IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

SQ of my new N100H after 3 wks. is superb. Best investment I ever made in my system. Really enjoying it (as opposed to fiddling with it.)!

Just wondered if I still needed the amber Regen. It does add a little more separation of instruments and wider soundstage. No difference I can tell to tone or freq. range.

Thank you, Aurender!

Never heard of this problem. You are adding to the queue and not a saved playlist?

I've had it a month and just select music using "Add all songs" button or single-tap on songs. No saving to playlists at all. Today when I pick the iPad up and it's performing as mentioned above. Weird.

I have fixed it. I rescanned the database - no change then after a couple reboots of iPad, changed General/Song-selection-default-behavior/Add-to-end to /Add-to-Next, exited the app, restarted and it is back to it's normal state. Thank goodness.

Anyway, now I know what to do if it ever happens again.

---------------

All in all, Aurender is the greatest! I so don't miss the fussing around that was needed before. Today's small hiccup is nothin' compared to what went before. The excellent SQ is just the proverbial cherry.

Recently I bought the new Stealth USB cable after vast listening and replaced my (previous) TotalDac USB filter. I was shocked by the difference.

Everything is in a whole new three dimensional soundstage with lots of more dynamics and even sweeter tone (which was totaldac's main game). The sound is more organic now and with lots of presence. Kinda spooky feeling like being in a live concert.

Aurender and Stealth Audio USB is a fantastic match.

Regen is also on order.

Non stop ride; this is.

To which model Stealth USB are you referring?

Damn. Thought I was finally rid of upgraditis. Your description has me pumped, HDGeorge. Like you I have gone through the LH and currently on the Total Dac 1. I'll prolly be sucked in before long. Oh, Christmas is coming - Oh - Oh! I think it will come very early this year...

• 1 month later...

I added a DXD album to my Aurender N100H Music1 disk. When the files would not play, I removed them from Music1 thinking the album cover would disappear from Conductor. It did not.

Does anyone know if there is another way to remove the album cover?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been immensely enjoying my N100H for about 90 days now. It stays on and playing on auto-repeat 24/7. I figure by now it may be broken in.

As there are no moving parts, am I wearing anything out by leaving it on and playing? I turn off the preamp when I want to keep the speakers quiet.

Big storm knocked my N100H out. i managed to fumble my way through getting it back to playing. Read that Aurender recommend unplugging it under such circumstances. How to you folks handle such weather threats? There must be steps to take before unplugging.

• 4 months later...

My N-100H has needed rebooting once in the 7 months I've had it and only after lightning storm briefly knocked out power. Music is all on internal HD so no network is needed or used for that purpose. I consider it highly stable and reliable, but then I'm a fanboy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thinking that I'd done all of my homework, I purchased the N100H and tried to connect it's USB output to my ARC DAC8 - no joy. The DAC8 was looking for a Mac or Windows based computer.

I bought a Bryston BUC-1 [uSB input] digital to digital converter and slipped it in between the Aurender and the DAC8. Luckily, the DAC8 includes a full suite of inputs including XLRs. Since the BUC-1 is so good at jitter control, I'm not losing anything in the signal path.

I used to own the DSPeaker Anti Mode 2 but sold it to help finance my move to higher snack bracket stuff. Lately, I've been thinking about re-acquiring a DSPeaker and I know that it includes a USB input and outputs to XLR etc. You might be able to solve your problem by switching from Dirac to DSPeaker. I believe that there is a used DSPeaker on USor Canuck Audiomart. Just be careful, make sure that the DSPeaker is the 2013 and NOT the 2012 model. Also, be aware that DSPeaker is about to release a new room correction device.

Re: DSpeaker

Since in maxes out at 96k, what happens when I play rez above 96? If I have the unit between the Aurender and the DAC (which has capability way above 96), it seems to me I would never get anything above 96. Same if I put the DSpeaker after the DAC.

I agree with your findings on USB cables, I tried similar to replace my WireWorld Platinum Starlight 6 like Totaldac, Audioquest diamond, Nordost, LH, Curious etc and finally the Stealth Audio USB-T was a revelation in performance and especially in 3dimensionality, flow, spacing, depth, micro-details and overall liquidity.

Please detail your system. I have a Stealth in my closet - maybe I should dig it out??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...