rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Looks like a high end A10 combined with an ACS10. Interesting product my guess is they are gearing up a range of devices that will eventually just need an amp/speakers. They already have ventured into one small amp X725 which i owned for a year and my guess is maybe a stand alone Class D product or products soon. The W20 successor will have the word clock option and dual AES digital as well as possibly an I2S connection. Hard to really improve much more than that on probably the world’s best digital music server.

Noushy

1 hour ago, Noushy said:

The W20 successor will have the word clock option and dual AES digital as well as possibly an I2S connection. Hard to really improve much more than that on probably the world’s best digital music server.

Just to clarify, the current W20 already has word clock input and dual AES-EBU. So only I2S would be a new feature which is very rarely accepted by DAC's. My dCS doesn't support it so it wouldn't mean anything to me, but hopefully to others. 😉

In general I agree that it would be hard to significantly improve the W20 sound quality. Probably that's why it's still the flagship product since many years.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:58 PM, Emm said:

This was the reason I went for N10 and not for the W20.

The agreement was to trade in the N10 with the W20 successor

By the way: what information do you have on a maybe soon-to-come successor of the W20? Is it just speculation or more than that? It would be logical that a successor will come but I haven't seen or heard anything about it yet.

Welcome Vincent. For some reason this thread has turned snippy with people attacking others immediately. Not a good thing especially with so few Aurender owners and everyone may have something to contribute. I personally own three units and could easily have had a W20 but until I got my new DAC there was no sense. Now I am waiting for the replacement if I am going to spend that kind of money. (MSB Premiere DAC)

Noushy

1 minute ago, Noushy said:

Welcome Vincent. For some reason this thread has turned snippy with people attacking others immediately. Not a good thing especially with so few Aurender owners and everyone may have something to contribute. I personally own three units and could easily have had a W20 but until I got my new DAC there was no sense. Now I am waiting for the replacement if I am going to spend that kind of money. (MSB Premiere DAC)

Noushy

This is/was a safe haven for Aurender discussion.  Please lets keep it that way.

Not going to make Axpona this year. I am sure the A30 will be around and hopefully not just a static display.  If the preamp section was good enough I would consider this down the road. Love the sound of the AKM  chips.  

Cary DMS 600 > Monoblock Odyssey Kismets in Stratos cases( Stillpoints, Sr Black fuses)> Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Cerious Technologies Matrix IC and Speaker Cable, Audience aR2p_TOSOX  power conditioner, Audience Au24se ,Triode Wire labs,Synergistic, power cables. 

21 minutes ago, Noushy said:

Noushy

Nothing was meant as snippy. Sorry if it came across like that. I only responded because I thought Noushy was referring to the 'next W20' and its additional features, but instead he was referring to the A30 - which as he correctly stated omits clock-in and dual AES.

I don't think I belong in the 'snippy category'. 😉

2 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Nothing was meant as snippy. Sorry if it came across like that. I only responded because I thought Noushy was referring to the 'next W20' and its additional features, but instead he was referring to the A30 - which as he correctly stated omits clock-in and dual AES.

I don't think I belong in the "snippy category'. 😉

No we are all good Vincent.  Easily misunderstood and corrected.  I do plan on going to Axpona since it is only a few hours drive. Will post the findings.

Noushy

2 minutes ago, Noushy said:

I do plan on going to Axpona since it is only a few hours drive. Will post the findings.

Would love to go, but from Europe it would be way too expensive. 😔

Curious about your findings.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ponzi said:

I apologize if this subject has been cover already, but I have a question about converting DSD to PCM, with either the N10 or W20.  The articles I have read suggest that conversions of this type do more harm than good.  There is there agreement about that?

I must say I've never used the DSD to PCM conversion of the W20 (or N10) myself as for me there's no need to do so (my DAC supporting native DSD). But I do have a lot of experience in converting DSD to PCM using professional software and I can confirm that you will always lose some SQ when converting DSD to PCM. In general native DSD will sound better than a PCM-converted version of the same file. So if you can play native DSD from your Aurender I would advise to do so. The option to convert DSD to PCM is only there to accomodate those that own non-DSD, PCM-only DAC's.

The other way around CAN sound excellent by the way (PCM upsampling to DSD), as dCS proves with their latest DSDx2 mappers. But SQ will always depend on the way it is done and I would always judge by ear before choosing any form of upsampling or conversion. 

Hope this helps.

Many of you have already read about the new A30. It will be officially launched at AXPONA (where it will be shown in active demo and also as static display for those of you who want to see it with its top off ;) )

In the mean time, here's some more info. We are VERY excited about this awesome new machine!

And, in addition to the A30 at the very highest end of the spectrum, Aurender has also recently launched a new entry-level product to the "A" (analog) series: The A100. 

Brochures attached for your reading pleasure.

aurender_A100_brochure.pdf Aurender_A30_brochure.pdf

That new color on the conductor app (A30 brochure) 👍

I’m 🤤🤤🤤.

Aurender A10..Oppo UDP 203..Classe' SSP-800..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Dali Euphonia MS4s/CS4/Phantom IW..JL Audio F112..Silnote Poseidon Signature XLR.. Pure Note Alluvion speaker cables..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Lessloss DFPC PCs..Symposium Svelte Shelf Plus..Billy Bags rack.

2 hours ago, JS21 said:

I’m 🤤🤤🤤.

+1. :)

Jon

Aurender N100H, Oyaide Continental 5S usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

16 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

Many of you have already read about the new A30. It will be officially launched at AXPONA (where it will be shown in active demo and also as static display for those of you who want to see it with its top off ;) )

In the mean time, here's some more info. We are VERY excited about this awesome new machine!

And, in addition to the A30 at the very highest end of the spectrum, Aurender has also recently launched a new entry-level product to the "A" (analog) series: The A100. 

Brochures attached for your reading pleasure.

aurender_A100_brochure.pdf 11.14 MB · 48 downloads Aurender_A30_brochure.pdf 6.37 MB · 51 downloads

Thanks for the information.

So what is the pecking order in terms of quality. I know that some of the new machines don't quite align with the older ones but if sound quality is the measure, how do they rank?

Thanks

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. ClearAudio Emotion TT.

22 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@rwwjr44 

A30 - Reference

A10 - Mid-Level

A100 - Entry Level

Any model with a “100” is a smaller chassis size and more budget friendly. 10/20/30 models are full size chassis and generally higher end offerings.

@AriMargolis Thank you.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE. ClearAudio Emotion TT.

15 hours ago, JS21 said:

I’m 🤤🤤🤤.

Can't wait......

20190307_042110.png

Jon

Aurender N100H, Oyaide Continental 5S usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

27 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

Can't wait......

20190307_042110.png

Me either ... a DSD file playing on Tidal in MQA. They must know something we dont :)  But we do know this is not an actual screenshot.

Cary DMS 600 > Monoblock Odyssey Kismets in Stratos cases( Stillpoints, Sr Black fuses)> Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Cerious Technologies Matrix IC and Speaker Cable, Audience aR2p_TOSOX  power conditioner, Audience Au24se ,Triode Wire labs,Synergistic, power cables. 

16 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Me either ... a DSD file playing on Tidal in MQA. They must know something we dont :)  But we do know this is not an actual screenshot.

If I am not mistaken, dsd files played with MQA decoding are converted to pcm by an MQA capable dac.

If the dac is not MQA capable but dsd capable,  dsd files should play natively. 

Jon

15 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

If I am not mistaken, dsd files played with MQA decoding are converted to pcm by an MQA capable dac.

If the dac is not MQA capable but dsd capable,  dsd files should play natively. 

Just saying Tidal does not stream dad so this is a fictitious screen shot