IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

20 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Did that a few times already. Prob didn’t test it on older iPads....

I didn't search Aurender's site very well but couldn't find a mention as to what versions of ios are not supported. 

@honeymustardsteve You now have a very good reason to upgrade your iPad. 😁

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

22 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

I updated the app yesterday and every time I press the playlist button, the app crashes. Tried reinstalling and it still crashes. 

I don’t think I can downgrade the app...

im running an iPad 2 and there were no problems previously. 

@honeymustardsteve Yes, unfortunately it is due to the old iPad/old iOS version. Our software team says that a fix for this particular problem is on the way in the next few days.

However, as Aurender continues to develop software for iOS 12 + and simultaneously on the Android platform, Conductor’s support for iOS9 and earlier will probably expire this year. Sorry about that. 

52 minutes ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Yes it’s ok to stop supporting as long as there is a working version so that we aren’t left stranded and forced to spend more money. 

While this may seem like a reasonable request, it's a nightmare for manufacturers. Maintaining two versions of an app can be much more work. On the Android side this would be untenable. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.  I moved on from Aurender after purchasing Roon.  Having said that I realize that Roon isn't for everyone and many people don't like it or won't be purchasing it.  Still, Aurender's reasons for not supporting Roon don't make sense.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

12 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.  I moved on from Aurender after purchasing Roon.  Having said that I realize that Roon isn't for everyone and many people don't like it or won't be purchasing it.  Still, Aurender's reasons for not supporting Roon don't make sense.

In their present configuration, Aurender devices don't seem to be compatible with Roon. You may be able to kludge a Roon/Aurender configuration but...

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

36 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.

I think you're dreaming on this one. Introducing a third party can only increase the complexity and issues. Both companies have their own minimum requirements. When you combine them it can get ugly. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

40 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.

It took them years just to do a GUI that wasn't brown.  So good luck.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

42 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think you're dreaming on this one. Introducing a third party can only increase the complexity and issues. Both companies have their own minimum requirements. When you combine them it can get ugly. 

Ugli.jpg

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I disagree.  Dozens of vendors support Roon and the experience even with upgrades is seamless.  I have used Roon with three different Lumin devices, a Bryston BDP-1, Auralic G2, PS Audio Directstream all without issues. 

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

47 minutes ago, sfseay said:

I disagree.  Dozens of vendors support Roon and the experience even with upgrades is seamless.  I have used Roon with three different Lumin devices, a Bryston BDP-1, Auralic G2, PS Audio Directstream all without issues. 

I highly recommend asking around. Many manufacturers are frustrated by what Roon makes them do in order to be Roon Ready. For example, a new one is that Roon requires a device volume be at a certain level. This won’t be possible for some manufacturers with analog volume control. Also, a Roon Ready end point must be visible on the network at all times. Thus, products now need another power supply that only keeps the network card available for Roon to see. Powering much more will break EU rules for energy consumption when a product is in sleep mode. 

I understand why Roon required these items for the best end user experience but you should know it isn’t all sunshine for manufacturers. 

@Allan F and @sfseay -- as a roon user, i understand where you're coming from -- roon is a great program.

i assume aurender has made a strategic decision that for them to build their business most effectively, they believe that owning the entire ecosystem is the way to go.  i also assume that they think that roon tarnishes their brand and makes their hardware appear to be more of a commodity.

i understand the argument.  unfortunately, i'll never own one of their products.  but then again, the people on this forum are the small minority, not the large majority of customers.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
6 minutes ago, mabe said:

+1

...even if I would belong to a "small minority" , aurender enabled/facilitated me beautiful hours of music w/o any HW/SW troubles.

I think, there is always a market for music enthusiasts willing to spend a lot of money in high quality products from reliable companies.

My many years of experience with aurender has proven its worth.    

I agree. There is a larger market for this than most people think. In addition,  many people talk about Roon versus Aurender, but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both, as well as just about every other platform available.

I'm currently using a W20 connected to a dCS Rossini (that's sending external word clock back to the W20 and running dual AES) as my reference. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both

For what purpose would a "normal" use more than one high-quality platform?

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II