IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hi just got an Aurender N100H - very pleased with the sound quality, Tidal Conductor etc, but having an issue. I set up the Aurender as a network drive on my Windows PC it worked straight off but I am now getting a message to say it's not accessible: I tried going in manually using the IP address of the Aurender but same result, access denied...

I realise this could be a setting on my PC but all my other network drives are accessible and I just wondered if anyone had had the issue and a possible solution. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have an N100H: I would like to attach a USB drive to it - it's not clear to me however whether I can attach and play different drives - i.e. Plug one in, play, Remove, plug in another and play.

As these are temporary solutions I don't need to run AMM but it would be interesting to know if this can be run on different drives.

thanks for your help

Ok so I'm going to be exhibiting at a hi fi show in the UK where amateurs set up their systems - 'The Wam Show'. I am sharing the honours with another guy and Id like to use the Aurender N100H as the source.

Ahead of the event I plan to add my own music and create playlists on the internal hard drive.

I'd also however like to be able to load my co-exhibitor's playlists/music onto the N100 when I get to the show. Is my only option to ask him to bring his music on an HDD and plug it into the N100H? Or is there any way of loading music onto the internal hard drive without going via my PC at home? NB there is no Ethernet connection available in the room at the venue.

thanks for any help and/or suggestions

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi out of the blue my N100H has lost connection. Front panel status says it has no IP address.

My desktop cannot see the N100H, so I assume it isn't connected – I have rebooted the router and power cycled the N100H but still no IP address. I have disconnected all network cables and reconnected. The status on the information panel shows IP address N/A and that it is connected to the LAN and internet. All my other external drives are connected and visible on the desktop.

I downloaded Fing on my iPad - the N100H does not show on the list of connections.

I have emailed Aurender but wondered if anyone had any ideas on what is causing the problem and how I might resolve it.

thank you

Hi out of the blue my N100H has lost connection. Front panel status says it has no IP address.

My desktop cannot see the N100H, so I assume it isn't connected – I have rebooted the router and power cycled the N100H but still no IP address. I have disconnected all network cables and reconnected. The status on the information panel shows IP address N/A and that it is connected to the LAN and internet. All my other external drives are connected and visible on the desktop.

I downloaded Fing on my iPad - the N100H does not show on the list of connections.

I have emailed Aurender but wondered if anyone had any ideas on what is causing the problem and how I might resolve it.

thank you

OK resolved - having spent a whole morning re-booting, power cycling, shutting everything down, checking manuals, resetting powerlines I eventually replaced the router with an old one and that solved it - the router seemed to have gone haywire and was not giving out IP addresses and then I started to get password/authentication requests on my iPad just to get into the BBC website! Scary.

But happy that I have my music back :)

• 5 months later...

I'm not entirely happy with the Aurender software/Conductor app and I'll wager they're not either:  it's occasionally temperamental and quite complex. I want certainty, absolute rock solid certainty with my music playing and my hard earned investment in said.   I wish it had an Apple- or Roon-like simplicity.  

The hardware and SQ is a joy though. 

11 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Help!!

So, I've been kinda busy since the most recent upgrade and just finally had some time to sit down and work through all the multiple disc albums and other albums that are now not scanning via conductor with the new update and just discovered that my Windows Desktop lost its network connection (via a mapped network drive) to the Aurender!!

I've tried everything within my technical capabilities (which is some what limited compared to most on this forum!) and I can't seem to reconnect to the Aurender!!

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

I deleted the existing mapped network drive which lost connection, and tried about 30 times via a few different ways to establish a new network connection to the Aurender :(

I was able to get to the point where I can enter user name and password of Aurender via network center in windows, but keep getting an error message (something like no existing network folder or check spelling , etc )???

I did send a support request to Aurender, but they usually take a while to get back to me. 

Thanks for any help or advice!!

Hi can you see the Aurender when you try to map it?

I had an issue where the Aurender lost IP address and I had no end of problems trying to get the router to pick it up.

In the end I turned everything off and I mean everything.  I updated the router software and I factory reset the Netgear powerlines.  I then turned everything back on starting with the ISP router and finally the PC and NAS drives. I finally power cycled the Aurender.   Once I had the Aurender back connected and could find it on the PC I then mapped it onto a new network drive.  

Seems like there is nothing new for the UK*;  not sure of the point to this upgrade? I'll check on the website...

*could of course be to do with the fact we have relegated ourselves to being a third world island nation ;) 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Mazza said:

I agree with you, I have the fortune to have a W20 which I got ex-demo for the price of an N10. When A/B’ing the two at the dealer, yes you could hear differences but they were subtle and to be honest unless you were A/B’ing you’d struggle to find them. That is not to say one is better than the other necessarily but that they do sound different and you’d probably prefer one’s sound signature over the others. Most of those differences might even be psychological because you ‘expect’ the more expensive kit to sound better and so, as you say, you exaggerate the differences to yourself. Certainly I would have been more than satisfied with an N10 if I hadn’t A/B’ed with the W20. If I hadn’t got the W20 for the price of an N10, then for me,  there is no way it is worth the difference in price.

Personally, I don’t think the aural memory is as reliable as we audiophiles make out and we do exaggerate what we “hear” to justify a decision we have made. 

For me, the statement that kit improves “after a period of burn in” that is so often cited in reviews is something we physiologically do to cover buyer’s remorse (did I really need to upgrade?), buyer’s pride (I am really glad I upgraded) or buyer’s disappointment (perhaps it will improve after ‘burn in’). When you get into the heady heights of true high end audio,  it is more likely your head is getting used to the newer sound (speakers excepted)

So enjoy the N100H, and be smug in the thought that you have probably got yourself an audio bargain with nigh-on the same performance of the more expensive kit ....... that is! until that upgrade ear worm starts nagging at you!

Great post, couldn't have put it better myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

just updated the software on N100H: when it restarted, no sound.  Conductor app is connected and screen on unit shows music is steaming.  It was playing fine before the update, but to make sure I have checked all cables, checked mute buttons, restarted the unit several times but still no sound.    I have sent an email to Aurender, but very strange and if anyone has any similar issues with the update let me know.

Sorted: but I have no idea what was causing the problem.   Was trying to set up an alternative DAC, disconnected input cables and other cables and out of the blue sound signal started passing through the system. Bizarre.

This is our hobby I guess ;) 

Turned N100H on today and ... no music.

So, back to the drawing board and I hope to get some sort of reply from Aurender soon. 

Trying everything, including swapping out the DAC to see if that is the issue. 

Frustrating.