rwwjr44

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

It would be good to have a definitive answer to the question on Roon and MQA from Aurender.

Hi kblundy,

don’t believe the hype!

I guess most of the current aurender users value the fact that the marketing/design team don’t follow all the nice to have wishes/features quickly compromising SW stability.

We know what we already have… and this is excellent. Anyway, if something new has been proven in practice, why not implement it too.

mabe

Wondering if anyone else has experienced the following: after an update to the WiFi access point (reboot typically happens) the Aurender does not have the original/last IP address though everything else that's WiFi connected is working as before?

Hi Steve,

yes...experienced same issue. Asked myself already if something might be wrong with my WiFi network....

Hopefully Aurender R&D will change/solve it soon.

Manfred

mabe

No problems here with the updated conductor app

No problems here with latest upgrades too.

The DHCP network/AirPlay issues are solved.

Many thx to agladstone and to the aurender team.

mabe

I think Aurender should make some kind of N10 with modular output(s) and no internal drives, so you could pick for example AES-EBU only and there would be no redundant circuitry, being modular you could change the output later if your DAC changes.

I'd have one.

+1

...I could further downsize my system ending up in a 2 box audio set up (N10x via AES-EBU to Lyngdorf TDAI 2200).

I'd have one too....

All_Dig_System_15.jpg

mabe

Yes, an improved Conductor would be great, more modern colors as well. But I'm another person who doesn't need Roon, especially since I've carefully cultivated the metadata in music library -- at least the metadata that matters to me -- over the course of many years.

Dave

+1

Fully agree. The overall objective of my music system is to be able to enjoy music.

Finding/selecting music on a fast, reliable and easy way (also for my wife) is essential as well.

My workflow: ripping (dBpoweramp) -- tagging (Mp3tag) -- NAS + Aurender HDD provides/enables all flexibility to cultivate the metadata to my taste i.e. by defining specific Genres.

Additional information re composer, whatever…is available via internet anyway.

So with the Aurender I ever nether missed something…

mabe

mabe

... I will most likely replace my S10 with something Roon-based. If I want top sound quality, I can always play vinyl :)

...and using vinyl would also be more healthy. (Workout once per record)

mabe

To be honest I don't see the point in integrating Roon in Conductor.

+1

To my knowledge Roon provides a different user experience (vs conductor). May be Roon addresses a very specific customer base.

The aurender SW updates are free of charge and completely managed by aurender. For many good reasons I prefer such a one hand offering. Optimization (HW/SW) and overall support of the system is much easier.

Ok, there is always a way better…but keeping the SW complexity in line with state of the art UI and current/expected stability should always be priority #1.

“Fitness for use” could be the name of the game….

mabe

I did say it needs some work and would agree that better sorting would be an example of that...but you can type 'Beatles' in the search box to view all Beatles albums - hence it is 'fit for purpose', just not quite as you want it (right now).

I think what some of us are really saying is that less functionality in favour of best SQ should be the Aurender way (as long as the app remains easy to use)

+1

@ Taxman

"Mp3tag" (as example) is commonly used as convenient sorting tool.

mabe

10 hours ago, agladstone said:

Any problems with the new Aurender software I need to be aware of?

... updated my X100 and iPad with new releases and everything works fine so far.

Just noticed that the new "internet radio" function seems to enable better SQ than via airplay at same 320 Kbps radio stations (i.e.: http://stream.psychomed.gr/webstream baroque.html ).

For me as background music just ok.

mabe

On 6.6.2017 at 9:03 AM, r_w said:

They haven't answered yet so I'm stuck here without music. Hope they do soon

....any news?

mabe

5 hours ago, r_w said:

They are sending me a new emergency USB drive (there is one inside) which houses the code to rebuild the SSD.

If that doesn't work then it has to be sent to the factory.

thanks for the update.

Lets hope it works w/o additional turnaround time by sending it back to the factory.

mabe

New Setup:

aurender X100, Devialet 220pro, Technisat SAT Receiver, Piega Coax 90.2

All_Dig_System_15.thumb.jpg.55c70e2b45e46124f978b2c9be8e4a4d.jpg

to:

All_Dig_System_17.jpg

mabe

1 hour ago, agladstone said:

I suppose at that point it starts becoming a competitor to the N10?? 

…you got it!

Yes, I was very close to upgrade my X100 toward a N10… but on the other hand I realized (based on some listening tests at home) that there was an urgent “need” to change the amplifier first.

In the end, the Devialet 220pro was the best fit compared to the existing and other setups.

Results:

- current setup enabled a new experience of my music collection

- reduced # of boxes and associated cabling

mabe

2 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

There will always be ways to strive for sonic nirvana.. ?

+1

..... especially if you have excellent recorded and mastered music as well.

mabe

On 19.5.2018 at 5:45 PM, rwwjr44 said:

I. I fall into the latter category and may be in the minority here. :) 

+1. 

mabe

With e.g. Mp3tag (freeware) you can very flexible change your metadata as described.

mabe

21 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

One month since the last post. EVERYONE MUST BE HAPPY WITH THEIR AURENDER!!! ? ?‍♂️

Most certainly more than happy.

Although part of the “elderly people” club, I never ever thought that the N10 upgrade can still make that difference (re listening experience).

It`s really easy to use and rock solid too.

“There might always be a way better”, but perhaps – at least for the time being – I`ve arrived.

mabe

21 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

I would love to see the Wikipedia lookup feature replaced with an AllMusic connection (which requires a subscription). I now use AllMusic for my lookups because so much music information is missing from Wikipedia.

...valuable recommendation. I also use AllMusic too.

mabe

16 minutes ago, biosailor said:

My new Aurender N100H arrived today, equipped with a 4 TB HDD. Transfer of my music library onto the Aurender HDD went like a charm via the Cat 7a cable, no hick ups, no nothing.

The unit is brand new, so no burn in yet (if there’s a thing like that), but it fits so extremely well into my Devialet chain that listening is pure joy!

16 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Congratulations, looks - and most hopefully sounds excellent.

I really enjoy my favorite music with a similar setup (N10/Devialet 220pro) every day.

Have fun…

Manfred

DA3DEC37-B498-4538-B7A0-E51B09FB4063.jpeg

mabe

18 hours ago, Ponzi said:

The Aurender gear is so well made, sounds so delightfully good, looks so stunning, and is (even for a computer illiterate like me) so easy to use, I have a hard time understanding why, say,  missing lyrics, or the color of the program’s background, are such a crushing disappointments.  I understand “hey, it would nice,”  but . . .

..not really necessary..

mabe

1 hour ago, lowviz_mcc said:

Just to chime in. I'm using N10 with the latest firmware and Conductor app v3.02 and I don't have any issues with AMM.

+1

..same here. Absolutely no issues at all.

mabe

3 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Also my experience. Went from an X100L to an N10; very big step in SQ!  I can truly say that every Aurender is priced according to its performance. 

...went successfully through same upgrade process as well. It's really worth every $/€ and highly recommended.  

mabe