IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I’ve just stared using Spotify as my music steaming service and select Spotify in the Aurender app which opens the Spotify app. I’m wondering why Spotify isn’t integrated into the Aurender App same as tidal & Qobuz. Also my N100 doesn’t go into standby mode when i stop play and listening to Spotify even if I close the app on my iPad Pro. The Aurender just stays on with the last song on the screen and I have to open the Aurender app, start to play a song, stop play and close the app. Is there a setting I need to make to fix this or is it a bug I should report to Aurender. Any one else experiencing this?

Kii Three, Kii Stands, Kii Control. Aurender N100, 1TB SSD. Rega Planer 10 with Alpheta 3 MC cart, RCM Sensor 2 Phono Stage. PS Audio AC5 Power Regenerator. Audioquest Cat5 Ethernet, Diamond USB & Yukon XLR.

Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia.

3 hours ago, Craig1512 said:

I’ve just stared using Spotify as my music steaming service and select Spotify in the Aurender app which opens the Spotify app. I’m wondering why Spotify isn’t integrated into the Aurender App same as tidal & Qobuz. Also my N100 doesn’t go into standby mode when i stop play and listening to Spotify even if I close the app on my iPad Pro. The Aurender just stays on with the last song on the screen and I have to open the Aurender app, start to play a song, stop play and close the app. Is there a setting I need to make to fix this or is it a bug I should report to Aurender. Any one else experiencing this?

Spotify won’t allow such integration anymore. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, ken6217 said:

Well I cant talk about my N20, since I won't have it until Friday. However I just started drinking scotch about 6 months ago, and decided to take a flyer and bought a bottle of Oban 14. It is now my favorite scotch.

I suppose I was lucky that Oban 14 was the first single malt Scotch I had, and that’s been my “go to” ever since! 

3 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I have no idea, but I do know what heard, and it makes everything we go through worth, and easily so.  

@PonziI love it when your mood and the music just click and you have one of those unforgettable listening sessions! Good booze definitely helps but for me I find it just comes down to my state of mind and my ability to shut out whatever else is occupying my thoughts at the moment and just focus on the music. It's so great when that happens!

Let me apologize for the typos in the email that got this started.  

What is it that so charms us, about music well played and reproduced?  There is something about it we can’t get enough of.  And yet over indulging in it does us no harm.  It is in that way akin to contemplation.  It is, I would say, the “experience of human greatness.” One cannot witness that too many times.  

Don’t you see that in the faces of family and friends who hear your system for the first time? They can’t wait to be invited over for dinner again.  It is all so very good.

I have a question.

Two albums I ripped with my ASC10, and that are on that units hard drive, now show up on my W20SE as merged together.  They are both Bach  albums.  How do I get them separated again? They show as separated on the ASC10 but still the W20 is putting them together.  ???.  

4 hours ago, ken6217 said:

Try deleting them from the W20 and copying again individually and see if that works. 

it’s worth checking the meta data for the two album’s names aren’t the same ... occasionally I get the opposite effect, one album spilt in two because of some glitch in meta data when ripping

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

Change the album title of one of them

within the meta data using a meta data editor (you could add the label or the format or release date, etc and you could use (xx) or [xx] for the descriptor of that specific album or version) - I do this often because I have many albums where I’ll have 10+ different versions (original vinyl ripped, 4 diff CD ripped releases, a DSD 64, DSD128, a reel to reel rip, etc ) 

8 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Thanks everyone.  Changing the metadata worked, but I had to force the issue. Putting the numbers 1, 2 and 3 by the artist’s for each CD.  

Yes, we sometimes forget that various ripping programmes use online database's for metadata and so there are sometimes oddities that crop up; I have had some albums where the tracks had no resemblance whatsoever to what they should have been!

FYI, I find that SongKong is an excellent utility for comparing databases and reconciling such things; all round it's a very useful tool

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

5 hours ago, ken6217 said:

Just received my N20 and ACS100. I'll hook it up tomorrow. For ripping CD's is there any benefit or negative of WAV versus FLAC in terms of audio quality or album art? I do know that WAV files do take up more space.

Congrats on the new toys!

I personally have never heard any difference between WAV and FLAC (if ripped properly), I have compared both on a system so frighteningly revealing that you could hear what brand of jeans the drummer was wearing. There are people that will swear X is humongously better than Y, but those people also always knew what they were listening to, or they were comparing different masterings of the same album.

FLAC has the great benefit of metadata tagging, something WAV somewhat allows, but it is not in the official specifications for the format. If you are worried about the compression FLAC applies, you can rip to FLAC without compression (set compression to zero). That way you get uncompressed WAV with a FLAC shell.

In the end you are the one listening to your music, let your own ears decide what you think is best.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster