IGNORED

Installed the UpTone JS-2 LPS Today WOW!

Today I received my UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS to replace my current SMPS for my custom built C.A.P.S. Right out of the box the JS-2 provided increased clarity due to the noise floor dropping another 1000 fathoms which also contributed to a more focused attack and extended decay on cymbals and the like. Bass has more slam with focus and with proper tonality. Soundstage has increased in both width & depth. I also noticed the mids to have a more natural sound to them which enhances the engagement with the performance. Another words I feel I have a virtual vinyl turntable without the short comings of vinyl playback.

Signal Path:

Custom C.A.P.S./JRMC v20 > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > ST Glass Fibre Optic > Bel Canto DAC3.7 > PASS Labs XP-20 > PASS Labs XA160.5 > Martin Logan Summit Xs

audioseduction-004.jpg

audioseduction-001.jpg

My Dedicated 2CH System Gallery

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers

Powered By Balanced Power Technologies - UpTone Audio JS-2 Linear Power Supply - CyberPower Sinewave UPS

Awesome system. I am a Bel Canto user also. I was under the impression, that by using the reflink the noise created by the music server power supply was less of an issue. I take it from your post that you believe upgrading the power supply still has material benefit?

Most difinently!!! Worth every penny!

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers

Powered By Balanced Power Technologies - UpTone Audio JS-2 Linear Power Supply - CyberPower Sinewave UPS

If I may ask, why would one prefer this over, let's say, for example, an HDPlex LPS at three times the cost? I assume very few have tried both, so I guess I'm looking for a specs comparison at this point.

I like the design utlizing a chock-based filter. The craftsmanship is elite! Incorporating this LPS is one of the best upgrades I've experienced with my system.