IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 10:05 PM, Vincent1234 said:

It's not needed to convert ISO's yourself as your Aurender will take care of extracting them to individual DSD tracks automatically. All you have to do is simply copy the ISO's to your Aurender and have a little patience. After a while they will be converted to invididual DSD tracks and you are ready to go.

Thanks a lot. That worked great.  Also I find that files from the internal hard drive are sounding better to me rather than from a connected USB HDD.That and some 2xdsd files are exhibiting dropouts and other anomalies. Perhaps my USB HDD is not getting adequate power from the USB connection of the n100h.

Cheers,

Sid

• 3 years later...

I ordered a N200 as an upgrade to my n100h.  With the n100h I used an external HDD as a storage device and all but DSD tracks played back well. DSD's suffered some drop outs/stutters - so I used the onboard storage for DSD albums only. Now since the N200 does not have any onboard storage (user installable only), can I use the external HDD in a similar fashion?  Also will usb 3.0 help with larger files (like dsd) stored on external drive?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Cheers,

Sid

56 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

Maybe it's just me, but if you spend that much in a streamer, you can also spend some money on a SSD drive. Get a 4TB or even 8TB Samsung Evo and play all your music from that, and use your external drive as backup. 

Yes funds for an internal drive are not a concern, eventually I am going to do just that, but initially I still want to play off my external HDD, so trying to find out if that functionality still exists.  

Cheers,

Sid

On 11/19/2021 at 5:35 PM, ufoerp said:

I want to upgrade from N100H to N10 now. Is it too late to buy N10 or I better choose another model? 

Cheers.

I am no expert, but my understanding is that the the N10 (and the N100H) use previous generation usb modules.  So if you are going to use usb connection from your aurender as a sole output connection then perhaps it is better to get the newer gen units (n150/n200) etc.  I have been told that with other connections (other than USB) N10 sounds better, but haven't experienced it myself.

Cheers,

Sid

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, sidvee said:

Yes funds for an internal drive are not a concern, eventually I am going to do just that, but initially I still want to play off my external HDD, so trying to find out if that functionality still exists.  

Cheers,

Sid

Got the N200 recently.  Happy to report that it works great with an external HDD, better than my previous N100H which would face dropouts with DSD files, just in case any body was interested in that functionality.  I will get 2 x 2tb SSD's eventually but for now playing off my 1tB external drive.

Cheers,

Sid

23 hours ago, sidvee said:

Got the N200 recently.  Happy to report that it works great with an external HDD, better than my previous N100H which would face dropouts with DSD files, just in case any body was interested in that functionality.  I will get 2 x 2tb SSD's eventually but for now playing off my 1tB external drive.

Cheers,

Sid

I was looking for some info., regarding the N200 whether I can use Aurender Media Manager (AMM) with it to manage my files on external storage .  I believe it cannot be used with the newer generation of players.  Can some one confirm please?

Cheers,

Sid