IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I too am using an Ayre QB-9 Twenty. My N10 is showing the latest 4.21.86 software and my iPad is showing 3.6.4 software. However I am not showing the native DSD toggle under the Advanced tab in settings. The Aurender site does not indicate that the N10 obtained this capability with the last update but Ari wrote that it did a few entries back. @KenCyclingNYC does your N10 indicate that it is “ready” to go native digital?? 

my N10 didn’t want to update to this latest software but Aurender took care of it after I sent a request. Very happy with that! But after that issue I’m not sure if my unit is troubled or if this capability is not yet implemented in the N10. Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this better than I and is willing to bring me up to speed. 

18 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I too am using an Ayre QB-9 Twenty. My N10 is showing the latest 4.21.86 software and my iPad is showing 3.6.4 software. However I am not showing the native DSD toggle under the Advanced tab in settings. The Aurender site does not indicate that the N10 obtained this capability with the last update but Ari wrote that it did a few entries back. @KenCyclingNYC does your N10 indicate that it is “ready” to go native digital?? 

my N10 didn’t want to update to this latest software but Aurender took care of it after I sent a request. Very happy with that! But after that issue I’m not sure if my unit is troubled or if this capability is not yet implemented in the N10. Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this better than I and is willing to bring me up to speed. 

I own both a N10 and Ayre QX-5 as well as PSA DSDs.    I haven’t been able to update to the newest software showing the native DSD toggle. Very frustrating.  Let’s hope that it will be fixed for all of us with identical or similar gear or I am going to think to look elsewhere.  Any fix coming soon for all of us?

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

• 1 month later...

DROP OUT PROBLEM

I’ve owned an Aurender N10 for a few years and never had any problems with it until recently over the past few weeks where the music will occasionally drop out for 1-2 seconds.  I use it with 2 DACs utilizing USB, XLR, coax, and BNC connections. It happens with both DACs and all outputs.  I’m do not use it with Qobuz or Tidal, but with mainly my 16/44 ripped CDs and a few HiRez recordings. 

During a typical listening session of several 3-4 hours, it will occur up to 4 times, but sometimes not at all.  I’ve tried rebooting it and also clear the cache, but neither have helped.  I’ve not made any changes to the settings.  

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the cause?  My fear is that the hard drive might be starting  to fail?   

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2015 at 1:06 AM, Mr. Big said:

When leaving the Aurender is standby mode, does it go to sleep or does it stay on (front panel lights, etc.). If it does go to sleep, will the iPad app wake it up or do you have to push a button on the unit?This is from Aurender about this issue:

This is from an e-mail that I got from Aurender:

“Actually it is not really a "standby" mode, per se. When it is idle, the screen just goes dark to conserve system resources, but it is still online.”

Once one selects the Aurender app on on their iPad, sees their music there,  and then selects a disk or a song, then the screen comes back on.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, Ponzi said:

I am using a rather pricy AES-EBU between my N10 and PS Audio Directstream.  Are you suggesting that a good USB would possibly be a better way to skin the cat?

The only way to know is to it home audition  both in your system and trust your ears as to which one is best.

• 1 month later...

Fm540i

You quoted my initial post on this topic, but you didn’t include anything in the body of your reply. 

On 8/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, Fm540i said:

Fm540i,

It appears that you had something to say on this topic, but your reply didn’t come through?  Even though I am the OP and your reply copied my initial post, there is nothing in the body of your post. If you had something to add to this thread, your comments would be appreciated.  If not, I would appreciate you deleting you blank comment. Thank you and appreciated.