IGNORED

San Francisco get together

The SF Audiophile Society, of which I am an officer, has an event on April 18, so I'd prefer either of the two later dates.

Dan

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

The SF Audiophile Society, of which I am an officer, has an event on April 18, so I'd prefer either of the two later dates.

Dan

Hi Dan. Looks like we are going with May 2.

Thanks

David

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Hi Guys - Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far!

I have a very interesting option for us, should you all be interested in it. Please let me know your thoughts. Nothing is set in stone or even penciled-in at this point.

Details: A good friend of mine who is an audio dealer read this thread and emailed me with a proposal. His proposal is to sponsor this first ever CA get together. Currently we have talked about renting out one of the rooms at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley (we have done this in the past for a different event and it worked great) and bring in food & beverages. The cost of this will be paid for by my good friend and audio dealer sponsoring the get together. Members of the CA Community would just need to get themselves to the venue.

Fantasy Studios is in Berkeley (as if you didn't know) and has plenty of parking. It is a very controlled environment that would enable all of us to talk without yelling and for presentations should the need arise. I am more than willing to speak for a little bit about any topic or we can just hang out and enjoy each other's company.

Please let me know your thoughts on such a get together. If we proceed with this option the May 2nd date works great. It would be nice to get firm commitments of how many people will attend so the other items can be coordinated. Again, this is only a proposal and I'm not tied to it in any way.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

I have a very interesting option for us, should you all be interested in it. Please let me know your thoughts. Nothing is set in stone or even penciled-in at this point.

Details: A good friend of mine who is an audio dealer read this thread and emailed me with a proposal. His proposal is to sponsor this first ever CA get together. Currently we have talked about renting out one of the rooms at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley (we have done this in the past for a different event and it worked great) and bring in food & beverages. The cost of this will be paid for by my good friend and audio dealer sponsoring the get together. Members of the CA Community would just need to get themselves to the venue.

Fantasy Studios is in Berkeley (as if you didn't know) and has plenty of parking. It is a very controlled environment that would enable all of us to talk without yelling and for presentations should the need arise. I am more than willing to speak for a little bit about any topic or we can just hang out and enjoy each other's company.

Please let me know your thoughts on such a get together. If we proceed with this option the May 2nd date works great. It would be nice to get firm commitments of how many people will attend so the other items can be coordinated. Again, this is only a proposal and I'm not tied to it in any way.

Chris, I think this is a fantastic option! Gives us everything we need and your friend is very gracious in funding the event. I for one am in!

Thanks

David

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Chris,

I have also received a response from John Swenson that he will do a presentation if we decide that a portion of the get together will consist of guest speakers. I have a few other feelers out to attendees for possible presentations.

Hello Chris, David and others! This keeps getting better and better. I think this is a very kind and generous offer, perfect for music lovers and I am all in.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Hi Chris:

I'll be making the trip up with John Swenson. Glad to see it moved to the East Bay as parking is FAR easier than in the city. (I had already offered to David to contact either Sumiko or Immedia or a dealer for their space; for obvious reasons business like that never turn down a chance to host hard core audiophiles ;)).

BTW, is the dealer Music Lovers? Not a stretch for me to guess them since you and they are both into Spectral for a long time. Good folks there. I have not been to their Berkeley store since they moved years ago.

May I suggest that someone--you, David, or the hosting dealer--put up an e-vite or Facebook event page for people to visit and check yes/no/maybe on attendance? Something like that will probably be vastly easier to manage and get a head-count than this or some other message thread. And if you do that, then perhaps announce and put a link to the RSVP page on the CA home page.

You might even have to limit the number of attendees based on space. Maybe the first 60?…

Let me know if I can help in any way. I assume that your already saw my raffle-for-charity offer up-thread.

Really excited about getting to meet some west coast CAers!

Ciao,

ALEX

Chris: I completely agree, terrific result, especially if you are coming out for the visit! Count me in fully on May 2nd.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>SMSL M500 DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Fantasy Studios has a long and illustrious history, and it seems like the perfect spot for this. Plus not too far from my Berkeley home. If I am in US on 2 May, it will be a great pleasure to meet with all of you.

Fantasy Studios: San Francisco Bay Area’s Premier Recording Facility: About

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

As far as the listserv that sounds like a great idea for future get together's. If someone wants to volunteer to pursue it that would be great!

I can set it up using a Mailman hosting service.

Mac Mini (2012 i7) > HQPlayer > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Good day all!

I have put together two lists. The first are folks that have confirmed attendance post Chris C's announcement of the Fantasy Studios venue:

Chris, Superdad, Sdoezalek, bplexico, skolis, russel_l, freddiejohn, tne, john swenson, dan rubin

The second list is the folks that originally confirmed attendance but have not reconfirmed post Chris C's announcement:

cgianmmona, skip pack, audio6, Bob Stern, gmgraves2, djn04, jbparrish

If the list two folks could reconfirm that would be great.

If I missed anyone please let me know!

Also we have three speakers that have confirmed a willingness to present to the group:

Chris C - on anything he sees fit....

John Swenson - Narrative on the development of the Bottlehead DAC and what it took to get that into production

Dan Rubin - The SF Audiophile Society, Dan is a board member so I figure he's privy to all the good stuff....

Also Alex (Superdad) has graciously confirmed donation of one of his USB regen devices for a raffle, from which the proceeds will go to the winner's charity of choice. Excellent!

The event is still open to any CA members beyond the lists above. Please do not hesitate to post your request to attend the get together!

Like Chris said get back to us ASAP so Chris can relay the attendance information to the sponsor of the gathering.

Thanks!

David

Hope I can still join the May 2 event in Berkeley - live just across the Bay but have not met many computer audiophiles on the Peninsula.

Max (deribas)

Max you are in. Thanks for participating.

David

>If the list two folks could reconfirm that would be great.

Happily planning to attend!

Skip

Thanks Skip. Look forward to meeting you.

David

Nice. That does sound like a very interesting place to hold the get together!

bmoura, are you in the area and able to attend?

Dan Rubin - The SF Audiophile Society, Dan is a board member so I figure he's privy to all the good stuff....

I made a mistake on my post, Dan is an officer of the Society. Sorry about that Dan!

We are going to need name tags for everyone to write their screen name and real first name on. Otherwise all audio nuts look the same to me. :)

I was just thinking the same thing...Is it great or sick minds that think alike? :) I will bring name tags and writing instruments to the gig...

I was just thinking the same thing...Is it great or sick minds that think alike? :) I will bring name tags and writing instruments to the gig...

Plans for this get together are getting better and better!

I'd love to attend.

Thanks all!

Gallo Ref 3.5 < Velodyne DD15 < Parasound A21 < Gallo Ref SA < Metric Halo LIO-8 < Mac Mini < Decibel and Audirvana < Pro-ject 9.1 w/ Grado Statement Master