IGNORED

Headphone suggestions for a newbie

Hey I'm new to the forum and audio in general. I'm looking for a new set of headphones to replace my akg q701.

What I don't like about the q701.

If I wear them for more than an hour it like I have been smacked in the head with a piece of iron. I love the sound except I wish they had a little more bass as I mostly play games and explosions are a bit underwhelming. I'm currently using a Schitt magni/modi amp/DAC stack thing. And my budget is around about $200.00 USD

I like the reviews of the m50x but its hard to trust YouTube. Anyone have hands on experience with them?

I was told by AT that all M50's sound the same, and the M50 I had had a fantastic bass, but the mids and treble were uneven with noticeable colorations. But, the M50's are good for their price.

Has the OP performed the bass mod on his Q's? It makes quite a difference imo. It doesn't help with the comfort issue unfortunately. Those bumps on the headband are a joke.

The HD 650 has excellent bass when amped properly but they're perhaps too expensive. V-Moda M-100 has excellent bass but comfort can be problematic for some. XL pads are available and do help a lot but it's annoying to have to buy an extra from the get-go.