IGNORED

Another Springsteen Archive release, 12-31-1975

Downloading now.

live.brucespringsteen.net - Download Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band December 31, 1975, Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA MP3 and FLAC

From Backstreets.com: "December 31, 1975 is newly mixed from 16-track master reels by Toby Scott and mastered by Adam Ayan at Bob Ludwig's Gateway Mastering. It's being released in standard and ultra-high-resolution 24-bit/192Khz digital files, as well as being available for CD pre-orders which will ship in another month, says Brad Serling, founder and CEO of Nugs.net which powers the Springsteen download store."

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the performance and the sound quality of the recording!

JC

SQ is better to my ears than Agora. The performance is magical, a different era than Agora, and as a New Years Eve show and tour ender it is very special.

I'm not the worlds biggest Springsteen fan. I like him, but he's not my favorite.

I wanted to get a couple of good live recordings of him and the band, and I liked the set list in this concert so I bought it in Redbook. It's essentially a 2 CD set, so the price is reasonable ($12.95 for Redbook, and I think $24.95 for 24/192. There isn't a 24/96.)

The recording is good - for a live recording they probably never intended to release. Not like great studio or live recordings as far as SQ. Good, but not some audiophile masterpiece, so don't expect that.

The performance is wonderful. Different interpretations of a few songs than on LP, and just really good overall. The band is fantastic. If you like Bruce, you won't be disappointed.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

SQ is better to my ears than Agora.

Good to know. The Agora show is wonderful musically; sonically however I regret having bought it in 24/192 for twice the price of 16/44. Its sound quality is not so great, so I am convinced that 16/44 is more than enough to capture all the information that's on the tape. With hindsight, I would buy it in redbook quality only.

I am a Springsteen fan, but I am hesitant buying this show given that it overlaps a lot with the Agora one.

Good to know. The Agora show is wonderful musically; sonically however I regret having bought it in 24/192 for twice the price of 16/44. Its sound quality is not so great, so I am convinced that 16/44 is more than enough to capture all the information that's on the tape. With hindsight, I would buy it in redbook quality only.

I am a Springsteen fan, but I am hesitant buying this show given that it overlaps a lot with the Agora one.

The SQ is not studio or audiophile quality, just better than Agora. :-) This is a different era than Agora, so as a Bruce fan it was a no-brainer for me.

I was just at the site to purchase this, and the cd is listed at $23.00 and the HD Lossless at $24.95, so essentially the same cost, more or less.

JC

I was just at the site to purchase this, and the cd is listed at $23.00 and the HD Lossless at $24.95, so essentially the same cost, more or less.

JC

The "lossless" 44.1/16 download is $12.99 while the physical CD is $23 and 192/24 download is $24.95....

That said, the sound is fine for me (not a gem, but fine for a live show recorded for radio playback). What others have said is true: this performance is magical. The "Roy, just gimme, gimme a chord..." opening the show is amazing. The tone is set and is pure... "...and my back is up against the wall..." is real and right. A stunning show...

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

The "lossless" 44.1/16 download is $12.99 while the physical CD is $23 and 192/24 download is $24.95....

That said, the sound is fine for me (not a gem, but fine for a live show recorded for radio playback). What others have said is true: this performance is magical. The "Roy, just gimme, gimme a chord..." opening the show is amazing. The tone is set and is pure... "...and my back is up against the wall..." is real and right. A stunning show...

John

Amen. The reimagined "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" is worth $24.95 all by itself. Everything else is gravy (a railroad tank car of gravy).

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 3 weeks later...

It's a 40 year old recording. Buy it, play it loud, tap your foot, dance if you want. It's a FANTASTIC show.

Lots of gems on here.

I bought the 16/44 FLAC files. They are just fine for what they are.

Anyone know of a good live recording of Blinded By The Light?

• 3 weeks later...