IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Because all of them use essentially the same software, I see nothing wrong with doing so. Whether you're using an N100 or a W20 doesn't make much difference.

Well that's an interesting and enlightening statement! I am completely ignorant about these products, so don't consider this an impertinent question - do you know this from aurender, some independent analysis, or your own assessment?

This matters to me as i'm looking at these types of products right now. thx.

• 8 months later...

My question is based on N10 and the iPad app, but probably applies to any Aurender with an internal drive, and where one is using a NAS for external files.

If a USB HDD is plugged into a rear USB port on the N10, there is a provision in the iPad App to automatically upload the contents of the USB drive onto the Aurender

drives.

Is there some way to auto-upload the contents of a NAS, or is it only

"drop and drag"?

The AMM scan apparently reads the files on the NAS but the files continue to reside on the NAS, so that is NOT my question.

The question is whether there's a way to transfer NAS files to the N10 other than

drop and drag.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

For those with experience with AMM & the Hardrive on the Aurender (such as the N10).

Let's say that AMM has been used to scan a NAS and now all albums are seen in the App.

Now, let's say that we want to copy ( not move) files / albums from the NAS to the Aurender N10 Drives.

AND avoid duplicates.

How do you eliminate the items that AMM has scanned from the NAS?

Taken to the extreme - let's say we want the entire NAS library copied to the N10

and we won't be scanning the NAS anymore with the AMM.

How does one eliminate the albums that are already captured by the AMM?

( without moving/deleting/wiping them from the NAS)

I've played around a bit without finding a solution; doesn't seem to be on any of the threads; can't find a citation in the aurender materials. I may have missed it, and if so, please point me in the right direction, or any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

thx.

If you delete the share associated with the NAS and rescan, AMM will not pick up any albums except for those on the internal drive..

I take it you don't have or use AMM - if you don't select a Share, (or if you delete the one used) AMM just sits until you select something. and in the meantime, all previously indexed albums remain in the Controller App.

In the app you can do a clean scan. Maybe if you delete the share and do a clean scan that will wipe out any references to the NAS.

ok, but it sounds like you don't really know for sure, and the description of clean scan

only says it erases metadata.

Has anyone actually tried this?

In the app you can do a clean scan. Maybe if you delete the share and do a clean scan that will wipe out any references to the NAS.

This works. Thank you. I decided to experiment - the NAS needs to be "disconnected" from the Conductor app, then run the clean scan. There appears to be no way to do this through the AMM.

RE:

I am not sure why people don't start by asking the manufacturer instead of other users? That's what I do.
It is often quicker from other users.

Definitely.... and some equipment makers are notoriously unresponsive or so cryptic in their response as to be of no help.

• 1 month later...
you should not be losing power twice a day to the extent that it causes the Aurender, or any other equipment, to turn off and then restart. If your audio gear is constantly turning off and on with the Furman, then this is not "great" for any of your gear. You have a problem somewhere if your AC is fluctuating this much.

+1 esp about gear going on and off...

I would suggest - take the Furman out of the system until you know it's not the culprit.

Here is an experience I had - it may or may not be relevant, but if it is, then you will want to get the Furman checked.

I have both a PSAudio Quintet and Dectet.

The Dectet would trigger system shutdowns for items plugged into it on occasion.

But this did not happen with the Quintet with other equipment plugged into Quintet. Based on a call to PSAudio it seems the Dectet is more sensitive to line fluctuations. While the power didn't go off, the fluctuations were enough to trigger the Dectet.

FWIW/YMMV

• 6 months later...

I've posted this under the article section dealing with the W20 review written a couple years ago, and am posting here in case more will see it and have some suggestions:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by pga viewpost-right.png

Chris, just set up the W20 with a Berkeley RS via AES. The sound is fantastic. But I'm having difficulty figuring out how to set up a Synology to back up automatically. Can you walk me through how you did it?

I have the same question.

From the article there is the statement:

"From my Synology DS1812+ I set the File Manager to connect to the W20 HDD1 and HDD2 drives and check the box to automatically reconnect upon reboot of the NAS. Once connected the W20 drives appear just like local folders on the NAS. I then setup a backup task that copies all music on both W20 hard drives to a folder on the Synology NAS."

I've played around with this and: 1) don't have a "File Manager" on my Synology, so maybe the name has changed since 2012; and 2) cannot a find a similar function that does this.

Any suggestions anybody?