IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

It works great for me, but I don't stream anything. I have all my music loaded on the Aurender drives, and I only use ethernet for copying files from my PC and controlling the Aurender.

I can't tell you if using powerline ethernet will be a problem for streaming. Hopefully someone else with experience will post.

• 2 months later...

ACS10 sounds cool but I like ripping CDs to a computer. The computer is a hub from which I transfer music files to my Aurender N100, external HD, another HD I keep offsite, mp3 player, and phone. I don't have a NAS. I'm not sure the ACS10 will be as versatile in that sense.

Agree with Mazza, it would be nice to be able to edit metadata in the Conductor. Am I the only one who transfers albums from computer to Aurender, then sees the metadata's wrong, deletes the album from Aurender, corrects the metadata on the computer, then copies the album to the Aurender again? Seems crazy and I must be missing something.

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Currently I have a N100H and a N100C for a second system. Today I pulled them both out to see if I could hear a difference between the two. So far I am in the testing phase so I will withhold judgment. It really doesn't matter much because I am keeping both so the outcome is only for interest sake. I did purchase a Singxer SU-1 converter that is sitting in a box that I might try to experiment with on the H model.

Though I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. My friend has a X100L. When he creates folders in Music1, for example Jazz, Classical etc, they don't show up in the Aurender App. They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

I was wondering if having the two hard drives Music1 and Music2 for the large capacity units that something is different. Yes, he has emailed Aurender but they have not responded. His unit is not new so no dealer support. Any help would be appreciated.

I love my Aurenders. They were my best purchases in the audio world.

Aurenders.jpg

I have the 100C and am interested in your observations too Blakcloud. I agree the money I spent on the Aurender is some of the best I've ever spent in the audio world.

Separately, and this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if you can create folders for newly added files older than 30 days? For example, create a folder for files that are under 60 days, under 90 days, etc? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, scoc said:

I’m breaking in a completely new N200 unit. I’m at 150 hours now so should be sufficient to start assessing the unit properly but so far the N200 has not really surprised me in such a postitive way to warrant double the price of a N100H.

Good to hear an honest, unvarnished opinion. I'm curious to see if it changes over time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having two problems with my N100C:

1) Streaming Qobuz over the N100C no longer works. The Aurender Conductor just goes from the first track of the album to the next in about a second, all the way through, without playing anything. Like the file is empty or something. I logged in and out of Qobuz but that didn't fix it. Qobuz works fine on my PC so I don't think it's the problem. Anyone else experience this? Now how am I going to listen to the new Adele record (just kidding *gag* 😛).

2) The Recently Added filter doesn't work. It feels like this is the second time that's happened recently.

4 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

• Fixed “Recently Added” filter bug 

Hi Ari,

The Recently Added filter still doesn't work on my N100C. I updated the Conductor software to 5.21.971; restarted the Aurender; changed the day count to a few different values; restarted it again, but it's still not filtering.

Sorry, about five minutes after I posted this, it updated and now the Recently Added filter is working. Weird! Anyway all's well that ends well.

Jeff

• 1 year later...