IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I have just upgraded to a Aurender N100s from an Aries. Big jump up in SQ. The Aurender mates real well with Modwright Oppo 105. I want to listen to vocals all day. Male and female they are so right. Perfect texture. Delicate high end with deep soundstage. Quality piece. I been thru the Mac Mini, Bryston BDP-1 and the Aries. This should keep me satisfied.

The reviews of the x100 are applicable to the N series but I think with the upgraded power supply the N series may have a small advantage. I have played it off of a portable 1 tb passport and it sounded excellent. I have an Amber Regen on order. If this can kick another notch that would really be a bonus.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Yea I agree with your thinking. I bought mine used at a good discount. The N100h seems to be the logical choice. Playing from cache I do not think you could tell a difference.

The Aurender is in a whole different league than the Aries. USB only but they know how to do it. The reviews from the X models sound like they could be reviews for the N series...same signature. Very relaxed but detailed. The Aries to me got a little hard in the midrange and that was running a tube DAC

I did not compare any other players in the 2500 range but I don't think you can beat it. The Lightning app was good but the Conductor just a little bit better. Tidal sounds much better also

It is so hard to quantify sound quality but if gun to my head I would say a 20% jump in sq would be a conservative number over the Aries

If folks are happy with the Aries they would be ecstatic with the Aurender and not have to worry about sq changing with every firmware upgrade.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

It has to be the Dac but in my case the Aurender X100 jump from Aries was smashing much better than 20% to say the least.

Maybe more revealing or demanding dacs like my fully upgraded dCS Debussy could tell the difference.

I also had an experience with Digibit Aria which was disappointing in sq and functioning as well ( before Aries). The only good thing with that was ripping when it actually worked.

I was trying to be nice. Lot of Aries fans on this board. I thought it actually sounded pretty good 2 firmwares ago. Great folks on their threads always helping out.

Brian, is there any guide for a DIY install for the SSD drives on to the Aurender N series? The format of the drive is NTFS or FAT32>

Thanks

There was a video on their facebook page that was taken down. Looked fairly straight forward. Took the installer about 5 minutes.

The latest app release has all the info. In setting go to disc information. The USB drive will show up. Hit the copy button and you on your way. Let us know what you think after a little break in.

Enjoy Russ

Thanks Russel,

I'll reread the release notes. I do hope Aurender release an updated manual re the one they previously produced for the S10 for example.

Any idea what "Tidal Low" means when playing tidal on Aurender?

Thanks again,

Thequietman

The low may mean the different streaming rates. You want High for loseless streaming. Low is for phones and such.

There are a couple dealers who chime in here that are much more versed than I. Heck I only got mine a couple weeks ago and still learning the app.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this recently "I have just upgraded to a Aurender N100s from an Aries. Big jump up in SQ. The Aurender mates real well with Modwright Oppo 105D. I want to listen to vocals all day. Male and female they are so right. Perfect texture. Delicate high end with deep soundstage. Quality piece. I been thru the Mac Mini, Bryston BDP-1 and the Aries. This should keep me satisfied.

The reviews of the x100 are applicable to the N series but I think with the upgraded power supply the N series may have a small advantage. I have played it off of a portable 1 tb passport and it sounded excellent. I have an Amber Regen on order. If this can kick it up a notch would really be a bonus"

The Regan certainly lives up to its billing. The Aurender has preformed flawlessly and Tidal sounds even that much better than it did with the Aries. You will not be disappointed in this Player!! Add the Regan for another climb up the ladder.

Russ

• 1 month later...
Been an owner of the N100H for the past 3 weeks and honestly this is the most I've enjoyed listening to music on my system. Great SQ. There is something special about the way the Aurender presents the music. When you are just relaxing and listening to music, the sound is balanced, with no frequency jumping out, overpowering and grabbing you attention or giving any harshness. It is just a very pleasant experience. And when you close your eyes and really listen, all the layers of details are all there as well. Best of all, no more fussing with computer. Highly recommended.

Add an Amber Regan and you will enjoy that much more. I have an N100S and it is easy to listen too. the Aurender 100 series are great players. Tidal sounds awesome also.

• 4 months later...
Thanks rwwjr44 - maybe we should ask Aurender for there time line on planned updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was an Auralic Aries user - but the SQ of the Aurender is so much better.

Pretty excited about MQA and Roon. The Roon reply was the same one I received 4 mos ago so was hoping for a little more info.

Aurender may be a little behind but I am willing to wait. I have progressed from The Bryston BDP-1, Mac Mini, Auralic Aries( Femto) to the Aurender N100S and by far the best SQ has come from the Aurender.

Hopefully we will hear a little at CES.

Happy New Year ,

Russ

• 3 months later...

Anything new on the A10? Can't wait to check it out. Could really streamline my system. Maybe something will come out at Axpona.

Thanks for the info Brian. Love Axpona, but was just at RMAF so need to skip this year. So the A10 will actually be playing? Not worried about it functioning as a pre-amp as I have the new Modwright anniversary edition coming, but if it is a great streamer-dac I will jump all over it.

Any new news on availability?

Thanks,

Russ

Was the A10 playing or just static at Axpona? Thoughts?

• 6 months later...

So the USB out can run to an outboard dac. Cool I can compare against my full blown Modwright Oppo 105d. My local dealer is breaking his A10 in. Sure would make things simple if it sounds fantastic!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I also have the W4S plugged into a Keces PS in between my N100S and Oppo Modwright. Nice bump from the Regen I had prior.

Where are the A10 owners at? Very little chatter on this piece. I could get rid of 5 pieces of equipment, not to mention interconnects ,USB cables, power supplies. Would love it to be a one box solution.

Any other ideas of a streamer( with at least 1tb storage) that supports all file types,with a great dac and a good pre section in the 5-6k range? I will check on the Lumins.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Russ

Just installed a A10 this weekend. Will have plenty of updates coming...

Ok so just a little back ground. Started about 3 years ago getting serious again about audio. Started with a Mac Mini- Eastern Electric Dac combo( not the supreme, the top one prior). Found the Mac to be to confusing and glitchy for my limited computer knowledge. Then tried a Bryston BDP-1 which reminded me of the early days of CD, kinda flat and un-involving. From there I went with an Oppo Modwright tube DAC and a top Auralic Aries Streamer. Ok... ease of use, petty good sound. The Aries would change signatures with every software upgrade. Very detailed but forward sound.

Then I checked out an Aurender N100S (Solid state internal storage drive). Yea here you go .. laid back easy to listen too.. no fatigue.

Then I heard about the A10 late last year and thought how cool it would be to have a 1 box solution, but had my doubts it could match or exceed the Modwright/N100S combo but sure would clean up the rack.

Just installed on Saturday. First tried as a stand alone directly into the Odyssey Kismet Mono Blocks. Sounds pretty good out of the box. Most folks would be very happy with the sound. I now have plugged it in to the Modwright 9.0 anniversary pre-amp and will report back as I can spend more time with it. ( early results are outstanding).

My dealer offered me a 30 day trial period and all I do is pay for return shipping if I am not happy. Cant beat that!!

Hear ya there but also has a USB out so you can hook up an external dac. I will hook this up to the Oppo Modwright so can compare the dac section. I am hoping the Pre-amp section shuts down when using the USB out.. am thinking it will.

Yes I have it playing that way now using it as a DAC/streamer into the Modwright Pre. I wondered how it would act if only using as a streamer into a separate dac. Jessie told me the analog outs are still active.

I have a bunch of stuff I no longer need, Curious USB cable w/ W4S recovery link, Keces 116 power supply, W4S Recovery, Sbooster, but can't quite figure out how to post to classifieds. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get a quick tip on reformatting the internal hard drive on the N100 ? Getting ready to sell my N100S and want to reset if the buyer does not want the files.

Thanks,

Russ

I love the A 10 but not as a standalone. Hook it up to a quality pre and you will go to another level.

• 2 weeks later...
My new Aurender N10 music server break-in is officially complete. I now have 516 hours on it. The N10 has been playing non-stop from the moment I turned it on and last night was the first time I turned N10 off. I had originally considered 300 hours as my break-in target but decided to just let it continue to play until the hours reached 500. The sound exceeds my original expectations by a wide margin. Its presentation is liquid, holistic, and real. From day one the the N10 sounded excellent but I noticed a gradual improvement in my mental connection with the music once the hours exceeded 100. From that point until last night the change in the N10's presentation has been minor. The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable. The Aurender N10 is a wonderful music server on all levels. I am beyond happy, and astonished every time the music begins to flow. Highly recommended.

"The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable"

The same can be said about the A10 . Pretty decent DAC in the player and I am coming from a Tube Modwright. The A10 sounds even more organic then my previous N100- Oppo- Modwight. set up. I will play a file of Nora Jones 24-192 sourced from a 45 lp and with the minor pops you swear you are listening to Vinyl.

I just installed 2 Synergistic black fuses in the Aurender and we are going to another level!! Highly recommended!! ( A10 and The Synergistic fuses)

Happy holidays,

Russ

31618619321_afe2f57e6d_b.jpg

"The music has a richness and three dimensional presentation that is truly remarkable"

The same can be said about the A10 . Pretty decent DAC in the player and I am coming from a Tube Modwright. The A10 sounds even more organic then my previous N100- Oppo- Modwight. set up. I will play a file of Nora Jones 24-192 sourced from a 45 lp and with the minor pops you swear you are listening to Vinyl.

I just installed 2 Synergistic black fuses in the Aurender and we are going to another level!! Highly recommended!! ( A10 and The Synergistic fuses)

russellbobby.......Very cool. I have heard other positive reports on the Aurender A10. I think Aurender has their finger on the pulse of high performance audio gear. Thanks for the comment on upgrading the fuse. I had not thought about a fuse upgrade for my N10. I am using HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses in my preamp, and power amps. I may have to follow your lead and upgrade the fuse just to see (hear) if there is a performance advantage. Appreciate that tip.

I had Hi-Fi tuning in previous equipment then switched to SR Black fuses. Big leagues VS Minor leagues. Trust me. You can buy 3 for the price of 2 right now.

They also need about 50 hrs but you will notice right out of the box. I have about 200 hrs on the Aurender. Keeps getting better and better.

I concur with russellbobby on the quality of the A10. I'm surprised. Never thought I would sell my Chord Hugo TT but I did. The A10 is now my sole source, directly into a Chord SPM 1050 power amp and I really love it. Detailled, even more than with the TT, but very musical. I would say...musical like Naim but much more refined.

I'm also very very surprised on how well the A10 fits with the Chord power amp. The pre in the A10 is well worth the one I had in the Hugo TT. Synergy is very good.

Fuses... mmmm.... what are the specs needed for the A10 please?

you need 2 slow blow 5x20 2 amp. Please double check as I am typing from memory.