IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Linear Power Supply for Aurender X100L

Four days ago I received and installed into my X100L Kenneth Lau’s 100 watt linear power supply which is custom-made for the Aurender. Installation was quick and easy—no soldering or other electrical skills required—basically it’s unplug the old and connect the new supply, which is a standalone box about the size of the Aurender. Kenneth supplied photos and instructions for the procedure, which is easily reversible.

I was delighted, enthralled, and excited by the new installation. The occasional high end glare is gone—one of the artifacts of the switching supply original to the Aurender. The music plays with grace, intensity, nuance, and beautiful timing as required, into a deep ultra quiet soundstage The bass has substance and weight without bloat. I've not had better sound or satisfaction with my system.

Kenneth Lau (User Name la1209) has a thread on the Buy and Sell forum on this site, by special permission from Chris Connaker. Post number 79 in that thread has a photo of the innards of the Signature Edition supply that I purchased.

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

• 2 years later...

Aurender Software Update

The Conductor App allows a software update (4.14.43) that does not appear on the Aurender site.

In that I no longer must fool the app into believing I live in Paris, and the radio listings in Conductor are now mostly U.S., I suspect this is a step toward launching U.S. access to Qobuz. 

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

• 11 months later...