IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

The update seems to be working well.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Anyone know how to delete a playlist? I've been having problems with them since the last update.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

7 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Anyone know how to delete a playlist? I've been having problems with them since the last update.

Duh! Figured it out. :mad: Slide it to the left.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, bsinc said:

I am confused about the software notices. I upgraded the Conductor app which now provides a toggle in Advanced Settings to use DoP or native DSD. Aurender 's site shows a newer version for my machine, however the app keeps telling me I have the latest update which is lower than the version shown on their site, nor does the toggle work. I get a pop-up saying I need the latest software,  to be released in May. Aurender site says it was released in April.  Anyone else seeing this too?

They need to fix this. 

21 hours ago, Clyde2 said:

I too am using an Ayre QB-9 Twenty. My N10 is showing the latest 4.21.86 software and my iPad is showing 3.6.4 software. However I am not showing the native DSD toggle under the Advanced tab in settings. The Aurender site does not indicate that the N10 obtained this capability with the last update but Ari wrote that it did a few entries back. @KenCyclingNYC does your N10 indicate that it is “ready” to go native digital?? 

my N10 didn’t want to update to this latest software but Aurender took care of it after I sent a request. Very happy with that! But after that issue I’m not sure if my unit is troubled or if this capability is not yet implemented in the N10. Thanks in advance to anyone who understands this better than I and is willing to bring me up to speed. 

My N10 doesn't have this feature yet and I think I have the latest upgrades. 

• Aurender App. 3.6.(4)
  • System Version 4.21.86

1 hour ago, wjt3 said:

Has anyone come up with a good way to back up their Aurender?? I have the ACS10 and use Mac/Apple computers

Thanks

I use GoodSync to update from my PC -> Aurender. I also use it to backup to my Synology.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, Clyde2 said:

The newest conductor is in the App Store! I just downloaded it and have the Native DSD toggle under the Advanced 2 tab. Progress is being made! Thank you to Ari Margolis and the folks at Aurender for such a strong effort in getting this going in such a short time. My N10 doesn’t yet recognize my DAC as native DSD capable. I know that it is so I’m certain that will be patched up quickly. 

Works like a champ. Thanks Ari. 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Clyde2 said:

It seems we are stopped at the same intersection. The powers that be are working on it. @rwwjr44 have you sent an email to Aurender yet? They are quite busy these days apparently but I believe they group similar issues together and solve them en masse. Bsinc had great results. Kudos to Aurender and in his case, Ayre, for all the support. 

I have no problems with my Aurender or the way Aurender handles reported problems. Their service is superb. I do have problems with the way information often gets distributed. It is a minor frustration to receive an update and not know what it entails because the aurender.com site isn't updated. It is a minor update to see information posted about an update and how to use it but not when/where it will be available. Thankfully @AriMargolis visits this thread and informs us.

I also use AWS Deep Glacier. It is inexpensive and reliable. The only problem is that retrievals can be slow.

I also use AWS Deep Glacier. It is inexpensive and reliable. The only problem is that retrievals can be slow.

Duplicate. Sorry the system was very slow and I repeatedly depressed the save button.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jesse Locken said:

This is my first post ever on Audiophile Style/Computer Audiophile; actually, this is my first post on any well known audio community website or forum with the exception of the now-defunct Linn forums which used to be hosted by Linn years ago.

I mention this because I want the record to show that until today, I do not spend my time commenting on audio related forums, nor have I ever really wished to spend time doing so. 

I served in the role of Technical Support Manager for Aurender America from May 2016 until December 2017. If anyone doubts this, they can ask Chris himself as I’ve had dinner with Chris and the Aurender team, and have met him numerous times both prior to working for Aurender and during my tenure there. One is also welcome to search Stereophile for my name in an associated review of the A10, and check past Axpona and RMAF video footage of me being interviewed on behalf of Aurender during those respective events. On top of that, I’m certain I have communicated with many of the members of this forum about their Aurender music server.

My initial reason for commenting is to state - Chris, before you make broad statements with the intent to justify why a company expects the prices they command for their products, perhaps you should consider whether those statements are factual or not.

In other words, if you decide to shill for a brand, be aware that there can be repercussions for bending the truth to serve your advertiser’s interests.

Your comment -

I know that you don’t know much about any of this, in actual fact, and are just parroting it in the interest of an advertiser from whom you extract revenue.

A journalistic approach and proper evaluation and investigation into this brand and company would have perhaps led you to a much different conclusion. 

I don't think you know at all what you are talking about, so it's probably a better idea for you not to say anything about it.

Chris wasn't shilling for Aurender. He was simple stating facts for a very broad spectrum of audiophile brands. I have been associated with a few dealers and know that there is most often a healthy markup of these products. Companies need to make some profit above their expenses AND dealers need to make some profit to continue to exist. Hopefully the final price is fair. If it isn't fair (or deemed as such to the buyers), the companies tend not to survive. Since Aurender is a Korean company, few of us are privy to internal business/manufacturing affairs. If you want to explain them to us, do so factually and without innuendo. If you have a complaint with Chris, PM him. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I was new to Aurender, I would consider a N20. But I feel my N10 is working for me...

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, edje said:

I think you are right. I had selected the Dutch language, but all is in English. Then I selected an unreadable language, but still English. With Polish I also have the English interface. But it is a mistery why you have the Korean language in your environment. Can it be a setting on your phone?

For some of these apps you have to exit/close and then restart for the change to be reflected. Just a thought.

8 hours ago, Deyorew said:

I have another 2 questions...

About 3 and a half years ago I asked a question in this thread about sorting albums by artist chronologically. The responses were all saying Conductor app didn’t have that capability (which really shocked me) but was constantly improving. Well should I assume albums chronological is a way to sort now? In other words Abbey Road (1969) is shown after Sgt Pepper (1967)? Or is it still A-Z?

album art.... I know you can search the internet for covers but I have carefully curated all my albums with accurate hi res artwork and in many cases custom scans. Can I use the same files and scans using the aurender manager app? Is there a max resolution or size? I don’t care about taking a photo... 

yes I still haven't pulled the trigger on a music server yet and have been getting by with iTunes and an Oppo Blu-ray player for far too long.

You can sort by "Sort by album year" Find the line that contains the number of albums (just under the list to select format "All   DSD  Etc.  FLAC  Misc") to the right of that is a small widget that allows you to sort by album, artist or album year. Probably gleaned from meta-data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, edje said:

Last time the conductor app typically starts in the settings menu. Does this sound familliar? Is this a bug, or a setting I missed?

My N10 has been doing this for about a few weeks now. A minor pain which I wish would go away. Anyone have any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PedroS said:

My 1st post here and already asking help... 😉

I have the Aurender N20 and the Esoteric K-03xd.

Thing is, from both specifications they should be DSD native compatible, but it doesn't seem so...

Everything else is perfect...

Can you help here?

What DSD rate are you trying to play? If you exceed the maximum rate for either unit the connection may appear to be made but there is no playback. Also what file type are you using? I have found that XXX.dsd and XXX. dff will play. The XXX.ISO may or may not play. If you are not familiar about the DSD file formats visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital.

• 3 weeks later...

Which models have the "Critical Listening" mode?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 3:05 AM, Quadiffusor HK said:

I’ve been experiencing an intermittent problem with my Aurender W20 during the past 2-3 months, under the following conditions:

1) W20 on standby mode, with AC cable connected, powered down from a bright-glow square button on the chassis, to a soft-glow square, via the Conductor App, pressing down on the blue play/pause button and “Power off” selected (instead of “Pause”).

2) Next morning, a manual push on the soft-glow square on the chassis, for it to go through its usual power-on cycle, taking about a minute, resulting in a bright-glow square, and the display showing “Select Song”

3) Upon launching the Conductor App on my iPad Pro, and seeing the usual interface window appear, a message “updating Aurender” appears in a blue square.  Then, the W20 powers down, disconnects, and becomes unresponsive to the Conductor’s command.  Manually pushing the square button is the only way to resume operations and connection to the Commander App.  Upon turn-on, the amber VU meter becomes visible momentarily, even though that particular display option is not selected as a default.

Anyone else experiencing this very strange and unwelcome behavior on their Aurender units, requiring powering on TWICE before it’s operational?

BTW, I have the following versions installed:

Aurender App version: 3.12.47 (8)

Aurender System App version: 4.21.309 (W20}

I have not reported this issue to Aurender yet, because I was waiting for an updated firmware software, but apparently this problem has persisted through a number of incremental software updates...

This may not help but sometimes powering down via the front switch, then turning the rear switch off and then removing the power cord for a few minutes helps. YMMV.