rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Blakcloud said:

Currently I have a N100H and a N100C for a second system. Today I pulled them both out to see if I could hear a difference between the two. So far I am in the testing phase so I will withhold judgment. It really doesn't matter much because I am keeping both so the outcome is only for interest sake. I did purchase a Singxer SU-1 converter that is sitting in a box that I might try to experiment with on the H model.

Though I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. My friend has a X100L. When he creates folders in Music1, for example Jazz, Classical etc, they don't show up in the Aurender App. They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

I was wondering if having the two hard drives Music1 and Music2 for the large capacity units that something is different. Yes, he has emailed Aurender but they have not responded. His unit is not new so no dealer support. Any help would be appreciated.

I love my Aurenders. They were my best purchases in the audio world.

Aurenders.jpg

It will be interesting to hear your results! 

14 minutes ago, Blakcloud said:

They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

@Blakcloud that second line of buttons in the app reflects the folder names as they are on the ROOT of the drive. It can display up to 10 "buttons" based on those folder names and yes, it does scroll from left to right. It doesn't make any difference whether the folders are on Music1 or Music2. If it is not working for him then I wonder if the folders he is creating are not on the Root of the drive, but buried somewhere deeper in the folder structure? Or perhaps there is something wrong with the scanner in which case we'd need to check. 

What's his name and when did he email support? We have not seen a report like this come through any time recently. Please tell him to feel free to reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to help, whether he purchased the unit new or used.

7 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Currently I have a N100H and a N100C for a second system. Today I pulled them both out to see if I could hear a difference between the two. So far I am in the testing phase so I will withhold judgment. It really doesn't matter much because I am keeping both so the outcome is only for interest sake. I did purchase a Singxer SU-1 converter that is sitting in a box that I might try to experiment with on the H model.

Though I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. My friend has a X100L. When he creates folders in Music1, for example Jazz, Classical etc, they don't show up in the Aurender App. They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

I was wondering if having the two hard drives Music1 and Music2 for the large capacity units that something is different. Yes, he has emailed Aurender but they have not responded. His unit is not new so no dealer support. Any help would be appreciated.

Aurenders.jpg

N100 is great!!!

8 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Aurenders.jpg

looking forward to your N100H/ N100C comparison results.

I am also very curious how N100H works with Singxer SU-1 converter. I am going to purchase similar XMOS based converter (maybe the same Singxer model) to extend my Aurender N100H connection options. As USB to AES/EBU converter mainly. I am curious if it works without any compatibility issues (because on PC you have to install some drivers, so I am curious how it works with Aurender directly without drivers involved…).  

Isotek EVO3 Aquarius > Torus Power TOT Max CE power conditioner > C.E.C. TL51XR (as transport) Aurender N100H streamer > Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 amp > Diapason Adamantes III 25th speakers

16 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Aurenders.jpg

I have the 100C and am interested in your observations too Blakcloud. I agree the money I spent on the Aurender is some of the best I've ever spent in the audio world.

Separately, and this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if you can create folders for newly added files older than 30 days? For example, create a folder for files that are under 60 days, under 90 days, etc? Thanks

4 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

Separately, and this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if you can create folders for newly added files older than 30 days? For example, create a folder for files that are under 60 days, under 90 days, etc? Thanks

@Jeff_N - Not a dumb question!

You can press & hold the "30" day filter and change the number of days you want to filter that way:

IMG_0438.thumb.JPG.2b71edb919618641b3575df4ef694e45.JPG

Also, you can go into the Settings menu and under "General" you can change the max number of days to include in the filter under "set days to filter recently added list":

IMG_0437.thumb.JPG.ae6575000b85e0db3f4846c78e03544c.JPG

You could also create dated folder name reflecting what date you imported certain content, but that would be very cumbersome. These filters above should do the trick.

5 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Does the Conductor App have the capability to set "Favorite" albums as a group for content stored locally on the Aurender hard drive?

Do you normally "stream" your music from an external HDD/NAS (as opposed to storing all of your music on the internal HDD)? If so, where is a "Playlist" stored and will it serve you as a "Favorite" group.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. ClearAudio Emotion TT.

Shout out and thanks to those posting here for the guidance as you can now count me with the N100H owners.  I appreciate the information and the reviews on this thread.  I have long been over due to retire my 2012 Mac Mini / A+ combo, although Audirvana has really served me well.  I have known for a long time that I needed to move to a purpose built machine with a lower noise floor and no concern for transition between OS versions.  So now we sit in my home office loading files.....

@rwwjr44 thanks for the reply.  I take your reply to mean that to create a grouping or mini library of "Favorite" albums, just make each one of those albums its own playlist.  Let me know if I interpreted that correctly.

IMG_3481.JPG

17 minutes ago, Booster MPS said:

Shout out and thanks to those posting here for the guidance as you can now count me with the N100H owners.  I appreciate the information and the reviews on this thread.  I have long been over due to retire my 2012 Mac Mini / A+ combo, although Audirvana has really served me well.  I have known for a long time that I needed to move to a purpose built machine with a lower noise floor and no concern for transition between OS versions.  So now we sit in my home office loading files.....

@rwwjr44 thanks for the reply.  I take your reply to mean that to create a grouping or mini library of "Favorite" albums, just make each one of those albums its own playlist.  Let me know if I interpreted that correctly.

IMG_3481.JPG

Yes playlists will work. They are a bit clumsy to use until you get the hang of it.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. ClearAudio Emotion TT.

17 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Does the Conductor App have the capability to set "Favorite" albums as a group for content stored locally on the Aurender hard drive?

@Booster MPS congrats on your new N100H!

You can assign  "star" rating (1 to 5 stars) to your favorite tracks. The app has a star filter which, when engaged, will reveal all the content that you have starred/"favorited". This way you can group your favorite stuff and access it via the star filter.

File_001.thumb.png.d65769970d36d9e928c0e5584dd77794.png

1 hour ago, Booster MPS said:

IMG_3481.JPG

I’m so glad all worked out for you in the end! Did you get the Open Box Model I found for you on Music Direct? 

Let me know if you have any other questions, I’ve become really familiar with the Conductor App. 

I personally have been just creating playlists for my individual favorite or reference albums. Also I have created a bunch of Playlists by Artist / Band and then have all of my favorite albums/ songs of theirs within the playlist, etc. 

Its a work around, but it works well if you have a large library such as myself and want quick access to your favorites! 

Welcome to the Aurender club! 

Everyone:

Since downloading the most recent update to the Conductor app, I am having two problems.  First, some of my album art disappeared.  It is still in the ASC-10, but now not the N10.  Second, my N10 struggles to fire up.  When I click it, the iPad screen either tells me to try later or to the reset the Aurender.  When I rest it, it launches, but then asks me to reset again the next time.  Never had these issues before.  Ideas?

@Quadiffusor HK I think that I would probably agree with you on having the ability to favorite entire albums, but I would speculate that the reason it does not work this way has to deal with the database structure.  I went about setting up a subgroup of favorites as suggested by Ari, and it worked out giving me the sub-group that I desired.  Removing that last "star" if you want to un-rank a song is indeed pretty tricky in the app.

Just a quick question. I am looking at purchasing a N10 and would like to know when playing music in a "random sequence" can it be done by Songs as well as by Albums.

A flaw in reasoning is a mistake in how conclusions are derived from assumptions, not a mistake in assumptions.

AB835

6 hours ago, Ponzi said:

Everyone:

Since downloading the most recent update to the Conductor app, I am having two problems.  First, some of my album art disappeared.  It is still in the ASC-10, but now not the N10.  Second, my N10 struggles to fire up.  When I click it, the iPad screen either tells me to try later or to the reset the Aurender.  When I rest it, it launches, but then asks me to reset again the next time.  Never had these issues before.  Ideas?

@Ponzi sounds like our software team needs to take a look at your system. Please send a remote support request from the app or email us at [email protected]

4 hours ago, AB835 said:

Just a quick question. I am looking at purchasing a N10 and would like to know when playing music in a "random sequence" can it be done by Songs as well as by Albums.

@AB835 Sure. You can go to the "song" tab on the top row and then tap "add all songs" > "Play random". This will add up to 2000 random songs from your library to the play queue.

IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.a1f2b6758a02e8e618c7438a07b32755.JPG

Or, you can manually add a bunch of songs or albums or playlists to the queue and put it on "shuffle" mode (criss-crossed lines icon to the right of the playback progress bar).

..or Aurender could change their philosophy and update their software to be Roon compatible.  But since it has taken over two years to allow different colored skins, perhaps they don’t have the technical expertise.  

I sold my Aurender gear and went to Lumin.  Lumin listens to their customers and gives their devices the software capabilities their customers want.  Aurenders argument that Roon will lessen the quality of the sound is BS.  They are just too cheap or lazy to allow Roon capabilities with their devices 

Main System
Mark Levinson 585 Integrated Amplifier, PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, Auralic Altair Music Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra 1 Speakers, Definitive Technology PF15TL Subwoofer, Audioquest CV-8 Speaker Cables, Morrow Audio XLR Interconnects, PS Audio Statement Power Cords

Office System
Edge i3 Integrated Amplifier, Job 225 Amplifier, Sony HAPZ1ES Digital Audio Player, Auralic Aires Mini Music Streamer w/ 1TB SSD, Auralic Vega DAC, McIntosh MR7803 Tuner, KEF LS50 Speakers, Audioquest, CV-8 Speaker Cables