Jump to content
IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mynameischet said:

Thanks for the replies @agladstone. It sounds like you and I categorize our music in a similar fashion, and the fact that you still highly recommend the Aurender is a big positive.

 

I think the thing I would most about Roon is Roon Radio. I like being able to have what is essentially a focused shuffle without having to curate a particular playlist. Ihave way more music than I'll ever get around to listening too enough to be know it all inside and out, and the RR is great at popping up a song I haven't heard since the one time I played the record it's on. Anyway, I think thats a small price for what sounds like a solid piece of equipment with a good app.

I have 585+ TB’s of music right now and I stopped adding more at least a year ago, so I understand!! 
Aurender’s Conductor app does actually have something similar to you Roon Radio, so you will be happy! 
I haven’t actually ever remembered to use it, but I believe after listening to an album you can set it to play randomly a playlist of songs that are what it believes to be similar (don’t quote me on this because I’ve never actually tried it, but to the best of my memory it is a feature). 
You will love the Aurender, and they continually come out with updates to the app and firmware and they also recently added an iPhone app too which is a “lite” version, but very convenient. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

Just curious, did you actually report any of this as bugs/wishes or are you just waiting for someone from Aurender to come over to your house with a questionnaire?

I never thought of this issue as a bug, just a missing capability and since I believe that I’m much more thorough and OCD with my tagging than most other people, it never occurred to me to report it, I’ve just learned to live with it and know that I need to work around it, it’s not the end of the world. 
I have however requested adding the ability to have liner notes and artist bio’s added. 
Roon, Qobuz, Tidal, etc all have the capability, so I’m pretty sure it can be done. 
Conductor’s Wikipedia link capability actually never works for me (not that it’s too great anyhow) because of my custom tagging of the album names, it can only search Wikipedia by the exact way it’s tagged, so in my case, it almost always leads to a blank screen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@The Computer Audiophile the upsampling is for SPDIF/AES-EBU outputs only. USB output on Aurender is always strictly bitperfect with no DSP or FPGA resampling. 

 

I thought I remember seeing that, but looked on this page of the Conductor app and didn't see anything that said so, so I assumed it would just work. 

 

Thanks Ari. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question... 😇

 

Didn't find any hint that maintaining the display on will have a negative effect on it over time.

The opposite is declared on some other units (not Aurender) that I have, where the manufacturer states, display should be off to save it on the long run.

Do we have to do it with Aurender, namely N20, irrespectively to critical listening, or no issues at all?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PedroS said:

Another question... 😇

 

Didn't find any hint that maintaining the display on will have a negative effect on it over time.

The opposite is declared on some other units (not Aurender) that I have, where the manufacturer states, display should be off to save it on the long run.

Do we have to do it with Aurender, namely N20, irrespectively to critical listening, or no issues at all?

Thanks

I would say don’t leave display on all the time. I would also say don’t set display brightness level too high either. 
I actually had to replace my display because it burned out / failed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, agladstone said:

I would say don’t leave display on all the time. I would also say don’t set display brightness level too high either. 
I actually had to replace my display because it burned out / failed. 

Same here. My display brightness is always set to about 40% but I had some burn-in issues after about 2 years and had to replace my display.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender A10..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Dali Euphonia MS4s/CS4/Phantom IW..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..Symposium Svelte Shelf Plus..Billy Bags rack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ACS10 I have found Critical listening mode, that turns off all negative effect functions and switch of the screen to has huge positive effect on Sound quality.

 

I guess this is also the case on N20.

 

has N20 users tried Critical listening mode on and off?

It has  also better sound quality on N20 to use Critical listening mode?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HDgeorge said:

On ACS10 I have found Critical listening mode, that turns off all negative effect functions and switch of the screen to has huge positive effect on Sound quality.

 

I guess this is also the case on N20.

 

has N20 users tried Critical listening mode on and off?

It has  also better sound quality on N20 to use Critical listening mode?

Well, never found a huge difference between both modes.

However, on ACS10 the difference is, even if small, bigger than in N20. N20 is a fantastic unit in terms of sound reproduction. I can only recommend that all that can, go try it.

I believe all Aurender have the same functionality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On my ACS10 the Critical listening mode has very big impact. This mode is present on ACS10 , N20 and Aurenders with Colour screen.

 

I would like to hear from other owners of N20 about Critical listening mode. I am very tempted to upgrade or keep ACS10 and buy N20 as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ken6217 said:

I have an N20 and Critical Listening mode is noticeably better sounding. 

So, I'm the only one who doesn't find such a big difference... maybe because I always hear with display off.

I know that critical listening mode has some other functionalities off too, but maybe the screen is the most impactful in terms of sound.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PedroS said:

So, I'm the only one who doesn't find such a big difference... maybe because I always hear with display off.

I know that critical listening mode has some other functionalities off too, but maybe the screen is the most impactful in terms of sound.


That’s possible. I never just tried listening with the screen off. However I will say that if I turn the screen off of my audio research amp and also the preamp, it is noticeably better sounding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which models have the "Critical Listening" mode?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m seriously thinking about upgrading my A10 to the N10. For those who have gone this route, would you say there is a considerable upgrade in sound quality? I will be pairing it with my Lyngdorf MP40 which I consider very clean and transparent.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender A10..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Dali Euphonia MS4s/CS4/Phantom IW..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..Symposium Svelte Shelf Plus..Billy Bags rack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JS21 said:

I’m seriously thinking about upgrading my A10 to the N10. For those who have gone this route, would you say there is a considerable upgrade in sound quality? I will be pairing it with my Lyngdorf MP40 which I consider very clean and transparent.


the upgrade for A10 is A30. 
A10 has a real good DAC.

N10 is better streamer though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HDgeorge said:


the upgrade for A10 is A30. 
A10 has a real good DAC.

N10 is better streamer though.


Unfortunately my MP40 doesn’t have analog inputs so I cannot use internal dacs of A10 or A30, not mention the scary price of the A30 😩.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender A10..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Dali Euphonia MS4s/CS4/Phantom IW..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..Symposium Svelte Shelf Plus..Billy Bags rack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone know where to get an aurender serviced in canada? purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box and all the screws were loose) dealer refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand

 

i guess my only options are to either get it repaired or do a paypal dispute

6974A605-BAE0-49B5-8627-EA3C908A3034.jpeg

BB3E5890-FB0D-4B94-A0A8-570F55036B2D.jpeg

C056B500-C8CA-41E5-95A0-09CD001DEFAB.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

anyone know where to get an aurender serviced in canada? purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box and all the screws were loose) dealer refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand

 

i guess my only options are to either get it repaired or do a paypal dispute

6974A605-BAE0-49B5-8627-EA3C908A3034.jpeg

BB3E5890-FB0D-4B94-A0A8-570F55036B2D.jpeg

C056B500-C8CA-41E5-95A0-09CD001DEFAB.jpeg

@honeymustardsteve ouch! I see you've been in touch also via our support channel. I will get back to you shortly. For what its worth, it certainly does not look like it is beyond repair. Look out for an email from me shortly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

anyone know where to get an aurender serviced in canada? purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box and all the screws were loose) dealer refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand

 

i guess my only options are to either get it repaired or do a paypal dispute

6974A605-BAE0-49B5-8627-EA3C908A3034.jpeg

BB3E5890-FB0D-4B94-A0A8-570F55036B2D.jpeg

C056B500-C8CA-41E5-95A0-09CD001DEFAB.jpeg

 

I'm no packaging expert, but I've never seen poor packaging result in loose screws like that. Crazy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Perfect sense said:

 

This is totally unacceptable of course. The top lid does not unscrew itself during transport first of all. Proper packaging is also the responsibility of the seller. He should also have the shipment insured in case of bad handling by the forwarder.

 

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Yes, I've unscrewed those top screws before. It has never been easy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...