Jump to content
rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bmichels said:

I upgraded to conductor 3.0 for my W20.

 

New interface looks good, but... I am disapointed: Last year in September 2018, I has a mail exchange with Aurender's Technical Support Manager , about the Lyrics being displayed like ROON does, and the answer was

 

"Currently, no, there is no provision for vieing lyrics within the Conductor app. However, Conductor 3.0 is currently under development. It is a complete overhaul that will maintain foundation of the simple Aurender user experience but will incorporate more of the automatic metadata retrieval and implementation that Roon has made essential. A solution for retrieving and displaying song lyrics is included in the long list of features that will be enabled. It is still too soon to talk about any kind of release date, but it is coming...... By “automatic metadata retrieval” I mean download/retrieval from the internet. So, no, you won’t have to manually tag lyrics to all your songs!

In the interest of setting your expectations properly, I have to add that since we are a small company, it will be some time before 3.0 is ready for universal release. But we are committed to building an app/user experience that competes with Roon. As music lovers, we really respect the discovery and metadata implementation/retrieval functionality that Roon has developed."

 

And this conversation convinced me to purchase the W20 instead of a ROON Server.

 

Today, I see that lyrics are still not implemented.  and I am disapointed by those promises not holded...  :-(

 

You should never trust a software developer when it comes to promises about features and timelines 😀

 

I communicated  with Aurender 2015 regarding some improvements around tagging/sorting since I felt the app did a rather poor job in this area. Based on the replies, the impression I got was that improvements in that area were planned. Four years and many conductor-releases later, nothing has happened in this area. Luckily, i moved on to other solutions that suited me better, so my suggestion is that you should make your buying decisions on what the solution provides today - not what you hope it will provide in the future.


CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SirAtilla said:

Grabbed this from the Aurender Korean web site outlining the difference between the W20 and the new W20SE that is being shown at the California Audio Show starting today.

 

564548701_ScreenShot2019-07-26at5_09_22PM.thumb.png.b02a2420b271a4bee3560d515770bb56.png

It's not fully correct by the way. The current W20 supports DSD128 (over USB), not just DSD64.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, biosailor said:

 

Same here with N100H! I tried Roon, even have a lifetime license, but sonically, Roon just isn't as good as the N100H. I had Roon installed on my Mac Mini, afterwards on a Nucleus, and yet, I just prefer the sound of my N100H. So I'll stick for quite a while with the Conductor app. Great sound!

 

The key to get the most from Roon is to separate the server from the rendering hardware (endpoint) i.e. you should not connect a Mac Mini or a Nucleus directly to your DAC. 


CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

The Aurender gear is so well made, sounds so delightfully good, looks so stunning, and is (even for a computer illiterate like me) so easy to use, I have a hard time understanding why, say,  missing lyrics, or the color of the program’s background, are such a crushing disappointments.  I understand “hey, it would nice,”  but . . .

 

I was also astonished how stubborn Aurender seems to be to make steps towards substantial improvements of their Conductor app. But it is as it is, it's not a bad app, very reliable, and in the end, the sound dictates which system suits you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, biosailor said:

 

I was also astonished how stubborn Aurender seems to be to make steps towards substantial improvements of their Conductor app. But it is as it is, it's not a bad app, very reliable, and in the end, the sound dictates which system suits you.

Guess you have tried the latest 3.0 version already (just a few days old)? Use it for a while and you will discover some nice new features. Also a completely new Android phone app is on its way. It's looking to become great too. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Guess you have tried the latest 3.0 version already (just a few days old)? Use it for a while and you will discover some nice new features. Also a completely new Android phone app is on its way. It's looking to become great too. 😊

 

Just listening with the 3.0 version. I like it, but will need a bit time to exploit the new features. So far nice improvements!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I was perfectly happy with the previous version. Is it possible to go back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the official product information (PDF) about the new W20SE. Casing and exterior design is the same as the W20. I'm not yet sure if there will be an upgrade path for current W20 users, but I expect and hope so.

 

https://perfect-sense.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Aurender_W20SE_www.perfect-sense.se_.pdf

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

 

image.thumb.png.3fecd1216c1b587fe24e09614a3df6ee.png


 

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

 

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perfect sense said:

Here's the official product information (PDF) about the new W20SE. Casing and exterior design is the same as the W20. I'm not yet sure if there will be an upgrade path for current W20 users, but I expect and hope so.

 

https://perfect-sense.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Aurender_W20SE_www.perfect-sense.se_.pdf

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

 

image.thumb.png.3fecd1216c1b587fe24e09614a3df6ee.png

I understood earlier that no upgrade path will be available for current W20 owners. I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the upgrades TBH and I'm wondering what the price uplift of $ 4.400,- will bring to an improvement of the actual SQ (which will not be an easy job). I will be curious to hear both versions side by side, but if there will indeed be no upgrade path possible I'm quite sure I will let this one pass. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since many w20 users chose the w20 because of the facility to lock to an external masterclock, the clock upgrade in the w20se will be redundant. Replacing the psu with a linear power supply should be worthwhile. That should be possible as an upgrade if Aurender or a third party supplier would help. Otherwise not too much to tempt me to trade up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Custodian said:

Since many w20 users chose the w20 because of the facility to lock to an external masterclock, the clock upgrade in the w20se will be redundant. Replacing the psu with a linear power supply should be worthwhile. That should be possible as an upgrade if Aurender or a third party supplier would help. Otherwise not too much to tempt me to trade up.

 

 

Exactly, the clock upgrade is also redundant for me as I'm using USB. Decoupling Ethernet is easily done outside the W20. The SMPS in the current W20 is only connected directly to the non-audio stuff and all audio related circuits are being fed by it through the battery pack only. So that's why I'm wondering if the SQ improvement will be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ponzi said:

The Aurender gear is so well made, sounds so delightfully good, looks so stunning, and is (even for a computer illiterate like me) so easy to use, I have a hard time understanding why, say,  missing lyrics, or the color of the program’s background, are such a crushing disappointments.  I understand “hey, it would nice,”  but . . .

..not really necessary..


mabe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Exactly, the clock upgrade is also redundant for me as I'm using USB. Decoupling Ethernet is easily done outside the W20. The SMPS in the current W20 is only connected directly to the non-audio stuff and all audio related circuits are being fed by it through the battery pack only. So that's why I'm wondering if the SQ improvement will be worth it.

@AriMargolis You have probably heard both versions side by side? Could you maybe share your experiences, especially w.r.t. SQ? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have think I have read some very impressive comments. Sorry if this sounds redundant. Both of your arguments are very valid and it’s hard to make a viable reason to upgrade to the new W 20 special edition if you already have a W 20. I have been patiently waiting to buy the W 20 knowing the upgrade was coming. Now that it’s available I may be looking for a great deal on a W 20 instead. I feel like Aurender missed the target audience who will have a high end Digital to analog converter.

 

noushy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Noushy said:

 I have think I have read some very impressive comments. Sorry if this sounds redundant. Both of your arguments are very valid and it’s hard to make a viable reason to upgrade to the new W 20 special edition if you already have a W 20. I have been patiently waiting to buy the W 20 knowing the upgrade was coming. Now that it’s available I may be looking for a great deal on a W 20 instead. I feel like Aurender missed the target audience who will have a high end Digital to analog converter.

 

noushy

You will love the upgrade to the W20 from your N10. I did the same. 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 4:24 AM, The Fonz said:

Love the new look. One bug though. Streaming from qobuz no track title on the display of my n100. On both lines the artistname appears. Display is ok with TIDAL and library. Only with qobuz it’s wrong. 

Check a couple different albums. Then check the meta data that Qobuz is sending. I did this and found that Qobuz wasn't sending the correct or same metadata for each track. 

 

For example, Mazzy Star's album So Tonight That i Might See shows up as Mazzy Star for both the artist and album on my Aurender. Switching to Jack DeJohnette's album Jack DeJohnette's Directions shows both artist and album name appropriately on the Aurender. Looking at the Qobuz metadata shows the discrepancy. 


Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Check a couple different albums. Then check the meta data that Qobuz is sending. I did this and found that Qobuz wasn't sending the correct or same metadata for each track. 

 

For example, Mazzy Star's album So Tonight That i Might See shows up as Mazzy Star for both the artist and album on my Aurender. Switching to Jack DeJohnette's album Jack DeJohnette's Directions shows both artist and album name appropriately on the Aurender. Looking at the Qobuz metadata shows the discrepancy. 

 

Seeing artists on left and right hand side of my N10 displays with Qobuz.  Album doesn't seem to make a difference including the Jack DeJohnette's album you mentioned.


Carlin "Rick" Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I updated the app yesterday and every time I press the playlist button, the app crashes. Tried reinstalling and it still crashes. 

I don’t think I can downgrade the app...

 

im running an iPad 2 and there were no problems previously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...