IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I have an ACS10 coming tomorrow.  The buyer had it a few weeks and decided to sell it.  Critical listening mode is supposedly a beta release.  He told me if I use it to be sure to turn it off before powering off the ACS10 or file corruption could result.  Aurender is supposedly working to fix the problem.

I will try it the streamer function built into the ACS and also compare it to my N100H.  I saw on another forum the streamer sound quality is somewhere between the N10 and N100H.  I will try it and see for myself.  If it is better than the N100H I will sell the N100 and just use the ACS10 as my streamer.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, agladstone said:

Does anyone know if the new ACS10 would be a superior streamer vs. the N100H?

i know they say the N10 & W20 are better than the ACS10, but I wonder if ACS10 better than the N100H?

I own an ACS10 and it sounds better to my ears than the N100

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

I would dispute the "inferior" description between the N10 and ACS10.  I have owned an N10 and own an ACS10 I find them to be very close if not the same sound wise, but didn't have them side by side to test.  I also have an N100H and X100L and the ACS sounds better then those two players.  I connected the N100 and X100 to the ACS10 via ethernet cable.  The N100's local library was merged with the ACS music library and it seemed seamless using the Conductor app. 

The ACS10 needs some tweaks for sure, but it does what it says it does, and sounds great in the process.

• 1 month later...

This isn't like many of the forums around the web where Peter Lie - Lumin Firmware Lead replies quickly to any all posts requiring assistance.  I guess the support structure is different from Aurender.  Even Auralic has a community support forum where the owner chimes in with answers to questions almost daily.  Aurender might think about looking at what their competitors are doing in regards to support

16 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

My Shunyata Triton automatically switches off and cuts power to all components during any power surge. When the home circuit breaker is restored and the rear switch of the Triton flipped back on again, all components power up back as they were. No damage whatsoever. Very reassuring.  

Hope this helps. 

This isn’t helpful with the Aurenders, which don’t like power being killed on a whim.  Battery backups are only as good as long as the battery holds out.  If you aren’t home when you lose power eventually your battery backup will die and power will be lost to the Aurender.

19 minutes ago, Noushy said:

I run an industrial grade lithium ion UPS that runs on circuits using Shunyata Power conditioning. The UPS units were made for digital signage and it works great.

Noushy

Massive technological overkill doesn’t make a great system.  It just makes for good conversation in certain circles.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, jon2020 said:

How would one know if one has not heard Noushy's system? The problem with opinionated critics giving critical opinions without even a listen.....I rest my case.

I never claimed to hear any system nor did I criticize any system.  I just don’t buy the idea that expensive equipment automatically equals good or improved sound.  I don’t care how expensive something is, it doesn’t always adequate to better sound.  Now take a Midol and calm down.

• 3 weeks later...

You aren't helping the community by complaining about the problem and since you aren't posting solutions to the problem it isn't helpful either.  I purchased an Auender ACS10 and wasn't happy with the interface and bugs.  I worked with Aurender, but still wasn't happy with the ACS application or the way the Conductor app interfaces with the ACS10.  I sold it and moved on.  

If you are fed up with your N10 even if the problem is solved you will probably never be happy with it based on your negative experience.

I'm sure there are several people here including myself that would purchase it from you even knowing the problems you described if the price is right

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Which is the best based upon your experience: Aurender A10, Lumin T2 (likely haven't heard this yet), Simaudio 380D, mytek manhattan 2, ps audio direcstream.

I'm looking for an all in 1 streamer system and dac which does MQA. I saw that that a few of these items have 5 star reviews but hard to know which is the best in terms of sound quality. 

Based on what you listed I would say based on personal experience the PS Audio Directstream

3.5" drives have a lot more capacity than 2.5" drives.  3.5" drives can currently be had up to 14TB.  2.5" drives top out at 5TB

Too bad Aurender doesn't support their customers on this forum like Lumin does.

• 1 month later...

..or Aurender could change their philosophy and update their software to be Roon compatible.  But since it has taken over two years to allow different colored skins, perhaps they don’t have the technical expertise.  

I sold my Aurender gear and went to Lumin.  Lumin listens to their customers and gives their devices the software capabilities their customers want.  Aurenders argument that Roon will lessen the quality of the sound is BS.  They are just too cheap or lazy to allow Roon capabilities with their devices 

• 1 month later...

Try rebooting your iPad.  I have seen crashing problems with other apps and I needed to restart my iPad

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.  I moved on from Aurender after purchasing Roon.  Having said that I realize that Roon isn't for everyone and many people don't like it or won't be purchasing it.  Still, Aurender's reasons for not supporting Roon don't make sense.

I disagree.  Dozens of vendors support Roon and the experience even with upgrades is seamless.  I have used Roon with three different Lumin devices, a Bryston BDP-1, Auralic G2, PS Audio Directstream all without issues. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2019 at 10:04 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree. There is a larger market for this than most people think. In addition,  many people talk about Roon versus Aurender, but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both, as well as just about every other platform available.

I'm currently using a W20 connected to a dCS Rossini (that's sending external word clock back to the W20 and running dual AES) as my reference. 

I just purchased a used W20 and a Debussy DAC.  Does the dual wire AES/EBU make an audible difference vs. a single AES/EBU or USB?  I understand I can run dual AES/EBUs from the W20 to the Debussy and still listen to my DSD 2X files and the single AES/EBU can process DSD 2X also.  Why run two cables? Also, there is no clock output option on the Debussy but the W20 clock is pretty good.   

• 1 month later...

I agree. There is a larger market for this than most people think. In addition,  many people talk about Roon versus Aurender, but they are completely different animals in so many ways. I use both, as well as just about every other platform available.

I'm currently using a W20 connected to a dCS Rossini (that's sending external word clock back to the W20 and running dual AES) as my reference. 

I have a W20 connected to a Debussy DAC and can’t get both AES lights to go on when playing DSD 64/128 files.  I have the Debussy DDP hardware version and firmware 2.30.  Tried two different sets of AES/EBU cables.  The W20 has two-wire mode enabled, but no double lights.  DCS said it should work.  I have a support request into Aurender. 

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

While playing 192 or 176.4 content?

No, but I did notice today it played a 192 file and both AES lights on the Debussy lit up.  I couldn’t duplicate it by laying the file a second time.  I reset the Debussy to factory default.  Still no go.

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, agladstone said:

How did you accomplish this? Wipe the internal drives and install linux and a NAS SW? 

You just need to have your streamer (in has case the dCS Network Bridge) connect to the N100H.  The N100H looks just like a NAS or shared drive on your network.  No changes to the N100H need to be made for other devices to access its data.