IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hi Ray,

I'm totally blind, too. When I approached the good folks in the Aurender room at the 2015 RMAF, they saw my cane and said that their Conductor app works very well with Voice-Over. As this was the opposite message I got from the also fine folks at Roon (and almost everyone else), I had to grin :) So I now have the N100H, which I can use just fine. (Although I can no longer find the button to switch over to the Tidal part of the app after the Mar 1 Conductor update.)

Good luck -

Brian.

I suspect nobody has an immediate answer to this, but as I consider upgrading my 2009 MacBook Pro using iTunes, I’m hoping someone will run an experiment for me. I am totally blind and use Apple’s Voiceover to read the screen. iTunes works very well as an interface to select and play music. However, I am looking to upgrade the sound quality of the music and the Aurender systems look like an excellent choice. What I am wondering is whether the Conductor app on the iPad works with Voiceover.

For anyone willing to try, go to Settings, General, Accessibility and turn Voiceover on. Now your iPad will act very strangely in terms of tapping the screen; where a sighted user just touches any button, the blind user can move a finger around the screen to find the desired button and then tap anywhere on the screen to activate an item.

I am hoping someone will turn on Voiceover and then go to the Conductor app. Moving your finger around the screen, can you “read” the information presented?

Glad to discuss off-line if anyone is willing to try.

Thanks so much

Ray

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

• 1 year later...

I'm breaking in my new N10 after upgrading from an N100H.  Unfortunately, I updated my iPad to iOS 11 at about the same time.  I'm having quite a few issues with the Conductor app on iOS 11, and am wondering if anyone else is having issues or what the official story is with Conductor and iOS 11?  I'll downgrade back to iOS 10 if I have to but I'd rather not.

Rockport Altairs, D'Agostino Integrated, DCS Vivaldi, Aurender N10, Transparent/HRS/Nordost.

Sure -
I love the N100H - quiet, reliable, looks great and sounds great.  But the N10 is in another class.  Upon first turning it on, the soundstage width, which I thought was pretty amazing with the N100H, and the accurate location of sound sources within the sound stage were spectacular.  After some break-in time, the sound sources became more resolved, solid, and colorful.  And that sound stage just keeps getting more solid, too.  The N10 is turning out to create greater dynamics as well.  I suspect a lot of the improvements come from a reduction in noise.  Whatever the underlying reasons, the N10 just crushes the N100H.
Also, I am waiting for some isolation pucks from HRS, and may end up getting an isolation base for the N10.  This will improve things even more.
I'm sure the W20 has some sonic advantages over the N10, but the N10 is the sweet spot for me.

Brian.

Hi Foxman50 - Sorry about that :)  I know what you mean.  I absolutely will not audition the W20 in my system.  I'm using a Nordost USB cable to a DCS Vivaldi DAC.  I lived quite happily with that N100H for some time, though - It's a really nice sounding streamer/server.

Hi Vincent - LOL!  I know!  I've heard the W20 in other systems and it always sounds great.  But you can't really grok a component until you've heard it in your own system for a while.  I have no doubt that the W20 would sound better in my system - But I just did a major upgrade with the N10, cables, and some other goodies.  If I don't stop and remodel the kitchen soon, my wife will kill me.  And then she'll have the stereo all to herself.  I can't let that happen.  And to be honest, I'm really waiting to see if Aurender and DCS will ever support DSD-256.  Anyway - Consider me jealous of your W20 :)  Brian.

I'd be thre with an armload of wine and beer, but I'm in Colorado.  If you're in NJ, have you ever made it over to GTT Audio?  The have the new AudioNet Heisenberg amplifiers that I'm eager to hear.  Let us know how the shoot-out goes.

Funny you should say that... I've been trying to clone my N100H to my N10 lately, and just get to that same screen indefinitely.  I'll be asking Aurender about it shortly.

• 5 months later...

This happened to me recently.  I ended up deleting the current app and then installing the new version.  I was all ready to have to re-register the app with my N10 and reconfigure my Tidal account, but I didn't have to do anything; it just worked.

• 2 years later...