IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Thank you. I can see the music in the folder, but hitting albums or artists does nothing. The owners manual says that if music disappears, "please check to see that filter has not been accidentally selected (shaded black)." It also says " you can tell if a filter is activated

• 5 months later...

Hello all.  I have the N10.  By mistake, I have, several times actually, downloaded the same music more than once.  So on the N10, it shows, for example, two of track No. 1, two of No. 2, and so on.  How does one delete the redundant down load?  Thanks for your help.  MMC

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just put this question to the larger group, but meant it for the Aurender thread.  I have the N10.  I cannot get my MAC to connect to the server.  I am using the right IP address.  My son did a hard shutdown several months ago, saying there was a virus on my computer.  So now I cannot access the music 1 and 2 files.  Nor the server.  Do I need to delete the conductor app and start over, or what?  The service folks at aurender have stopped responding to my emails.  They have been very helpful in the past.  I am assuming folks are ill or an vacation or something.  Anyway, if you have a suggestion, I would appreciate it.  Thank you.  

Yes.  Many times.  It gives me the same message.  "The server may not exist or is unavailable at this time."  I have the MAC connected by hard wire the the router into which the Arender is also hard wired.  Do I need to make this connection differently?  Is that the problem?

My research indicates that the problem I am having is a MAC problem and has nothing to do with the N10.  I have also learned that it can be a bugger of a problem to solve.  I am going to have one of my beloved propeller heads from work sort it out for me.   

• 4 weeks later...

When ripping CD's, iTunes stores the album art in a different folder and so the conductor app cannot see it.  I can't figure out how to unscramble this and get the album art to show on the conductor app.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there are other apps out there for ripping and storing music, which I understand may be better than  iTunes.  I use the lossless format when using iTunes. Would anyone care to recommend some other method or app.  Would others solve this rather quirky album art issue with iTunes?  

More questions/problems.  I cannot delete iTunes.  From my research, it appears that the new Mac updates foreclose this possibility.  As luck would have, i downloaded the updates only 2 days ago, after saying "no" for years.  I down loaded "XLD" but the Mac  said it "can't be opened because it is from an identified developer."  Sourceforge does not have Apple's  blessing, it appears.  How shall I say this?  " I do not love the Apple folks at this moment."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I welcome the ASC 10.  I find the process of ripping CDs to a computer frustrating, time consuming, and the results hit-and-miss.  This largely has to do with my comparative incompetence with all things computer.  So maybe the ASC 10 is targeted to folks like me.  I appreciate that $5,500 is a lot to spend to avoid compute hassles, but I am sorely tempted anyway.  Will the ASC 10 also make digital downloads easier?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of that too.  I notice that metadata is on the first CD of some 3 CD sets, but not on the second two.  This suggests using a single folder.  But is it the case the that the album display cannot be rearranged.  Seems odd that that would be the case.

• 2 months later...