IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hi all,

Is there anybody having any experience using the Aurender N100h with Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 digital amp?

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Hi from a newbie on this forum! I've had my S10 for a couple of years now and must admit that as much as I love the sound, I'm really annoyed with the user experience. Coming from the Squeeze Transporter/iPeng-world where I had full control over metadata and how my music was sorted and presented, I had hoped for much more from the Aurender.

...yes. And yet, Aurender should look around for some better UI out there. If they are unable to design some good new UI, why don't they copy it then? Far east companies have never had problem with that. For example, look at Auralic's Lightninh DS soft. Such a clean, modern and fresh GUI, easy to use...

Aurender old fashioned brownish look is years behind (not talking about functionality, just terrible, out of date graphic design)...

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

Hi russellbobby,

yes, i am Auralic Aries user. For last few days. I've just purchased Aurender N100H, in few days will be in my system...

Ofcourse, sound quality, as well as built quality and design was the reason. In fact, the only thing i dont consider as upgrade is design of an app. Again, not talking about function or stability etc. As a designer, I really dont like overall look and feel of this app. Auralic did great job in designing their Lighting DS. Thats it.

Anyway, thanks for reassurance about oncoming quality compared to Aries:-)

...best way to improve UI is listening to customers and considering posibilities how to implement certain ideas into your product.

If i were Aurender designer i would join this forum and carefully read every post. For example Mr. Wang Xuanqian,CEO of Auralic, is active member here on Computer Audiophile forum (Auralic related thread). That is good message for customers, in my opinion.

Please be assured that people from Aurender read this forum, as do some dealers. We care.

Great!

Hi all.

I've just finished listenining to my new Aurender N100H and want to share my feelings. Few hours of relaxed listening after initial setup. Wow, even out of the box (not burned in yet, played just few hours) sounds great!Overall setup, including transfer of my entire FLAC library into internal hdd, took me only 2 hours. Everything was easy and quick.I will wait with definitive conclusion after proper burn in, but i can tell right now it is big step forward comparing to Auralic Aries. More relaxed, liquid, more opened sound , wider soundstage. Conductor app works. Even i still think its ugly.

Now i have few questions:

1 - do you recommend to turn off unit when not in use (via Conductor app or front panel button), or is it recommended to leave it always on (stand by mode)? Not talking about back panel power switch, ofcourse.

2 - what does it mean when there is "HDD" icon blinking on top left corner of N100H screen. It seems to be randomly blinking during playback. I'm going to use N100H exclusively with playback from internal HDD. Is this behaviour normal?

3 - how do i know, what music is alredy cached on SSD? Is there any indicator to this status?

IMG_7650.JPG

Does anyone here use usb tweaks like “Audioquest Jitterbug” or “iFi iPrufier2” between Aurender and DAC? Any experience?

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, dminches said:

Does anyone use the Conductor app on an iPad mini?  Is it large enough?

I use it even on first gen. iPad mini and it works! Ofcourse, lot quicker on my iPad Pro, but it it works on mini also. So dont worry, it is OK.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Taxman said:

Have you asked Aurender support?

A professional app developer will be able to get beta-versions of upcoming versions of iOS well in advance of roll-out to customers, giving them plenty of time to ensure the app is working as it should and in most cases also release a new version compatible with the new release and also backward compatible with earlier releases. 

If the app developer are experiencing severe problems that aren't able to fix in time for the production release, you would at least expect them to provide information to customers that they should avoid upgrading until a maintenance release is available. Three good ways to communicate with customers are 

• Provide a newsletter that you can subscribe to (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • News/support bulletins published on the corporate website (not just marketing/sales info!!!)
  • Provide a discussion forum or being active on forums like computeraudiophile

I have learnt the hard way that you really shouldn't be an early adopter in some cases ;)

Exactly. Little attention towards customers would be nice in case like this. But exactly as You wrote, there is no good communication tool from Aurender yet. For example Auralic CEO (Mr. Xuanqian Wang) is quite active here on forum, which is good, because you have always stright and accurate first hand information...

38 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

FWIW, the staff at Aurender have reached out to me several times with very helpful personal support, always very effectively and graciously.  My experience is that they follow these threads rather closely.  I am an N10 owner. 

I believe this is true and Aurender has fair support on personal issue basis. I am talking about general communication here... I am long time Auralic owner, as well as Aurender owner, so I can compare support of both companies. For example UI. Auralic CEO always responded to criticism of certain UI elements, and always clearly explained why these elements are exactly the way they are. Always opened to discussion. Sometimes even implemented reasonable suggestions.

I have never heard from Aurender any attempt to explain anything. There is literally no discussion whatsoever... Maybe they do read this forum, but they don't communicate. Thats all.

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, biosailor said:

That is so true! However, I am a big fan of Aurender's. I switched back and forth between Auralic Aries Mini running with Roon, and whenever I switched back to my N100H, I thought it sounded just right. Auralic has this treble glare, sometimes mixed with a very unpleasant ringing, that is totally absent in the N100H. Beautifully balanced and holographic. NOW, if the N10 is even better, I have no choice than to upgrade. Aurender offers a very convenient one-box solution. I don't like having to reserve a server for Roon, although its library features are way above the Conductor app. But ultimately, the sound is what counts. And in this respect, I very much like Aurender!

I try to get a demo of the N10 at the dealer's where I bought the N100H from. For sure, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all the great input!

I am also big Aurender fan and N100H owner, but it is quite unfair to compare SQ of Auralic Aries Mini to N100H, which is several times more expensive device. Even Auralic Aries femto (which sounds definitely better than Mini) is cheaper. 

However, real Aurender rival today will be Auralic Aries G2, which has great specs and design and according to initial reviews, sound quality is stunning.  I am also considering upgrade from N100H, so Aries G2 (4000€ price range) is hot candidate. N10 is no doubt excelent, but it is over my price limit. As someone wrote before, model between N100H and N10 would be sweet spot for many and clever choice for Aurender.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Blakcloud said:

Currently I have a N100H and a N100C for a second system. Today I pulled them both out to see if I could hear a difference between the two. So far I am in the testing phase so I will withhold judgment. It really doesn't matter much because I am keeping both so the outcome is only for interest sake. I did purchase a Singxer SU-1 converter that is sitting in a box that I might try to experiment with on the H model.

Though I do have a question that maybe someone can answer. My friend has a X100L. When he creates folders in Music1, for example Jazz, Classical etc, they don't show up in the Aurender App. They just won't update to the latest names. Second, this line should scroll left or right when you have more folders that can fit. It won't scroll for him, it is static, though he has multiple folders.

I was wondering if having the two hard drives Music1 and Music2 for the large capacity units that something is different. Yes, he has emailed Aurender but they have not responded. His unit is not new so no dealer support. Any help would be appreciated.

I love my Aurenders. They were my best purchases in the audio world.

Aurenders.jpg

looking forward to your N100H/ N100C comparison results.

I am also very curious how N100H works with Singxer SU-1 converter. I am going to purchase similar XMOS based converter (maybe the same Singxer model) to extend my Aurender N100H connection options. As USB to AES/EBU converter mainly. I am curious if it works without any compatibility issues (because on PC you have to install some drivers, so I am curious how it works with Aurender directly without drivers involved…).  

• 2 months later...

Still no iPhone app??

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, SuperPang said:

Anyone here using an N100H with an iPad Mini 2 by any chance? 

I'm tempted to update the firmware/app/ios to check out the new Conductor features but I'm reluctant to as everything has worked flawlessly on whatever older version I'm using.

I am using newest Conductor app on iPad mini 2, everything works fine.

• 3 months later...

Today I tested streaming Spotify on my Aurender N100H. Everything worked fine, but after while of playback Aurenders display goes black (same as if no music is playing). Front display is set to “on” while playing in the settings.  How can I set display “on” also for Spotify playback?

22 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

@Koso What system software version are you running? (go to Settings>Software Version on Aurender Conductor app to find out).

I've been using it often and not having this problem. Granted, I am using a beta version so it is possible that this issue is specific to the SW version you are running. In that case, thank you for reporting it. 

...not at home right now, but for sure I have latest up to date firmware version for N100H (checking once a week for update). Will report exact number tomorrow.

Anyway, that behavior checked several times today. At the beginning of Spotify playback display is ok (with nice green Spotify logo in it), but after timeout (guess about 3 minutes) display goes to sleep/off. When playing (most of the time) from internal hdd, everything is OK.

19 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@Koso What system software version are you running? (go to Settings>Software Version on Aurender Conductor app to find out).

I've been using it often and not having this problem. Granted, I am using a beta version so it is possible that this issue is specific to the SW version you are running. In that case, thank you for reporting it. 

I've checked sw version today and measured display timeout when going to sleep mode.

My N100H sw version is 5.18.125. Display goes to sleep exactly after 3 minutes when playing from Spotify. Spotify playback display (before sleep) and software version page screenshot from Conductor see photo attached.

6C6ED918-CA93-4AAB-9224-4DC9B2C9CB10.png

• 2 weeks later...

After I had updated Conductor app to 3.4 today, every time I am adding track to queue, my iPad mini (iPad mini 5 on latest firmware) did quite loud click/tick sound regardless of iPad volume setting. Only complete mute (silent mode) helps.

Is this normal behavior, os is it bug?

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Aurender fans, it's time to support your favorite manufactures by leaving a quick review and star rating in our new HiFi database called Polestar. 

Here is the into to what it is - https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/audiophile-style-launches-polestar-beta-r877/

Here is a link to the Polestar page where you can search for your products and leave reviews - https://audiophilestyle.com/polestar/

Great idea!

10 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

I have the exact same issue. Weird and rather annoying too.. Must be a bug in the latest app version..

See AriMargolis  post above. There is iPad settings menu (under iPad "settings" app) where you can turn it off.

1 hour ago, rwwjr44 said:

Funny, I have always had that click through 3 iPads and two Aurender units. 😁

🙂 Maybe thats because it seems to be default option hidden in iPad settings...

Just now, Vincent1234 said:

Hmm.. I've never had this myself until the latest update.. 🤔

Me too. Who knows, maybe Aurender changed default status for this option then.

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Duh! Figured it out. :mad: Slide it to the left.

Haha, I was just in the middle of replying what to do! Simple, isn't it?

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 4:02 AM, kilroy said:

I just joined the Aurender party with a N100H. It's just at 50 hours now in the break in. Humbled by all these guys with W20s and N10s. 

The Aurender replaced a custom built server which I always considered to be neutral sounding. No other system changes. 

Anyway there's no doubt this thing is on the warm side. So much so that with my Pass class A amp it's like a double whammy of warmth and darkness. Does this seem right? It's really too much and I'm looking for ways to decrease the warmth. I'm actually thinking of swapping the Pass for a more neutral amp but only if I have to. Maybe there's another solution?

Rest of system is Auralic Vega DAC, AR pre, various cables which are generally neutral sounding.

N100H is on warm side, thats true. What usb cable do you have? I've tried 5-6 decent cables until I found neutral one. (I have Siltech Anniversary usb cable now). Additional way to reduce warmth is using good anti-vibrating footers, but not soft types. Finite Elemente Ceraball (new version) worked under mine N100H exactly the way you are seeking. It is fine tuning though, but audible difference towards more neutral sound.