IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hi guys,

been using my setup consisting of Aurender N100 -> X-Sabre Pro -> Lindemann musicbook:50 -> AC Leisure 3 SE MKII's to great content. Since acquiring the Aurender I have been slowing working my way through this informative topic and noticed some mention of the options to disable USB power in the Aurender app. I would like to do so for my N100 since my dac (X-Sabre Pro) doesn't require it, but it seems Aurender have removed this option from the app? Is there still a way to disable USB power? 

Thanks

On 11/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, rwwjr44 said:

I don't know of any option but I am not sure that you gain and audio benefits from such a move. There may be a reliability advantage since a very few folks have had problems with  USB port failures. Please note that I am not implying that this would be a "fix" for those failures. I just don't know.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, russellbobby said:

That option has been removed for 3 years or so in the N 100 series. 

Thanks for the reply's. Good to know I can stop looking in the app and that the option really isn't there (anymore). 

On 11/18/2018 at 5:07 PM, Mazza said:

@Barbapapa you cannot do it from the App,

You can get the same effect by putting some small pieces of electrical tape over the + & - pins at each end of the USB cable.. or you can carefully open up the sheath of a cheap USB cable and cut the same wires, or make your own..

Never tried it myself but AFAICR something simlilar was talked about on one of these forums

22 hours ago, bmichels said:

Some USB cable, like the "Curious cable" , can be ordered with or without the 5v connection. 

In case of the Curious cable, the "non powered version" just do not have the small orange cable...

Curious cable.jpeg

Might have to try one of these type of cables, thanks for the suggestion. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all, N100 user here. Last week I updated my storage virtual machine and ran into a little issue with my N100 (fw 5.15.28). I will document my experiences below. Please add to or correct my writing to help others experiencing the same issue. 

I am using a Freenas vm to host my music library. After I recently upgraded to "Freenas 11.2 Release" my Aurender could no longer see my shares. Some googlefu and a test share from a not yet updated Freenas vm quickly revealed that the new release of Freenas no longer had SMB1 support by default (for security reasons). Because of what happend after the update I deduct that the Aurender OS relies on SMB1 to connect. 

The fix for this is to enable SMB1 on your Freenas. You can do this by entering the following command in the Shell: 

sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1

After this restart the SMB service and try to connect to your share through the Aurender Conductor. If this fix works for you you can make it permanent  by going to (Freenas) System → Tunables →Add Tunable and creating a Tunable with these settings:

Variable: freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol

Value: NT1

Type: Sysctl

Credit to the original post: Freenas forums

Unfortunately this situation did mean that my playlists have become unusable (empty). I had to rerun AMM after adding my share to use my files. So I wouldn't recommend Freenas owners to upgrade just yet.

I guess it's difficult for Aurender to step away from SMB1 due to compatibility issues with the array of nas devices they have to service. On the other hand I also understand the move towards newer protocols for handling our data from the Freenas side. 

At the moment I am glad to have a workaround and will continue to enjoy the music :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 1:45 AM, paris94 said:

I spent a few hours troubleshooting today and tried your recommendation just recently, turning the A10 off between reconnecting cables...no lights with WireWorld Cat8, but standard-grade ethernet cable works fine.

Check if the Wireworld will function between your router and a normal pc / laptop. If not then you have a defective cable. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, Herb13 said:

Is there a way to backup playlists on the Aurender N100H?  I lost the playlists at one point (after an Aurender update) and could never figure out how to get them back.  Thanks!

Great questions that i'd also like an answer to. Can anybody help? How do you manager (backup) your playlists of your Aurender? 

• 8 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, Vincent1234 said:

Hi Ari,

I just noticed v3.3.60 for iPad has been released 3 days ago. I guess this is the latest version you are referring to? I have installed it and tested it, but the problem is still there. Kindly let me know which options there are.

Thanks, Vincent

Hi all, Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue. Like Ari indicated, it happens when I select “play all” for an album, artist and playlist on both Tidal and network files (Synology). My app is 3.3.60(20), Aurender 5.18.125 & iPadOS 13.3. Would it be beneficial in solving this if I also create a support request, or is this issue sufficiently analyzed? 

I would also like to inform if there has been any progress in solving this issue? I don’t see any new mentions of a software update in the works or a reply to Vincent’s question above. 

Thank you in advance!