IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Hi Ponzi,

If you are using Windows, press Windows + R and type in your N10's IP address with the \\ as per instructions in the manual. For Mac users, follow manual instructions accordingly.

In the Music folder that then appears in a window, look for the duplicate tracks in the particular album subfolder and delete accordingly. 

Hope this helps. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, agladstone said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

Hi agladstone,

Hope you have sorted out the issues with the update before I do likewise. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JS21 said:

Is the Aurender app still buggy on iOS 11? 

Still on 10.3 on my iPad but am thinking about updating.

A few cliches to sum up the current situation :-

1. (Has Aurender addressed) the elephant in the room?

2. (Anyone else dare to) take the bull by the horns?

3. Never start something you can't finish - one can't roll back iOS11.

Looks like we just have to keep waiting for answers.......

Jon

Just now, dminches said:

I am running 11.0.3 with no issues.

Anyone else with NO issues?

Jon

9 minutes ago, coot said:

Still on 9.5. No issues.  :>)

9.5? Good for you.  :)

Jon

7 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Yes, no issues at all here.

JC

Tally so far with respect to iOS11 is 3 with issues, 2 without.  Let's hear more from others.  

Jon

The responses so far indicate that the iOS11 have issues more with the N100, rather than with N10/W20. 

Jon

13 minutes ago, markrubin said:

my A10 seems to work OK with IOS 11.0.3

Update : The responses so far indicate that the iOS11 have issues more with the N100h, rather than with A10/N10/W20.

Jon

2 minutes ago, NordicBob said:

Since upgrading to iOS 11.0.3, my N10 is still occasionally freezing   Hitting the home button and starting again solves the problem, but it’s an annoyance.  Never any issues before my iOS upgrade. 

So there are still issues with the N10.

Jon

13 minutes ago, srms said:

There are other issues with iOS 11. My iPad wouldn't update any apps from the apps store until the last bug fix in 11.0.3. Aurender app still gets the spinning wheel of death and has to be closed and opened again (but not completely restarted) So whatever Apple changed has caused issues. I wouldn't update if you still have 10. something,  because you can't go back. 

Thanks for the update and advice. Definitely safer to wait and see before upgrading to iOS11. 

Jon

4 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I have an. 100H and since upgrading to iOS 11 it’s been very buggy!! Lots of freezes and long pauses, I have to constantly quit the conductor app and then reopen it. 

I would say that you’re best off staying in 10.x for now, I wish that I never updated! 

This is the clearest statement to date.  Many thanks!

Jon

8 minutes ago, agladstone said:

I think it’s more of an Apple issue than Aurender, overall the iOS11 updates for the iPads have been very buggy all around, not only with Conducter. 

The iOS 11.x for the iPhone seems more stable than on the iPad. 

It certainly looks so but does Aurender have to inform and work with Apple on this? It looks like Aurender can't sit on this while their product users suffer. It is unlikely that Apple being the giant that it is would care. Aurender may just have to work around iOS11.

Jon

33 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Apple can't possibly test millions of apps, so of course it's the responsibility of the app developer to test their own app using beta-releases of iOS well in advance of release to market. I quote myself from a couple of weeks back:

Many thanks for this very useful and helpful reminder. We will have to wait for Aurender for answers......

Jon

3 hours ago, Morten said:

After the app update yesterday I haven’t had any issues, I am on IOS 11.0.3

Am I the only one?

Are you using N100h, A10, N10 or W20?

Jon

On 22/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, Morten said:

Hallo, it freezes for me from time to time, if I hit the home bottom and press the icon to start it again it usually works.

Takes 5 seconds, but still annoying, my N100H is around 2 years old and this is the first time I have issues with it.

Kind regards Morten

Was this about the same issue you posted regarding iOS11? 

My previous question about which model you are using can be ignored. 

Jon

1 hour ago, Morten said:

Yes Jon, there was a update to the Conductor app two days ago, after the update all appears to be working.

Kind regards

Morten

Thanks, Morten. This is encouraging news.  Let's wait to hear from other N100h owners.   

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Took the bull by the horns 2 days ago and upgraded my iPad's iOS which is now 11.1, bypassing 11.0.3 altogether.

It has been working perfectly with my N100h/Conductor app since. The Conductor app was deleted before the iOS upgrade and then downloaded again after the upgrade.

So no issues with N100h/Conductor/iOS 11.1.

NB : My N100h firmware is still the factory version, having rolled it back after experiencing issues with my dac shortly after purchasing the N100h in May this year.

I am a happy camper right now with the Conductor app. :) 

Jon

Just to share another weekend experiment of mine.

Since upgrading my iPad to iOS  11.1 and with the Conductor working so well with it, I thought I should revisit upgrading my N100H firmware to the latest version, hoping that the old bugs with my dac may just have been ironed out. 

Sadly, the SQ suffers yet again with the latest firmware. So I did a factory reset and the glory and magic all came rolling back.

There is just more there there with the factory reset - more meat on the bones, more solid bass, airier highs, more open soundstage, sharper transients, better timing and rhythm, simply more musical overall.

This is frustrating only in terms of not being able to explain it. I have to emphasise that this icould be unique only to the Esoteric N-05 dac.

However, being able to just do a factory reset and reexperience the superlative magic that the N100H brings to my system is very delightful indeed.  :)

Jon

• 1 month later...

“Filters don’t work on any component playing MQA.”

I just downloaded the latest version of the Conductor app which announces that the A10 filters are back. I don’t have an A10 but am just wondering how this works out for A10 owners.

Jon

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe this is a condition of MQA certification. 

Aurender has a waiver for this condition now that the A10 filters are back in the latest 2.9.1 version?

That the A10 filters are back is at the top of the feature list for this update in the Apple App store.

The website has not yet announced this 2.9.1 version but explains the elimination of the filters for the previous 2.8.8 version released in Oct 2017.

http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-software-release-note-4/post/app-2-8-8-152

Jon

"However, the A10's misapplication of the MQA reconstruction filter to non-MQA files stored on its internal drive means we must withhold a full recommendation for the A10 until this problem has been corrected."

(https://www.stereophile.com/content/aurender-a10-network-music-playerserver#hL5VAePWzeKRuDAF.99)

Sound quality aside, I have always suspected that MQA dac's may mess up non-MQA files and JA's technical analysis here demonstrates this well.

It would follow then that the A10 would sound much better with MQA files than with PCM/DSD.

We can wait for A10 owners in this thread to weigh in on such a comparison. I belong to the camp where we should trust our own ears more than technical analyses.

Jon

Further clarification from JA's measurements of the A10 :-

"It looks as if the MQA filter is being applied to conventionally encoded PCM files when they are stored internally, but not when the A10 is decoding the same data via its S/PDIF input. Something was very wrong......

.....I repeated all of this testing using data sourced from the NAS drive on my network. Again, regardless of which filter was being selected with the Conductor app, the MQA filter was being incorrectly applied to non-MQA data."

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yippedidou said:

I see mine aren't active as well even if I have the most recent update of the app. I've opened a ticket with Aurender. We'll see what they say...

This appears to confirm a previous post by CA that filters are not compatible with any MQA component.

MQA may just have reminded Aurender of their conditions for certification. 

Jon

3 hours ago, Yippedidou said:

Eric’s reply: To enable filter, you need to turn off Up sample option. They’re active now.

If Aurender actually did get a waiver for certification from MQA, it seems to be the first or the first of a few.

Looks like MQA may have acquiesced to pressure from manufacturers.

This brings up the next question - can the filters be applied to MQA files or only to non-MQA files?

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

I did mine in batches. Didn't dare risk getting the whole collection stopped in its tracks by a power outage and starting all over again. No copy errors as none of the batch transfers were interrupted. 

Jon