IGNORED

Aries and Ayre Preamp - Remote Control Problem

I have an Ayre KX-5 Preamp and now also an Auralic Aries. I experience some interference problem between the Ayre remote and the Aries remote: the on/off button (red, top left) on the Aries remote apparently sends also a "stand by/operate" command to the Ayre preamp. Is there anyone else, who has also an Ayre preamp and the Aries and who has or has not the same issue?

I, too, just got an Aries a few days ago and I'm having a similar problem. The Power button on the Aries remote is also sending an on/off command to my Marantz home theater receiver, which is nearby.

Every remote that is made uses a certain frequency and code for their device. However, there are only a finite number of codes and so there can be overlap if two remotes use the same code. Unfortunately, I don't know how, or if it's even possible, to change the code that one of the manufacturers use for their remotes.

I have a Harmony universal remote that I haven't yet programmed for the Aries. I'll be doing that next to see if anything changes, but I doubt it since the Harmony just uses the code assigned for that manufacturer's remote.

Sami Revah

There is no need to shut off the ARIES completely. Just leave it on and turn the display off using the display button (top center) on the remote.

Thanks for the suggestion but:

It's in my sleeping room, and I would prefer to turn it off during the night. And even apart from that, the problem is still:

let's assume the Aries is turned on and the preamp is in stand by mode... now I take the Ayre remote to switch the KX-5 on... guess what... the Auralic asks, if I would really like to shut it down ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion but:

It's in my sleeping room, and I would prefer to turn it off during the night. And even apart from that, the problem is still:

let's assume the Aries is turned on and the preamp is in stand by mode... now I take the Ayre remote to switch the KX-5 on... guess what... the Auralic asks, if I would really like to shut it down ;-)

Submit a support ticket as an issue. The Vega and ARIES use the same remote codes...

There is nothing anyone on this forum can do about that. Either Ayre or AURALiC will need to help. [email protected]

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Its not a "solution" as such but a work around ... but if you can life without the IR remote control can you bend a piece of card around the device to block the IR sensor?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks both for the suggestions. Yes, to block the IR sensor on the Auralic is one work around, another one is to use the remote just a few centimeters away from the Aries, so that the preamp doesn't receive the IR signal. Of course I can "live with this", it would just be nicer without any interference.

By the way, the answer from Auralic was not too helpful:

"The remote code we just is Philips RC-5, it is an industry standard that are used by most of manufacturers. It is very common to see a single remote that can control all equipment in your system."

Thanks both for the suggestions. Yes, to block the IR sensor on the Auralic is one work around, another one is to use the remote just a few centimeters away from the Aries, so that the preamp doesn't receive the IR signal. Of course I can "live with this", it would just be nicer without any interference.

By the way, the answer from Auralic was not too helpful:

"The remote code we just is Philips RC-5, it is an industry standard that are used by most of manufacturers. It is very common to see a single remote that can control all equipment in your system."

Theyre using the system code for preamp for the on/off switch. It makes no sense, bit I guess they did this to not interfere with the Vega DAC, so they just chose an arbitrary system code, instead of going with say..the system code for vcr or something obscure.

In laymans terms : Auralic f***ed up.

Yay!

Theyre using the system code for preamp for the on/off switch. It makes no sense, bit I guess they did this to not interfere with the Vega DAC, so they just chose an arbitrary system code, instead of going with say..the system code for vcr or something obscure.

In laymans terms : Auralic f***ed up.

Noobs.

David

Wow, I had no idea, I have the Aries in one room and my Marantz pre amp ( used for the TV ) in the other room. Never had any issues. Just now took the Aries remote into the other room, and sure enough it turns on and off the Marantz. Even better it can control the volume on the Marantz, the only thing I use the Marantz remote for day in and day out. So now I need one less remote.

Ok, ok, all true and good for me, I acknowledge not so good for everyone else.

Noobs indeed.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs