IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Or how about a 0TB version with just the SSD for music files on a NAS?

I think I might jump at the option to roll my own storage also. I think the market seems to be demanding a more integrated solution. Maybe I am shortsighted but I am putting a lot of confidence in the reliability of one box - don't get me wrong it's a great product.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Shout out and thanks to those posting here for the guidance as you can now count me with the N100H owners.  I appreciate the information and the reviews on this thread.  I have long been over due to retire my 2012 Mac Mini / A+ combo, although Audirvana has really served me well.  I have known for a long time that I needed to move to a purpose built machine with a lower noise floor and no concern for transition between OS versions.  So now we sit in my home office loading files.....

@rwwjr44 thanks for the reply.  I take your reply to mean that to create a grouping or mini library of "Favorite" albums, just make each one of those albums its own playlist.  Let me know if I interpreted that correctly.

IMG_3481.JPG

@Quadiffusor HK I think that I would probably agree with you on having the ability to favorite entire albums, but I would speculate that the reason it does not work this way has to deal with the database structure.  I went about setting up a subgroup of favorites as suggested by Ari, and it worked out giving me the sub-group that I desired.  Removing that last "star" if you want to un-rank a song is indeed pretty tricky in the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Having trouble with the Aurender App removing the star rating from a track.  Following the directions here, and having no trouble flipping between any particular star rating, but getting from one star to no stars is.......tricky.  Any suggestions or tips?

http://support.aurender.com/remove-star-rating.html

After a lot of tries, I think I found a repeatable tip to help others.  It seems like there is 1/4 of a star barely to the left of the first star.  If you aim for that invisible star instead of pressing directly on the star, you can flip the first star off.

15 hours ago, Mazza said:

@Booster MPS you raise some valid points. However there must be something else going on in the background because the promised update is taking sooo long to appear. It can’t just be about resources, a major update of a piece of software, especially on a closed system like the Aurender is relatively simple and is capable of being done in a matter of months by a pretty small team. Much of the original software should be able to be reused if written and documented properly. I wonder this is part of the problem or if it is truly about lack of resource and or low priority 

Ah I see where you are coming from.  I was more so addressing the mention of adding on the request to rate entire albums rather than individual tracks to the forthcoming release mentioned by the owner above.  Given that the process for the release was said to be forthcoming, tacking on another user ask probably would be unlikely.  Ari mentioned in June that the request was "noted and recorded."  @Mazza I will go back and see when the first mention of the new app hit the press.  Seems like I saw something in Beta teased on Audiostream around .....April maybe?  March?

• 3 weeks later...

A question on back up compatibility.  I am backing up my Aurender via my Macbook Pro using Sync Folders Pro to an external pair of WD Hard Drives.  I have a cloud plan also but will save that for another day.  I first need to reformat the drive that will hold the clone.

What is the best format to use for the back up drive?  Should I reformat to Apple File System (APFS) or Mac OS Extended.  I think the right answer is the former.  Just want to make sure that there is no compatibility issue.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...