IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Could someone help me please!!! I just got the N100 and the Conductor App will not recognize the Aurender. According to the instructions, the first time you open the App you will enter a pass code. First no pass code ever comes up on the screen of the N100 and the App never has a dialogue box for this code.

I go to settings in the Conductor App to search for a the N100 but it can't find it. Then I tried to add it by using the IP address and after I type it in, it says it failed to add the Aurender.

I tried the reset in the App but again nothing. I am at wits end with this device. What am I doing wrong?

System 1: Aurender N100C Music Server>Denafrips Terminator and Metrum Octave Mk II DAC>Herron Audio Preamplifier>Herron Mono Blocks>Tetra 606 Speakers. Audio Sensibility Statement power cords, interconnects and speaker cable. TEO Game Changers interconnects. Focal Elear headphones, Lehmann Headphone Amplifier.

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My guess is your Aurender isn't seen on your network. Can you connect to it to load music or see it in Finder/Explorer? Do you have a network scanning app that can tell you it it's seen on the network?

I can see it on the network.

I purchased this second hand from an authorized audio shop and they had music already loaded so I can listen to that music by using the front panel to play the playlists. The Conductor App will not recognize the Aurender.

Update. I finally got it to work. The problem was my iPad was connected to a neighbours WiFi and not my own! My neighbour should really have better security and I better be careful which network I hook into for my own protection.

My next problem is I don't know the password to add music to the network drive but that is something I will ask the shop I bought it from.

System 1: Aurender N100C Music Server>Denafrips Terminator and Metrum Octave Mk II DAC>Herron Audio Preamplifier>Herron Mono Blocks>Tetra 606 Speakers. Audio Sensibility Statement power cords, interconnects and speaker cable. TEO Game Changers interconnects. Focal Elear headphones, Lehmann Headphone Amplifier.

Thanks for your help in this. The first problems were certainly user error on my part but it has only gotten worse. I was able to find the password, thanks for those tips.

I have sent in a request to Aurender so hopefully they can diagnose the problems and fix it. Otherwise it is going back to the store. None of the buttons work. I can't move to the next track or pause it on the unit itself. The screen will just go blank and show random lines and dots. Every time I want to play something new, I open the Conductor App and it has to search for the Aurender in Settings, I then choose it and it builds my music up. I do this five times a day, go into settings and find the player, select it and then it builds my music. Why it disappears is beyond me. The software is up to date and I have the latest Conductor App.

I don't know why I am having such problems. It gets such rave reviews and very few problems. I hope this gets fixed remotely. I wanted something simple to listen to music but this has been nothing of that sort. I have been taking videos of the problems as it might be useful to see what I see.

When it does play music, it sounds great. I just need it to be consistent and work every time I open the app which is not happening.

Aurender N10--Audioquest Cinnamon USB--Metrum Octave Mk II DAC--TEO Audio Game Changer IC's--Herron Pre-amp--Audio Sensibility Statement IC's--Herron Mono Blocks--Audio Sensibility Statement speaker cable--Tetra 606 speakers. Audio Sensibility Statement power cord.

4 hours ago, One and a half said:

When screens go blank, and there's odd characters on screen, the processor or its power supply is not working. Nothing you can do to have this remotely re-tuned, it's a defect and needs a new unit to replace. Best to consult the dealer it was purchased from. Painful that it stuffed about during the holidays.

I think you are right. On Tuesday I will have to take it back. Thanks for your insight. Small movie of what happens.

Screen.mp4

• 4 months later...

I purchased my Aurender to stream music I own, I could care less if there is Deezer, Tidal or Qobuz. But that is just me and a few others, I can see if you love streaming services that would be problem if it were to stop.

• 7 months later...

Sorry if this has been asked in the last hundred pages, but I don't want to read every page to find the answer.

I want to purchase a second Aurender N100(C) as I own a N100H. This will be for a bedroom system. Music will be stored on each independent device. How does the Conductor App switch between each server?

I can see that you can add a second music server in the setup menu so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Wondering if a new icon shows up or what. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 9:04 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s very easy. You just select the unit you want to control in the settings menu. 

Thanks Chris for that information. I did purchase the N100C for a second system and switching is exactly as you described. I used the cloning tool in the software which was pretty handy to get music to the new server and all my playlists etc. Ran Ethernet cables through the walls for both systems so that was a bit of work but beats having to run patch cords along the floor to the different rooms. So I am a proud owner of a N100H and a N100C.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have sent Aurender the same question but maybe some of you can answer it quicker. I am selling one of my two Aurender music servers and the potential buyer doesn't live in North America. They are wondering if it can be converted to 220 volts. I know much of our equipment is not capable but my NAD M2 integrated amp can be either or, so what about the Aurender N100H?

Just got an answer from Aurender and yes it can be done with a small modification but if you do it yourself it voids the warranty which makes perfect sense. You have to love how quick Aurender is in addressing queries and giving full  and understandable answers. Still love my N100C.

• 11 months later...

This is a rant, so read at your own discretion.

TLDR: Aurender I am finished with your product and I am going back to CD's.

I have owned my N100C for quite a few years and I am more than happy with it. My problem is the Conductor software that connects the player to the network. Yes, the updates are quite nice but problem after problem arise after an update. I dread the next update because something that worked before will stop working. My biggest problem is the Conductor app drops the music server every time I open the software. I have to go into settings, choose my server, let it do it's thing and it still doesn't work. I always have to do this twice and then it works. This has been going on for months.

Listen to a few songs and want to pause it, guess what, not connected to the server and I go through the double process of choosing my server from the list. I just get up and use the front buttons. Speaking of the front buttons, they stopped working for two months last year but magically work after a software update.

Yes, I have contacted the help desk but no solutions except for wait for the next update. I have contacted support ten times so far. That is far too many times for a piece of audio equipment.

There are good things about my N100C, it is built well, sounds great and their support is one of the best I have ever interacted with. The interface for the Conductor app is perfect. When the whole system works, I am more than happy and I just get to listen to music.

Now, using this music server just makes me frustrated and unfortunately it is my only music source and for this reason I am done with Aurender. I am going back to CD's. Jay's Audio, here I come.