IGNORED

Budget 1k$. Problem: Poor sound on Asus G75 + La cie ext HD + audioquest Coffee USB + rega Dac + Conrad Johnson

Hi all, First Post...

I have extremely poor audio when comparing a Jriver19 CD rip to an actual CD playback from traditional player.

I wish to improve sound quality in my setup. Any idea would be appreciated. Budget 1000$

Thanks

NUC + Sotm usb?

Linear PS?

Hi there, my first inclination is to suggest you look at your configuration of the Windows PC before purchasing anything. Make sure you are outputting bit perfect audio. Make sure your software volume controls are all at 100% or disabled. Make sure you are using an output mode like WASAPI in JRiver.

Which Rega DAC are you currently using and which CD player are you using?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi all, First Post...

I have extremely poor audio when comparing a Jriver19 CD rip to an actual CD playback from traditional player.

I wish to improve sound quality in my setup. Any idea would be appreciated. Budget 1000$

Thanks

NUC + Sotm usb?

Linear PS?

Are you ripping a lossless file from the CD?

I work someplace that sells stuff.

Hi Chris and Mayhem,

I wasn't WASAPI output... Problem fixed...Thank you.

Plays better than the pioneer Elite PD-59 reference cd player now. A bit more forward, darker, precise and fuller sound.

I'm a bit shocked. I would have never thought this possible.

Both are going through Rega DAC (not Dac-R)

... I guess I can get rid of the cd player, come to think of it!

Thanks again.