IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

A10 in the house !

just fired up my new A10: beautiful unit...and with a remote control

it outputs audio from the USB DAC port and the analog ports at the same time

it has a lighted ring around the volume control that gives feedback by flashing/changing color as commands are received: when you change volume, the display briefly changes to a volume screen

so far so good

I am happy for you that you enjoy your new toy ;-)

I will be very interested to know if someone has compared the SQ of the A10 with the LUMIN A1 or S1 ?

• 2 weeks later...
So the USB out can run to an outboard dac. Cool I can compare against my full blown Modwright Oppo 105d. My local dealer is breaking his A10 in. Sure would make things simple if it sounds fantastic!!!

This will be a very very interesting comparaison.

IF the A10's internal DAC is at the level of some TOL external USB DACs, then this will make our life easier with a very convenient "1 box" solution to avoid the choice and the purchase of digital connectors and external USB DACs.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all. First post here. I had a X100L for the past 2 years, sold it last week. Loved it but I now need something with a dac and balanced outputs. So I'm looking closely at the A10 but I can't find any reviews or comments on its performance, especially the dac part. Why is that? Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks in advance for the replies

I will also be VERY interested to know how well the A10's Internal DAC compares with TOL external DACs.

Me, I already have a pretty good dac, Chord Hugo TT in my 2 channel set up and I will be able to compare the two dacs when the A10 gets here. If the A10 is as good as the TT (which I would be really be surprised), i'll be able to use the A10 as a one box solution with my 2 ch. and my HP set up. If not, the TT will stay as the dac for my 2 channel feeded by the A10 and I'll use the dac of the A10 for my headphone set up. My only solution since both set ups require balanced outputs and my TT only has one balanced output.

Can't wait to read your comments russelbobby. But my mind is pretty much set on the A10.

This comparaison with the TT will be very interesting. I indeed have today a HUGO as a DAC and also I will be more than interested to finally find a very good " 1 box solution ". But of course this is possible only if the DAC inside the A10 is top quality and top musicality (I find the HUGO (and the DAVE that I tried several time) very precise but...boring. At least with my STAX Set-up).

Congrats on your new A10.

I recently heard one A10 and couldn't believe the level of performance as a dac or complete source system. With an A to B and back to A the Aurender A10 "killed" a dCS Debussy and a T+A dac 8-DSD hands down.....

That is a very strong statement !

Yesterday I compared the dCS Rossini against the NAGRA HD DAC, booth feed by an Aurender, and the NAGRA DAC Is so much (to my taste) better that I am almost about to order the NAGRA. It bring saoul and spirit in my music that I do not get with other DACS !

But... If you say that the A10 "kill" the Debussy, then I should try it. This solution will save me a LOT of money and will make my system much simpler with this 1 box solution (I hate câbles :-)

Could le you tell us in more details what you liked in the A10's DAC sound ? Warm ? Precise ? ...

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really have a hard time to understand what the new Aurender ACS10 is ! ? is it only a Music server, which need another player (another aurender connected to it) or does it includes also a player and therefore is equivalent to any other Aurender + a CD ripper ??

Thanks. 

- I am happy that you like the Rossini + W20.  I still need to make a new audition of the Rossini before purchase. Indeed, few years ago I listened carefully to the Rossini and found it too analytical to my taste and much less musical than the NAGRA HD DAC, but this was with a Firmware that has I guess has been improved since, and without the clock. -->  has the Rossini gained musicality since ?  

- I think you also will soon review the ACS10...which is a strange animal to my eyes ? is it correct ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a new DAC that I can deeply recommend: a Denafrips Terminator R2R.  It is super musical and transparent. A bargain !

10158978.jpeg

So now I need a new server: I am tempted by a W20 but... are there any (serious) infos about a successor to the W20... which is +5 years old now (an eternity in the digital world) ? 

I will be very annoyed to buy a W20 and hear few months later that it has been replaced  !  ( I know what you think: this stupid logic brings to always postpone purchase.. :-)

One of the reason I am considering to buy an Aurender W20, is to take advantage of it's Dual-wire AES/EBU mode since my DAC also has 2 AES/EBU connectors.

--> Does someone has already experienced this mode Dual-wire AES/EBU mode ? does it sound better than USB ?

PS : Let me know if you see FS a 2nd Hand Black Aurender W20 ? 

I was tempted by the W20, but I discovered that the 2 AES connectors of my DAC do not support dual mode AES/EBU. And also my DAC  does not have Clock input.  

So, I wonder if, without use of the dual mode AES/EBU and the Clock input, the W20 still offer an advantage over the N10, or if, with my DAC configuration, will the N10 will sound as good as the W20

The N10 is indeed much more recent than the W20 that is quite aging now...

I am still hesitating between an Aurender and a ROON based server. I not a ROON super-fan, and therefore ready to accept that Aurender's Conductor app is a very vialable alternative. 

IMO, The ONLY MISSING FEATURE of the Conductor app, compared to ROON (and Deezer), is the ability to READ THE LYRICS of the songs played. 

If this was implemented in the Conductor app, then I will be 100% sold to Aurender.

--> are there any rumors/news about Aurender implementing "lyrics" in a futur Firmware or Conductor' version ?

Aurender used as... a NAS ?

I have a question:  while I will have my Aurender connected to my DAC for HiFi listening, can my home SONOS system also use the Aurender to play another music from the Aurender HD ( the SONOS will need to see the Aurender as a NAS and have access to his HD) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Aurender W20's battery replacement:

I am proposed a 3 years old W20. My main fear is that the batteries will soon have to be replaced, and what is the cost (and the possibility) to replace them.

So... I wonder what is the expected battery life of the W20’s batteries and the replacement cost when it will be needed.

Also, is there a way to know the Battery’s condition (like a monitor/gauge/warning in the conductor app)

Thanks for the advices

6 hours ago, Custodian said:

I think w20 makes a lot of sense. Basic sound quality is significantly better. I would recommend spdif 75ohm in preference to dual ABS/EBU in any case.

Interesting... you are the second personn that tell me that SPDIF 75 ohm is prefered to AES 110 ohms !

Can you tell me exactly what spdif cable are you using.

thanks