IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

The consume function on my N10 is no longer working. I've toggled consume off then back on, but that does not help. I have the latest software version . Any ideas how to get "consume" working again? Thanks.

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

Brian. Thanks for the suggestion. I just sent a remote suport request to Aurender.

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

• 8 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 10:33 AM, jdandy said:

Still love my Aurender N10, even more now that I am using the DAC in my new Esoteric K-01X.  This combination is exceptional.

32830204585_b537c2e6ce_z.jpg

Dan,

Great to see you here, and that you enjoy your N10 as much as I do mine with my Ayre QX-5 DAC. 

Bob

My DAC also displays 44.1/24. According to the Shoutcast website, the highest bitrate is 320 MP3. 

• 2 months later...

My dealer uses 

26 minutes ago, dminches said:

Does anyone use the Conductor app on an iPad mini?  Is it large enough?

My Aurender dealer uses ani iPad mini with their Aurender.  I find it very adequate and don't find that it is a compromise in any way to the iPad that I use with my system at home. To the Mini's advantage, I like its lighter more portable feel.   

• 1 month later...

SEARCH PROBLEM

I own an Aurender N10.  I am no longer to do a search after I've done one search successfully on my iPad unless I go off the Conductor app and then go back on.  At that point,  I am able to do one more search sucessfully, but no more unless I go off the app once again and go back on again.  Although I can't be sure,  this problem appeared to start after the last software update.  

I have uninstalled the the Conductor app off my iPad and then reinstalled it, but that I didn't help.  

Do any other Aurender owners have this problem and if so, we're you able to resolve this issue?  Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2017 at 3:43 AM, agladstone said:

I upgraded to iOS 11 and I’ve been experiencing some issues. Little quirky bug type issues and also a lot of freeze ups and the need to exit out and restart. 

Im not sure about others here, but I’ve continually also noticed big issues with the Wikipedia links to album and artist info (typically only works about 20% of the time, otherwise it just pulls up a completely blank white screen). 

Another issue I’ve noticed since inception that bugs me (pun intended), is that any DSD album I have that is either in .DFF format (vs. .DSF), Any DXD Album, or any DSD album that is DSD 128 does not show up within the Conductor app whatsoever in “normal mode”. 

I’ve discovered a work around, which is to use the Folder view (they do show up there), and then to replace queue with it and then save the album as a playlist, but it’s still really annoying. 

I have a large music collection and when I pull up an artist for example and the DSD 128 and/ or DFF albums for that artist are missing, I typically forget that I have a few of these for that artist that I need to go finder under folder view. 

I’ll send tech support this information now to let them know about these issues, I’ve not yet notified them about these things. 

Interesting, as I’ve had a couple of very recent freeze ups where I’ve had to exit out of the Conductor app and go back in again.  I recently upgraded to iOS 11, but didnt even think of the connection of the upgrade as a possible cause until I read your post.  I did think of these freeze ups as a little strange as I’ve never had any until recently, and now come to think of it, these were after upgrading to iOS 11.  I’ll keep a watch on this to see if I have more incidents.  

• 2 weeks later...

Since upgrading to iOS 11.0.3, my N10 is still occasionally freezing   Hitting the home button and starting again solves the problem, but it’s an annoyance.  Never any issues before my iOS upgrade. 

• 4 months later...

I haven’t compared any of the models, but my dealer told me that the N10 was the sweet spot in the Aurender lineup so I took his word on it  and bought the N10.  

On 3/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, Vincent1234 said:

I agree that the N10 is great. However in my setup the W20 was a very big step up indeed and much more so than I expected. Much more analogue sounding, more quietness and blackness during soft or quiet passages, leading to more microdetails, more sound, detail and better soundstaging. Of course all will depend on the quality of ones own system.

Although my N10 sounds wonderful, I think that I might ask my dealer if I can home audition a W20 to see for myself how much better it sounds in my system. 

On 3/23/2018 at 9:37 AM, Vincent1234 said:

Let us know how it works out for you! ?

I wil be sure to do so.  Before auditioning W20 I have to convince my wife firstB|

3 hours ago, michaelD said:

So for all the W20 owners.  If you can’t take advantage of the dual XLR connection or the world clock does it sonically make enough difference to move to the W20 over the N10?  I don’t think so but I have never compared the two.  Also assume the system has enough resolution to hear the difference if there is any.  

One really needs to audition both the N10 and W20 in their own systems using their own ears to determine if the W20 would be that much better sonically  than the N10. Just my 2 cents on this issue 

10 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

Absolutely! See my earlier posts. I'm using a top-spec USB cable and the W20 sounds way better than the N10 did through the same USB cable.

May I ask which USB cable that you are using to compare the N10 vs the W20?  Thanks and most appreciated.

10 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Of course you are fully right. That goes for each and every component in your system, so a very expensive one as the W20 is no exception by any means. It all comes down to synergy. But in a high-spec system it literally took me 5 seconds (in a piece of Arvo Pärt) to be stunned by the improvement compared to my N10. I'm not exaggerating.

I bet that I will have the same reaction that you have to the W20.  When I find something significantly better, it doesn’t take me long to discern the difference.  Yes, 5-10 seconds is all that it takes.  I’m anxious to audition one.

10 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Sure you may. I'm using a Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus (mono crystal silver) USB cable. I auditioned it after an advice from one of my audio buddies. It's very expensive, but the improvements it brings are stunning. It's been one of the best investments in audio for me. 

Thanks.  I’ve heard great things about the Crystal cable.  I’m presently using an Synergistic  Research Galileo USB cable which I find excellent too.  When my dealer brought the demo SR Galileo  cable out to my home, I was using an Audioquest Carbon USB.  The SR Galileo was so much better that I noticed it immediately and didn’t  want to remove it, but I had to since it was the demo which  my dealer needed back before he left.  The good news is that I got my own Galileo in a couple of days.  There was  going back to the Audioqust once that I heard the Galileo.  The interesting part was that until I heard the difference in these 2 cables myself, I was skeptical that there would be much of a difference, if any at all.  Hearing is believing.  

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

If you do streaming, yes. BUT if you love to listen to your own vast library, it won't mean anything. I fall into the latter category and may be in the minority here. :) 

I’m in the same camp that you’re in.  I could care less about streaming on my Aurender. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Me too ?

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Stiv said:

Was wondering.  I have an Aurender N10 and and an Ayre Q5 20 Dac.  Anyone have this combo and of so, anyone tried out the digital connections to figure which they prefer? USB, spdif or Aes/ebu? 

I have both an Aurender N10 and Ayre QX-5.  I hear little difference among the various  inputs that I’m using (BNC, USB, XLR) with the the QX-5. My cables for my Aurender N10 to QX-5 include a DH Labs BNC D-750, D110 XLR, or Mirage USB, and far more expensive Synergistic Research Galileo USB. I’m using a DH Labs D-110  XLR or either the USBs mentioned above between my PS Audio DirectStream DAC  and Aurender.  To my ears it appears the the clock in both the N10 and QX-5 are both good.   I hear a much bigger difference between both of my DACs than with the various inputs of either DAC. 

As as mentioned above, the only way to know what works best for you is to try the different connections between your Aurender and the QX-5. 

48 minutes ago, Stiv said:

Wow. When I used the SPIDF after the USB  it was like a gear upgrade. So much better. I read Ayre spent lots of time getting the SPDIF right, jitter-free. Charles Hansen said in some interview it is the best-sounding inpu on the DAc. Makes sense. System sounds so much better. Waiting for a good AES cable and will try that soon. Spent a  small fortune on the Kubala emotion USB cable and I remember how much better that sounded than the old blue heaven usb cable I had on before that. Funny. 

I take it that you have both an N10 and QX-5 and  also auditioned the DH Lab cables?  I’ve also listened to The QX-5 interview on AudioStream and know that Ayre has a great clock in the QX-5.  However, so does the Aurender.  

I’m just reporting on what I hear in my system which I consider pretty resolving.  I also have an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable that compared my Synergistic Research Galileo  which was deinitly inferior.  I have some pretty expensive cables and power cords with which I do hear a difference, but as I’ve learned learned along time ago that price of a cable doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s better sounding in a particular system and it’s both  system and listener dependent. 

@Stiv

BTW, i forgot to mention that my local dealer carries both Ayre and Aurender and knows both products very well.  With the N10 and QX-5, they came the opposite conclusion that you did.  

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

How would one know if one has not heard Noushy's system? The problem with opinionated critics giving critical opinions without even a listen.....I rest my case.

+1 

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, SirAtilla said:

yes looks great.  On my 12.9" iPad Pro I can see significantly more albums than before which is also nice.  The ability to protect (aka backup) your ratings and playlists is also a nice edition.

IMG_0468.jpg

I’m still trying to get used to this look as I’m so used to the old one, but I think that I’m coming around.  Of the 3:different themes, I like the dark best.  

1 hour ago, JS21 said:

Same here, don’t really care for the light or warm themes. 

I do like the more 3D shadows on the buttons, of the older one as this looks a bit flat to me. Yes, I know, I’m never happy but thank you Aurender for the update. 

I thought that I was missing something and I bet that could be it regarding the 3D shadows. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Stiv said:

MyN-10 began doing the same thing after the latest update. I’m using an Ayre DAC. 

I also have an Ayre DAC (QX-5).  I’m not going do the update until Aurender straightens things out.