IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, HDgeorge said:

If you wish to use a UPS though, there is a solution to avoid its negatives by using a Torus PB2 powerblock after the UPS. This way Torus provides clean AC unaffected by the UPS.

so, the route is : UPS —> Torus PB2 —> AURENDER.

In any case using a Torus powerblock powering an Aurender unit and other front end units as well, it makes the sound better. More substantial, with bigger soundstage and depth and more natural sounding.

Highly recommended.

I would demo first before buying. I never listened to this unit, but aI found that anything that I put into the chain will make it sound different. Sometimes better, and sometimes worse. It depends on your perspective and how you like to hear your music. 

13 minutes ago, merge03 said:

Any UPS requires careful management, regular testing and maintenance, if you really need to rely on it for guaranteed uptime.

Yup. Nothing sadder than calling on the UPS you were depending on only to find it's not working as required...and sadder still: it's your fault for not doing the routine maintenance, testing/auditing, etc. Those are stressful conversations...

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

I am very curious which DAC you use with the N20. I now own an A10, and wonder if switching to an N20 with, for example, a Chord Qutest DAC would give a significant upgrade.

Or would the Qutest form a mismatch in terms of sound quality, and would it be a better option to go to a X100 with a better DAC like the DCS Bartok?

image.png

14 minutes ago, edje said:

I am very curious which DAC you use with the N20. I now own an A10, and wonder if switching to an N20 with, for example, a Chord Qutest DAC would give a significant upgrade.

Or would the Qutest form a mismatch in terms of sound quality, and would it be a better option to go to a X100 with a better DAC like the DCS Bartok?

image.png

Of course everyone’s tastes are different. Some people like the clinical and analytical sound, and other people like more of a warm detail sound that’s not in your face. 

I’m not a Chord fan. That’s just me though. Bartok of course is in a whole other league. 

I’m a fan of R2R ladder NOS DAC’s. 

Try a Bricasti M3, 12 or M21

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

1 hour ago, edje said:

image.png

In your case I would indeed think about a better DAC (the Bartók is great!) first. Indeed the X100 could then be a good next move. I started with the X100L myself, then moved to the N10 and then to the W20. All are significant upgrades, but in your case I would think it would be more logical to start with a better DAC as the foundation first.

Not sure if anyone else has this "issue" but I'll post it anyway. I'd love for the person tabs in Qobuz to be accessible without scrolling. When I use Qobuz, I frequently go to the stuff I purchased or have in my favorites. I really don't care about many of the other tabs. 

Perhaps the ability to drag and drop the tabs to reorder them would be even better :~)

IMG_0316.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure if anyone else has this "issue" but I'll post it anyway. I'd love for the person tabs in Qobuz to be accessible without scrolling. When I use Qobuz, I frequently go to the stuff I purchased or have in my favorites. I really don't care about many of the other tabs. 

Perhaps the ability to drag and drop the tabs to reorder them would be even better :~)

IMG_0316.jpg

I agree. it seems that the most relevant ux tabs (Fav. Purchased) are the ones most hidden and require unnecessary scrolling. 

23 hours ago, edje said:

Do you think that the Bartók with x100 will be a serious upgrade over the A10? I am not looking 

for a small update off course with this kind of money involved.

As indicated by Ken: the Bartók is one hell of a DAC. So yes, it will be a huge upgrade. Considering the X100: if your budget allows you could consider listening to an N10 too (maybe a used one!) or even an N20. The N10 does sound considerably better than the X100 (which uses an SMPS instead of an LPS). But again, it's about budget. The N10/N20 would be a great match with the Bartók, but you could also be happy with an X100.

11 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

The N10 does sound considerably better than the X100 (which uses an SMPS instead of an LPS)

Right, X100[L] is a great sounding digital transport. It has the same filtered & isolated USB audio port found on other Aurender models. But, due to its relatively basic power supply, it is out-shined by every other Aurender model from an audio performance perspective, with the exception of ACS100 (which uses an outboard SMPS power supply and does not use Aurender's hallmark USB Audio port). 

6 minutes ago, P951C said:

You also can use the A10 with the Bartók. I use my A10 with a Moon 750D is a beautiful combination.

True, A10 is simply an N100 + a DAC section. If you have a use for the Analog Outputs from A10, by all means, it's also a great digital transport. However, if you do not intend to use the Analog Outputs, obviously you'd save your budget and go for an N100 series digital-only source component. 

4 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@The Computer Audiophile I agree 100%. I will log this thoughtful feature request with Aurender's software team.

By the way, as a general note to the community here: Conductor Version 4 is currently in development. It is still in an early phase of development, but it's a real thing! I've seen it! It's a true cross-platform app (as opposed to the current version for which we have completely different apps for iOS and Android). As such, we will be able to add and change features much more efficiently. In the meantime, there will be very little focus on non-essential app changes for the current Version 3, with all development resources being dedicated to the forthcoming new version. 

Now is a great time for feature requests for Version 4...we have a lot up our sleeve already, and I do always log feature requests when I say I do, but further user feedback is always most welcome!

Hi Ari, here's my short wish list:

1. sort by "most played"
  2. favorite a whole album and be able to use the yellow star to view list
  3. ability to toggle different cover art size (I prefer slightly larger than current)
  4. res/format indicator in covert art grid (I have multiple versions of the same album - currently, need to click on each to decide which res)
  5. customize the "pills"  - "All" | "Steaming" etc. when viewing local files
  6. combine view of qobuz/tidal with local files.
23 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

As indicated by Ken: the Bartók is one hell of a DAC. So yes, it will be a huge upgrade. Considering the X100: if your budget allows you could consider listening to an N10 too (maybe a used one!) or even an N20. The N10 does sound considerably better than the X100 (which uses an SMPS instead of an LPS). But again, it's about budget. The N10/N20 would be a great match with the Bartók, but you could also be happy with an X100.

The N20 is significantly better sounding than the N10. I’ve owned the N10 and have the N20. 

I'm very interested in a comparison of the N20 and W20se. Does anyone here have thoughts or experiences to share? Currently have N10, which I like, going to Benchmark DAC3B (which I also like), but considering an upgrade to one of the above. Thanks in advance!

I haven't compared the two, however I was all set to buy the W20se and called Aurender to ask their opinion of the two. They told me that the bass was more refined on the W20se, but the N20 bass was more pronounced and fuller. He said if you like listening to Rock type music that I might prefer the N20. I bought the N20. Sounds amazing with less than 100 hours on it.

Yes Ari great explanation!!

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI