IGNORED

What's you're favorite genre of music?

mayhem13

You're Favorite musical genre  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't get myself down to one :( Best I can do is top three.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I had trouble picking one genre based just on an internalized preference. I applied a little self-behavioral analyses and realized that I actually spend more hours listening to jazz than any other genre, and so that is what I selected. On any given day or part of a day, classical or rock might be my "favorite" insofar as that is what I am in the mood to listen to right then. But if what your question means is, "What genre of music do you listen to most often and for the most hours," then my choice is clear.

Going down that path I will have to choose rock, though classical and jazz are the other two within the top three.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Easier to list what I don't listen to: Metal, rap, modern country (the angry genres!)

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

The only music I *don't* find easy to listen to is "easy listening."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I had trouble picking one genre based just on an internalized preference. I applied a little self-behavioral analyses and realized that I actually spend more hours listening to jazz than any other genre, and so that is what I selected. On any given day or part of a day, classical or rock might be my "favorite" insofar as that is what I am in the mood to listen to right then. But if what your question means is, "What genre of music do you listen to most often and for the most hours," then my choice is clear.

Me too. I guess the real answer is that we like what we like irrespective of genre.

George

I voted Rock as that is what I enjoy the most, mostly from the 1960's and 1970's. I also like most other genres of music too. I have favorites in every genre of music in this poll except metal, unless you count Led Zeppelin as Metal, then I like something from all of them.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Me too. I guess the real answer is that we like what we like irrespective of genre.

Of course you can over analyze the poll and the choices......you're an audiophile!

But at the end of the day, your preference will lie with the music you listen to the most if the choices are free will.

Yes. This and a couple of other responses highlight the sometimes Procrustean and frequently dubious results of attempting strictly to categorize music by genre when so much of it will not neatly fit into just one or another. Is Wadada Leo Smith making jazz or classical music? I don't know nor do I care other than the fact that it can be a convenience to pick one in iTunes. We are trained from an early age to be taxonomists and it is a tough habit to break. But what do we gain from it? Sometimes some little benefit; but often it seems a waste of time and mental effort.

I voted Rock as that is what I enjoy the most, mostly from the 1960's and 1970's. I also like most other genres of music too. I have favorites in every genre of music in this poll except metal, unless you count Led Zeppelin as Metal, then I like something from all of them.

Teresa, I was\am a huge fan of Page, Plant and the boys. People seemed to always classify them under the heavy metal moniker but I always thought of them as Blues Rockers. Although based on the number of Blues Artists that came after them for plagerism violations maybe we should stick with heavy metal..:)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Teresa, I was\am a huge fan of Page, Plant and the boys. People seemed to always classify them under the heavy metal moniker but I always thought of them as Blues Rockers. Although based on the number of Blues Artists that came after them for plagerism violations maybe we should stick with heavy metal..:)

Blues Rock for Led Zeppelin yes :)

A guitarist I really like is Robin Trower. Though some albums were not on par with what he did in his beginnings, there are recent albums in which he still have "this sound". Heavy Blues Rock...

Alain

Blues Rock for Led Zeppelin yes :)

A guitarist I really like is Robin Trower. Though some albums were not on par with what he did in his beginnings, there are recent albums in which he still have "this sound". Heavy Blues Rock...

Alain, I saw Robin at the Los Angeles Coliseum in the late 70s as the opening act for Jethro Tull. He was really good and might have outdone Tull in my mind. Great guitarist.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Jethro Tull and Robin Trower, all in the same night... Wish I would have been there... :)

The first song I heard from each of them was "Caledonia" from Robin Trower, and "A New Day Yesterday" from Jethro Tull...

Edit: This is where (when) I started to destroy my hearing ;)

Alain

Rock (alt and prog, late '60s to now)

Metal (extreme, none of that wussy hair or power *#&$)

Electronic (drum&bass, trance, oldskool hardcore, dubstep)

Goth/Darkwave (loosely defined - Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie, Kate Bush, Depeche Mode, Grimes, etc.)

Hip-Hop (all types, '80s to now)

+anything else in ANY genre that I hear and like, from bluegrass to Lyn Stanley singing '50s stuff