IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

my apologies for the teaser! Look out for an ACS System Software update coming in the next few days.

When the time comes, my iPad ACSManager app should be updateable through the App Store, but how does the ACS System Software get updated? I do not find an option in the ACSManager app options. Composer does have a System Software Update selection in Settings.

Frank

• 2 months later...

W20 + Chord M-Scaler into your current DAC. Use the best cables you can justify. Everything matters.  Maybe there will be some W20s available if enough people upgrade to the W20SE. Good luck even getting an M-Scaler. I got my dealer's first and have not looked back.

I own an ASC10, and it is the best ripper I have, so was a good upgrade from a PC.

Frank

44 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Have you tried using your ACS10 as a player itself going direct to DAC (or with M-Scaler)? 

If yes, how did it compare to the W20? 

I could only afford a W20 if I was able to find one used for a great price, the N10 however, could be a possible option at the top of my budget. 

I upgraded from an N10 to the W20. Was surprised at the magnitude of the improvement. However, would now recommend the N10 with the M-Scaler rather than the W20 alone.

Frank

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, mmeeks said:

Before I purchased the N100, I went the route of using a MacBook Pro, trying various software (Roon, Jriver, Audirvana) and a reclocker with a good power supply and cables (Ifi micro iUSB3.0 and various cables).  The combination of the software and reclocker was a major improvement over just using the MacBook Pro.  But it was frustrating that each piece of software sounded different than the others, and none were clearly better than the others.  Same with the cables.  The combinations were endless.  I am a software developer by trade, and dealing with the software and hardware issues involved with this was not what I was looking for.  I did enough of that at work.  So I asked my dealer to try the N100 in my system.  I was just looking for something that was in the same league as my current setup, maybe a little better, without all the tweaking.  The real surprise was the the N100 was significantly better than my setup.  No just a little, but a lot.  So I bought it.  About a year later I upgraded to the N10.  No regrets here.  However, for those with more patience than me, a custom PC or Mac rig with the right additional hardware might save you some money - but it definitely won't save you any time.

N10 was a major step for me from a Win10 computer.  W20 was a major step from the N10, which I was not expecting.  (Have not heard the W20SE.)  Currently using Black Cat Dig-75 II BNC cables through an Chord M-Scaler to a DAC. 

Amazing how far digital has come in such a sort time.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

What is this? (iPad Conductor app update this morning):

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Version 3.7

Changes from 3.6:

-New features

-Added channel test feature (Requires x.21.175 or later)"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Frank