurender ?  Is a dedicated Hardware better than just a good PC/MAC Ripping software ? (today I use dBpowerAmp on My MacBook Pro.  Can I improve the quality of my RIPs ? )

thanks in advance for your advices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s an interesting question but one really has to consider everything before making any conclusions. I’ve done this and continue to do it with every product on the market.

Aurender is 100% the right product for many audiophiles and offers many things not offered by Roon. With my 300,000 track (that’s just local files) library, there’s nothing faster than Aurender for library navigation. The way it works with storage of both music and the library on an iOS remote, is very different and very welcomed. 

When you look at most problems related to computer audio, they are network related followed by operating system related. Aurender removes both these issues due to how it functions. 

I could go on, but now I think I should write an article comparing them and others. 

money thing I’d absolutely love to see from Aurender is a DSP / convolution engine running on the ACS. Convolution can be power hungry, so a great place to do this is in the ACS and send audio to the W20SE (or any other unit for that matter). I do convolution on my QNAP NAS and other not so powerful computers. ACS could do it. 

Please @AriMargolis, push for this!

- May I ask please whay is a  DSP / convolution engine ? What does it bring to the music ?

- Also, I will be very interested to hear what other advantages you see in the Aurender V/S ROON.  Is it only the interface ? 

Indeed, Ihave a W20 and I love it but I would like to improve SQ even further . So, I wonder if a W20SE will be a worthy upgrade or... if for the same price the Taiko Audio SGM EXTREME will not be even better (ROON Server + Storage) ?  Many people rave about the SGM Extreme blowing the W20SE out of the water but...I never have been able to compare...

thanks for your advices

17 hours ago, Custodian said:

I agree. Blowing out of the water is a lot to ask. Last time it happened to me was when I added a BVA clock to my Aurender w20/ DCS System. The unexpected degree of improvement was staggering. 

it is possible that there are other changes of major magnitude. For my bank account, I hope I don’t meet any others soon!

This is encouraging since I have a W20.   

Unfortunately my DAC do not have clock input, so.... a totaly newbie question: does adding a clock to the Aurender only make sense or....  it is stupid because the clock is here to syncronize the server and the DAC together ?

Since the BvA clock seems not to be available, what other clock are recomended ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...