IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, SirAtilla said:

Interesting new software update for most Aurender enabling MQA unfolding in the Aurender via a $49.99 license.  Quite a few other fixes as well with the new firmware.

See http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-software-release-note-4/post/system-sw-4-5-11-36-app-2-9-3-93-189

That link shows a price of $54.99 for the MQA core decoder license.  Surprisingly expensive.

The big news to me about the new release is:

Support for Merging Technology NADAC and RAVENNA compatible DAC.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Charging for MQA is kind of cool because it enables those who are against the technology to not pay for it. 

I'd love to know what percentage of customers with eligible Aurender devices actually pays for it.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

10 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

This is exactly what I am afraid of. 

Have a look at this post

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30381-mqa-is-vaporware/?do=findComment&comment=767945

Deleted

I'm surprised by the number of people who are willing to pay for MQA core decoding on Aurender.  I don't know of any other manufacturer that has explicitly charged a separate fee for it.

10 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

I will stay far, far away from the MQA download thanks to rickca's link above. 

Well, this post seems to imply that perhaps the problem has been resolved.  You probably should double check with Aurender.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/23093-the-quotofficialquot-aurender-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=791519

• 10 months later...
7 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

I can say that there is a really exciting aesthetic overhaul (new skins) which will be ready for universal for release very soon

So something other than brown after all these years?

8 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Sounds a little like a Paul Simon song?! Or was that the Garfunkle version? :) 

Anyway...YES! It's true.

Yes, I was thinking about Still Crazy After All These Years.  Well this is a good decision.  I could never get past your GUI.

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.

It took them years just to do a GUI that wasn't brown.  So good luck.