IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Good afternoon. 

I suspect this question has been asked before but I thought I would ask it again. I am looking to pick up an Aurender N100H and my only concern is potential mechanical noise from the HDD. 

I used to have an Innuos Zen Mini and my biggest frustration - and the reason I ended up selling it - was the noise from the unit as it seems to need to access the HDD constantly. 

I know that Aurender units use an SSD to cache music ready to play but whilst it is going through this process is it particularly noisy? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

I guess your question involves possible noise while the harddisk is spinning to transfer data to the SSD. I have owned several Aurenders (X100L, N10, W20) and have never been able to audibly detect the harddisk spinning. The harddisk is very well damped inside the device. I haven't used the N100H myself, so maybe owners of that model can chime in. I would expect a similar outcome.

Thank you. It is the potential noise from the hard disk I would concerned about - thanks for the feedback on this. I would hope the N100H mirrors your experience with the other Aurender players you have owned.