IGNORED

Help: iPeng8 and Tidal

Have you installed the right firmware? There are different versions.

Did you configure your squeezebox account? Don´t forget to get in in the audio configurations and choose best quality there.

If all this is done look and if TotaldacMediaPlayer shows upp in Ipeng you can find the Wimp-app (same as Tidal in Germany and Scandinavia) in the App Gallery. Choose Music-On-Demand in the App gallery.

All this works fine for me and sounds great. My only problem is that I have to deinstall an install the Wimp add-on every time I start Ipeng because I can´t find a shortcut for Wimp in the app and have to add it every time in the new installing process. But this takes just a couple of seconds.

Have you installed the right firmware? There are different versions.

Did you configure your squeezebox account? Don´t forget to get in in the audio configurations and choose best quality there.

If all this is done look and if TotaldacMediaPlayer shows upp in Ipeng you can find the Wimp-app (same as Tidal in Germany and Scandinavia) in the App Gallery. Choose Music-On-Demand in the App gallery.

All this works fine for me and sounds great. My only problem is that I have to deinstall an install the Wimp add-on every time I start Ipeng because I can´t find a shortcut for Wimp in the app and have to add it every time in the new installing process. But this takes just a couple of seconds.

Totaldac firmware is correct. Vincent Brient sent it to me. And in fact iPeng detects Totaldac an it shows in the app

I have also installed the ickstream plug in in the LMS but nothing.... I do not have nor the Tidal icon nor the ickstream one in the iPeng app.

How do you connect the Totaldac to the internet?

How do you exactly configure the squeezebox account?

Regards

Fabio

IF I remember right you can choose somewhere in the LMS if the wimp/Tidal plug-in shows up in Ipeng. I can't check that now because I have the other firmware just for MPaD installed right now which sound slightly better.

I was lucky somehow to get Wimp to work and I hope that Vincent is going to make a manual soon. There are many others that have the same problems as you. The plugin integration in Ipeng needs to be better.

There is an Ipeng forum which makes that question quiet obvious.

I think the problem with some iPeng users is that they don't actually realise that it's just a remote control for Squeezebox type streamer/player devices, albeit with a very nice and 'powerful' looking user interface. The 'real' intelligence is actually either in the Squeezebox streamer itself or in its media server software, the Logitech Media Server application (LMS).

In order for you to 'see' any new Squeezebox feature on your iPeng remote control app, you've got to first make sure you've got the feature set up properly on you Squeezebox device and/or LMS. The Totaldac d1-server is no different to any other Squeezebox streamer in that respect, when it is being used with it's built-in Squeezebox streamer emulator (aka Squeezebox client).

So, in the case of Tidal support, make sure you've installed the latest ickStream plugin installed, on the latest version of LMS. For further information on Ickstream, how to configure it and how to install its supported streaming services, such as Tidal see:

Open Beta Squeezebox - ickStream Wiki

Once you've got it installed and configured, confirm it's working by testing using LMS's own built-in Web (browser) Control application to control and playback music to the d1-server Squeezebox client from your Tidal account. You should then be able to use a third party Squeezebox remote control, like the iPeng app, in a similar way to LMS's own Web Controller application.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I think the problem with some iPeng users is that they don't actually realise that it's just a remote control for Squeezebox type streamer/player devices, albeit with a very nice and 'powerful' looking user interface. The 'real' intelligence is actually either in the Squeezebox streamer itself or in its media server software, the Logitech Media Server application (LMS).

In order for you to 'see' any new Squeezebox feature on your iPeng remote control app, you've got to first make sure you've got the feature set up properly on you Squeezebox device and/or LMS. The Totaldac d1-server is no different to any other Squeezebox streamer in that respect, when it is being used with it's built-in Squeezebox streamer emulator (aka Squeezebox client).

So, in the case of Tidal support, make sure you've installed the latest ickStream plugin installed, on the latest version of LMS. For further information on Ickstream, how to configure it and how to install its supported streaming services, such as Tidal see:

Open Beta Squeezebox - ickStream Wiki

Once you've got it installed and configured, confirm it's working by testing using LMS's own built-in Web (browser) Control application to control and playback music to the d1-server Squeezebox client from your Tidal account. Only then can you hope to do something similar to LMS's Web Controller application, with a third party Squeezebox remote control like the iPeng app.

Thanks for explanations...unfortunately I already did everything you mentioned when I asked for help here

- I subscribed Tidal free trial

- I purchased and installed iPeng on my iPad

- my Totaldac server was recognized correctly (and I deactivated MPAD control to avoid conflicts)

- under MyApp in iPeng I found ICKstream icon and realized I needed to get access to it on the LMS web interface

- I created an ICKstream account

- I accessed it with Tidal credentials

- I entered the LMS web interface

- I installed the ICKstream plug in in LMS

- I entered user id and password (the Tidal ones)

- everything seemed ok but Neither Squeezebox software neither iPeng recognized it...still in iPeng I had the message 'please input ICKstream user id and password in LMS web interface' when I pushed ICKstream button under MyApp in iPeng....

That's it

Any help/suggestion?

Thanks and regards

Fabio

Fabio,

You need to forget about iPeng, for the moment and just concentrate on getting LMS & its Web Controller working with your d1-server. Ok, you say everything seems to be ok, but:

Can you choose the d1-server as player on the LMS Web Control web browser application?

Does the LMS settings Player tab screen show the d1-server?

Does the LMS setting screen for ickStream (select ickStream in Advanced tab or ickStream Settings in Plugin tab) actually say that you are logged in?

Did you press the Refresh button to make sure?

Does the LMS settings for ickStream setting say that the d1-server is one of the registered players?

Has the ickStream Music Platform web browser application (welcome) screen appeared?

Can you see the different section options on the left hand side of ickStream Music Platform screen (eg Settings, Devices, Services, etc)?

Can you see the d1-server in the Devices section of the ickStream Music Platform?

Can you see Tidal (with Delete & Details options) in the Services section of the ickStream Music Platform?

Are the Tidal Details correct?

Hope this helps to pinpoint the problem.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Fabio,

You need to forget about iPeng, for the moment and just concentrate on getting LMS & its Web Controller working with your d1-server. Ok, you say everything seems to be ok, but:

Can you choose the d1-server as player on the LMS Web Control web browser application?

Does the LMS settings Player tab screen show the d1-server?

Does the LMS setting screen for ickStream (select ickStream in Advanced tab or ickStream Settings in Plugin tab) actually say that you are logged in?

Does the LMS settings for ickStream setting say that the d1-server is one of the registered players?

Has the ickStream Music Platform web browser application (welcome) screen appeared?

Can you see the different section options on the left hand side of ickStream Music Platform screen (eg Settings, Devices, Services, etc)?

Can you see the d1-server in the Devices section of the ickStream Music Platform?

Can you see Tidal (with Delete & Details options) in the Services section of the ickStream Music Platform?

Are the Tidal Details correct?

Hope this helps to pinpoint the problem.

John

john very useful approach...thanks!

Below you can find my answers.

Anyway my major problem is that I cannot access LMS web control interface via iPad (http://localhost:9000rror...blank web page...Safari cannot find...etc)

Possibly this is my major issue and you can help me to solve it out. Maybe I did not accessed it properly or not installed the most appropriate app/software.

I tried to access it from my MacBook Pro and so my answer below refers to this access.

I assume instead I have to follow all your suggestion working on my iPad.

Additional info: my d1 server is connected to the Internet through two router/modem connected via an Ethernet cable (the first one dedicated to Totaldac system; the second one is my usual ADSL modem router)...possibly this is another problem.

Can you choose the d1-server as player on the LMS Web Control web browser application? No

Does the LMS settings Player tab screen show the d1-server? No

Does the LMS setting screen for ickStream (select ickStream in Advanced tab or ickStream Settings in Plugin tab) actually say that you are logged in? Yes

Did you press the Refresh button to make sure? Yes

Does the LMS settings for ickStream setting say that the d1-server is one of the registered players? No

Did you press the Refresh button to make sure? Yes

Has the ickStream Music Platform web browser application (welcome) screen appeared? Yes

Can you see the different section options on the left hand side of ickStream Music Platform screen (eg Settings, Devices, Services, etc)? Yes

Can you see the d1-server in the Devices section of the ickStream Music Platform? No

Can you see Tidal in the Services section of the ickStream Music Platform? Yes

Anyway my major problem is that I cannot access LMS web control interface via iPad (http://localhost:9000rror...blank web page...Safari cannot find...etc)

Possibly this is my major issue and you can help me to solve it out. Maybe I did not accessed it properly or not installed the most appropriate app/software.

'localhost' (or sometimes the IP address 127.0.0.1 is used) means 'this machine', ie the device that you are currently using. So if you think about, it you are telling it look for LMS on the iPad, when LMS is actually running on the Macbook Pro (I'm guessing this, as 'localhost' worked properly from the Macbook Pro). This means you don't need any other app if you want to do this on the iPad. What you need to do is use your Macbook Pro's IP (if you know what it is or can find it), instead of localhost. So if your Macbook Pro's IP is 192.168.1.25, then use the address http://192.168.1.25:9000 on the iPad's web browser.

I tried to access it from my MacBook Pro and so my answer below refers to this access.

I assume instead I have to follow all your suggestion working on my iPad.

Also, just because you are going to be using the iPad as the remote control device (with iPeng) has nothing to do with setting this all up in LMS (which is on the Mackbook Pro). You can setup LMS from any machine on the network, whatever's convenient for you. The LMS settings web browser application only needs to talk to the only LMS that is on your network, ie, the one that's running on the Macbook Pro and it doesn't matter what machine you're using the web browser on.

Looking at your answers to the questions, the irony is that appears that as far a LMS is concerned you are connected properly both to ickStream and Tidal, so you've actually done that ok!

The problem is more fundamental in that LMS setup & its built-in controller can't see the d1-server Squeezebox client. This is quite surprising, as it would mean that you can't have been able to use LMS even being used as a simple media server for any music files stored on the Macbook Pro, to stream to the d1-server.

So this could be due to basic issues like the d1-server being connected to the network properly, or its built-in Squeezebox client needing to be configured or even enabled. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the d1-server, do any of these issues sound familiar, or are they mentioned in the user manual perhaps?

Also, it might be best for now to have a simple network setup if you can. The simplest would be to connect the Macbook Pro by ethernet cable to the same router the d1-server is connected to. If this works, then you can investigate further what is possibly a network problem with using those two routers and/or wireless.

-- Jo Cox

'localhost' (or sometimes the IP address 127.0.0.1 is used) means 'this machine', ie the device that you are currently using. So if you think about, it you are telling it look for LMS on the iPad, when LMS is actually running on the Macbook Pro (I'm guessing this, as 'localhost' worked properly from the Macbook Pro). This means you don't need any other app if you want to do this on the iPad. What you need to do is use your Macbook Pro's IP (if you know what it is or can find it), instead of localhost. So if your Macbook Pro's IP is 192.168.1.25, then use the address http://192.168.1.25:9000 on the iPad's web browser.

Also, just because you are going to be using the iPad as the remote control device (with iPeng) has nothing to do with setting this all up in LMS (which is on the Mackbook Pro). You can setup LMS from any machine on the network, whatever's convenient for you. The LMS settings web browser application only needs to talk to the only LMS that is on your network, ie, the one that's running on the Macbook Pro and it doesn't matter what machine you're using the web browser on.

Looking at your answers to the questions, the irony is that appears that as far a LMS is concerned you are connected properly both to ickStream and Tidal, so you've actually done that ok!

The problem is more fundamental in that LMS setup & its built-in controller can't see the d1-server Squeezebox client. This is quite surprising, as it would mean that you can't have been able to use LMS even being used as a simple media server for any music files stored on the Macbook Pro, to stream to the d1-server.

So this could be due to basic issues like the d1-server being connected to the network properly, or its built-in Squeezebox client needing to be configured or even enabled. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the d1-server, do any of these issues sound familiar, or are they mentioned in the user manual perhaps?

Also, it might be best for now to have a simple network setup if you can. The simplest would be to connect the Macbook Pro by ethernet cable to the same router the d1-server is connected to. If this works, then you can investigate further what is possibly a network problem with using those two routers and/or wireless.

Thanks a lot John

Now I know what to do over the week end...;-)

I'll keep you posted

Fabio

Ok. BTW, I forgot to mention that the likely name of the d1-Server's built-in Squeezebox client is TotaldacMediaPlayer. This was mentioned by Yellowblue seeing that Squeezebox device name on the iPeng app in one of the above posts. Hopefully it's a default name that's not been changed and you'll see it when your d1-server gets its Squeezebox client to properly connect to the LMS on the Macbook Pro.

-- Jo Cox