IGNORED

Aune x1 24/192khz via a Mac Mini running Mavericks OS

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am hoping there are individuals here that are utilizing A Mac mini utilizing Mavericks OS into a AUNE X1 pro. My issues is that I can not seem to change the midi settings for my sub to 24/192 on my Mac. It seems there is much confusion with how to achieve this. Is anyone using this DAC with a Mac mini and able to achieve 24/192khz throughput....

Any suggestions are welcomed,...this is drive me crazy!

regards,

doc

According to the Google machine results, the Aune X1 only supports up to 24/96 via USB.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

My question was directed for those who are using the Aune X1 pro. Which in fact is capable of 24/192. 24/96 is limited via toslink on a Mac OS.

Just to clarify what I was saying...

Your Aune X1 Pro only supports up to 24/96 via USB therefore you will never see Mac OS offering you higher rates than this. The only way to play back 24/192 is via the SPDIF Co-ax or TOSLink connector.

As you say the TOSLink on the MacMini is limited to 24/96; this precludes using that for 24/192.

If you wanted 24/192 support therefore you will have to buy an alternative interface; the most likely option is to get a USB to SPDIF converter. These start at around $100-150 for the likes of the M2Tech HiFace II or Peachtree Audio X1 interface.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.