IGNORED

Clark Terry (December 14, 1920 – February 21, 2015)

mkrzych

Yes I saw this earlier today as well. Never thought of him being 94. Then I think of the various recordings he is on, and it must be so. His music certainly enriched my life a little bit.

I never got to see him in person, but at least we have some Chesky recordings of high quality. His musicianship shines through on all recordings he is on in any case.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Yes I saw this earlier today as well. Never thought of him being 94. Then I think of the various recordings he is on, and it must be so. His music certainly enriched my life a little bit.

I never got to see him in person, but at least we have some Chesky recordings of high quality. His musicianship shines through on all recordings he is on in any case.

Yes, indeed. For HD recording we have Chesky: Portraits and One on One and Reference Recordings: Big Band Basie and Chicago Session.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Yes, indeed. For HD recording we have Chesky: Portraits and One on One and Reference Recordings: Big Band Basie and Chicago Session.

Chesky also has Live at the Village Gate (a personal favorite). There is a 2nd Chesky recording at the Village Gate I have not heard.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.