IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Yes it does take a long time to breake inn. I have removed the Regen some weeks ago, I don't miss it, I think it sounds more natural without it, I am told that you need a LPS for the Regen to really shine...

Kind Regards Morten

I auditioned Regen with Teddy Pardo PS a few month ago and did not like it in my system. I kept the mouth shut because 99 % of Regen's owners were happy. It made the sound maybe a bit more resolved but in the same time more digital like.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

"Upgrade fails at 69% and forces Aurender to restart. Tried several times to upgrade with no success."

Haujobb,

I am sorry to hear that, my update of W20 last week was flawless.

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

New problem: When I have one track playing and I try to add another or more, they are only briefly added to the que, then disappear. Adding an album - same thing it just will not "stick" to the list. Any ideas?

Hi coot,

I experienced the same some time ago but to be honest i do not remeber how it was fixed.

Most probably one of past updates solved the problem.

Pls try clean the list and then add an album as a first on the list, should help as far as I remember. Also if you have a large collection above say 3 TB to add an album takes a while.

• 3 weeks later...

rwwjr44,

I wonder if such a LPSU could improve the SQ of W20 which is partly battery powered , but afaik the MB is powered by SPSU.

Could you pls ask the opinion of Mr Ken Lau in your correspondance?

• 1 month later...
Hi all, I have a huge library, and often add new albums, almost on a daily basis. How does this work for the aurender in terms of time taken for the new additions to be visible on the device? Both via external NAS library and internal HD library?

Copying the music to NAS or aurender HD I guess is a quick and simple process, however how long does for the unit take to re-scan the entire library to see what changes are made?

I download the purchased files at my desk on the second floor of my house.

Then I transfer them to W20 HD , depending on the size of the album it takes from 2 to 4 minutes approx with standard ethernet connection.

When the transfer is finished I go to my living room on the first floor.

I open the Conductor app and then files appear. Some ISO files need to be converted and it requires more time, but all pcm files are accesible immediately after the transfer from my computer.

Rgds marslo

I always do a partial scan manually after adding albums and it usually takes about a minute or more depending on the size and number of files. I don't know how long it takes to scan the NAS for AMM(?).

I also do but only if the system does not show the new download automaticaly.

To scan the whole HD could take up to 10-15 min when the library is about 2TB - that's my case.

I do not have NAS however.

• 1 year later...

Hi ,

As a happy owner of S10 and W20 I am following this thread from very beginning.

To be honest I do not like the direction Aurender is develloping the SW.

I do not care so much about streaming capabilites . Hires pcm and DSD in their native form and rips form my cd and sacd's -  that's important te me as well as best SQ. I do not have NAS and don't intend  to install one.

First I was upset when Aurendr removed the option for unpowered usb audio from their  W20 GUI.

It can still be done via remote support on special request but this is very "uncool" downgrade.

Now issues with tranport of DSD files with several DAC's, then new organization of multi cds in the library without option to keep the old one.

This is a bit arrogant attitude, they do not ask customers about new ideas . I stop upgrading the software  , just wait and see.

I hope they will propose solutions both for streaming and server/tranposrt with their new models, the rumors are about new W20 to be presented in Munich .

• 5 months later...

In my W20 this can be done only via remote support by Aurender.

The possibility of switching off the power on  usb output was closed by one of the last  updates of the SW.

Unfortunately, Aurender did not ask the owners about the opinion before this downgrade.

• 1 month later...
On 4.10.2017 at 11:09 PM, dminches said:

I own both an N10 and w20. I bought both of them used which is why it was affordable. I have never played them in the same room. I should do that to compare the sound. I also have a microRendu which I should add to the comparison 

Anyone interested in participating in the shootout?  I am in South NJ. 

Can't wait for the result of your comparison.

I heard very positive opinion about microRencu from the person with good ears, he says microRendu is very close to both Aurenders.

• 4 months later...

Very happy with the upgrade.

For the first time streaming is up to my expectations.

I was disappointed with trial  Tidal hifi, a bit less with Qobuz RB quality but this MQA brought a new life to my nearly 6 years old W20.

Will cancel my Spotify account and start Tidal with MQA.

It’ s is not the same like  hires and native DSD from HDD but still a real audiophile quality.

Well done Aurender!

7E361EF1-C478-468E-BDAA-BA3F7AD596EF.jpeg

027F2EB3-0D4E-45A1-AB32-DC0BCF69AC29.jpeg

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

How can a lossy format be "real audiophile quality" ?

I think so - as far as playback quality is concerned.

I do not mind about technicalities,  care more about listenning pleasure.Tidal Hifi monthly fee is around 10 euros here, less than one hires album purchased with Qobuz.

1 minute ago, jon2020 said:

Most would agree that Tidal with MQA is generally better than without but still not as good as native hires and DSD. And for those who subscribe to Tidal, the entry fee for Tidal MQA is well worth it. :)

Right:)

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, isquirrel said:

Okay have tested both high and low res Bit Perfect test tracks they all come up Bit Perfect Pass makes NO difference whether the MQA unfold switch is on or off.

So that means that no normal low or high res files are being affected in any way by the MQA unfold switch.

The only files which are affected and are upsampled are MQA files only.

There you have it.

Thank you Isquirrel for your valuable input.

Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

The same here for over one year, it takes 10-15 min approx to unfold ISO files of 2,5-3,0 GB - the average sacd.

7 hours ago, agladstone said:

So do you mean from the network folder via a computer? (Copy and paste an ISO into Aurender’s Music 1 folder for example and then it unfolds it?) 

i did try and play ISO’s directly from Conductor App and it gave me a notification like “file type not supported” ? 

I was trying this from the folder view and selecting SACD ISO’s I have on my NAS which is added as a NAS drive within Conductor App. 

I will now try to just add an ISO file to the Aurender’s internal HDD and see what happens. 

First I make a ripp with Pioneer Bdp 160 then I create a folder with both front and back artworks of the ripped sacd , I move the ISO files to this folder and  rename the folder with the title of the disc.

Then using the home network I download the folder to my W20 an wait for a while.

After 15 min approx when I open the Conductor I see the folder being loaded to the HDD.

If you open Conductor before the unfold is finished you may open " Scan " to see the progress.

• 1 month later...

I intend to borrow Nadac and make an audition at home  using Ravenna protocol available after last upgrade.

It is not clear to me how to connect Nadac and W20 using home network.

I have the router in separate room, will be grateful for any advise. I have no NAS though.

2AA3B4B1-9E9D-4D27-B00A-D376BB88022C.jpeg

11 hours ago, NordicBob said:

I’m in the same camp that you’re in.  I could care less about streaming on my Aurender. 

The same here.

Tidal MQA is a nice option but I could live without it.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Since a few weeks my W20 offers the funcionality of Ravenna software which is necessary to use Merging DAC’s via RJ45 connection.

Did anyone try this already?

CC9972F4-78B6-4D0D-958A-DDDC6CF1D011.jpeg

No , my plan is to change B7 for ... Pacific:)

Mr Lampizator will come in person with his beloved baby next Tuesday to my place.

But there are opinions around that RJ 45 is by its nature better connection than usb audio and if

Aurender offers this option for Nadac gear it would be silly not to compare before  the final decision about Pacific.

11 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

I've auditioned the Nadac in a great 5.1 surround Ethernet/Ravenna setup using only Spectral amps and Vivid Audio Giya speakers. It was a spectacular demo, especially considering the very reasonable price of the (multi-channel) Nadac. But it does use off-the-shelf ESS chips and it doesn't have the SQ level of e.g. the dCS Rossini, which is way more expensive but pricewise at the same level as your possible new Lampizator Pacific. My experience is that the intrinsic SQ of any musical component is much more important than the type of interface being used (assuming similar level of cabling quality!). My W20 is connected to the Rossini through an ultra high-end USB cable (Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus) which is sounding spectacularly good and its SQ is absolutely on par with dual AES - the latter however is much, much more costly using the same cabling quality. All in all: I bet the Lampizator, although lacking Ethernet will easily beat the Nadac, and actually it should looking at the price difference. ?

Thank you very much for this valuable opinion.

I use myself also very good boutique usb Apricity cable grounded to Minimus , it’s an unpowered one and I also switched off the power in usb connection at W20 side.

http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/stavessence/2.html

@Vincent1234,

I switched off before the option was removed.

Now one has to write to the support, they  can do it remotely.

Thank you both , MJB and Markrubin.

BTW I do not like google, use Duck Duck go:)