IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

43 minutes ago, markrubin said:

I am trying to get the Conductor beta app  for Android please: if anyone can help it would be appreciated

the google play store has the latest version released on 7/26 (3.0.2).  seems a bit early for a beta version -- what version are you looking for?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @AriMargolis - Is Aurender providing any guidance about which Android tablets work best or which ones it won't support etc...?

@The Computer Audiophile  we don't have a list of compatible devices, but anything running Android V7 "Nougat" or later should be fine. It's available for both tablets and phones. We tested it with a few different Samsung Galaxy models, LG and Google Pixel 1 and 3. 

If your Android OS version is lower than V7, the Conductor app will not be available in the Play Store.

I just downloaded the new Android app to my phone and it's just great with single-handed control.

Saying goodbye for good to the 2-handed iPad. 

Thanks a million, Aurender!

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

Still no iPhone app??

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

2 hours ago, justubes said:

I cannot seem to choose any tidal streaming selections from the Android app at all.

Most of the current playlist is from Tidal, but does not show up when i open the Android app. 

Wonder if it works for Tidal?

Just change the selection from the Aurender symbol (having the same shape as the on-off button of your Aurender) into the Tidal symbol. Push the Aurender symbol from within e.g. the Search function for a second or so to change to Tidal. Done!

Screenshot_20190802-205413_Aurender.jpg

11 minutes ago, justubes said:

Oh Thank you.

I was playing with it and does not show the full playlist on my ipad.

Subsequently, it deleted my current playlist on the ipad whilst still showing some songs on the Android.

So it looks like development is still in progress for bugs.

The playlist takes a few minutes to load the first time on both the iOS and Android platforms.

Check your playlist again on both platforms to see if they are in sync.  There may just be a bit of time lag before syncing.

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

9 hours ago, Foxman50 said:

......is the app exactly the same, same functionality and appearance.

Yes, it is. :)

Jon

A question on back up compatibility.  I am backing up my Aurender via my Macbook Pro using Sync Folders Pro to an external pair of WD Hard Drives.  I have a cloud plan also but will save that for another day.  I first need to reformat the drive that will hold the clone.

What is the best format to use for the back up drive?  Should I reformat to Apple File System (APFS) or Mac OS Extended.  I think the right answer is the former.  Just want to make sure that there is no compatibility issue.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

A question on back up compatibility.  I am backing up my Aurender via my Macbook Pro using Sync Folders Pro to an external pair of WD Hard Drives.  I have a cloud plan also but will save that for another day.  I first need to reformat the drive that will hold the clone.

What is the best format to use for the back up drive?  Should I reformat to Apple File System (APFS) or Mac OS Extended.  I think the right answer is the former.  Just want to make sure that there is no compatibility issue.  Thanks!

You may want to go with a more universal format such as exfat. This way if you had to connect the drive directly to a non-Apple device to restore content you shouldn’t have any issues. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just noticed that there have been two updates to the conductor- 3.01 minor fixes and 3.1 seems to be mostly for W 20 SE compatibility. 

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

There seems to be an issue with the AMM following the firmware update. So I would not recommend anyone with an N100 do the update as you may not be able to add new music. Not sure if it effects all models but Aurender has not supplied a fix date.

im a little disappointed by this, some years back this happened and it was fixed within a day. So far its been over a week this time, while I appreciate Aurender needs to work on their new firmware they need to prioritise issues as they arise. 

I moved away from my previous hardware for this very fact, good support is key, at least to me. 

12 hours ago, Foxman50 said:

There seems to be an issue with the AMM following the firmware update. So I would not recommend anyone with an N100 do the update as you may not be able to add new music. Not sure if it effects all models but Aurender has not supplied a fix date.

im a little disappointed by this, some years back this happened and it was fixed within a day. So far its been over a week this time, while I appreciate Aurender needs to work on their new firmware they need to prioritise issues as they arise. 

I moved away from my previous hardware for this very fact, good support is key, at least to me. 

@Foxman50 I think the problem is that you are using beta firmware on your Aurender. As you can see from the other users who have chimed in above, this is not a universal problem. I will follow up with you via [email protected] to get you fixed up.