IGNORED

The Truth of "Computer Audiophile"

PeterSt

Some say ....

Tranz would Stig fall into the clan of the subjectivist or the clan of objectivist? I've seen behavior that might indicate participation in both clans....

Someone who reads this early let me know if I have just condemned this thread which was going so well to a quick demise and I'll can it..:)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

Tranz would Stig fall into the clan of the subjectivist or the clan of objectivist? I've seen behavior that might indicate participation in both clans....

Someone who reads this early let me know if I have just condemned this thread which was going so well to a quick demise and I'll can it..:)

Whenever I see the Stig I hear Jeremy saying "Some say..." Love that show... UK version of course. Stig certainly has an interesting taste in music and will never share which clan he is in.

Whenever I see the Stig I hear Jeremy saying "Some say..." Love that show... UK version of course. Stig certainly has an interesting taste in music and will never share which clan he is in.

I believe you are correct leaving that as an unsolved mystery and it is probably the best for us and the world as a whole...:)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place". George Bernard Shaw.

For me, I get chills when I hear reproduced music that could fool me into believing a voice/piano/guitar, etc is on the room with me. So my definition is the continuing search for this experience.

Same here. Goosebumps inducing and the complete and utter lack of fatiguing/digititus is the holy grail in CA for me.

Same here. Goosebumps inducing and the complete and utter lack of fatiguing/digititus is the holy grail in CA for me.

Tranz, Fatiguing/digititus sounds like a skin condition that induces lethargy....:)

Yup, eczema on the brain but strangely makes the legs spasm out of the room.

And the only known cure is pressed petroleum products traced with a compressed carbon compound product cut to a very very fine point. Oh man am I in trouble now....:)

When you are retired,(assuming there is no "ball and chain" to find jobs for you to do around the house all the time,) you often have plenty of time to do both.

Hoping that someday I will be able to put a "+1" to this! I just returned from a week long biz trip, too. I may have to chase an audiophile portable rig.

Isn't it like the Scouts? You can join if you want.

I'd be pretty pissed if somebody tried to tell me I wasn't entitled to an opinion because I wasn't a computer audiophile. OTOH if somebody called me a 'Computer Audiophile' I'd take offence.

I think that somebody who identifies themselves as an Audiophile may have an unhealthy interest in the quality of sound reproduction, particularly when it leads to the abandonment of the scientific method as in the refusal to endorse DBT.

Mike zerO Romeo Oscar November

http://wakibaki.com

Back to save us from ourselves again Fred ?

Regards

Alex

17675angrypreachermanwi.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

So who am I going to preach to? The converted?

I just feel that as a musician of many years standing, and with the capability to design one of these systems from the ground up - I'm not saying it would SOTA - I feel I've got a right to have an opinion. Not that credentials are worth a **** in this context, but plenty of people here seem to take a pride in having no technical expertise or demonstrated musical ability whatsoever.

When the consultant said, 'It's terminal', I didn't say 'You're ignoring the evidence, all my friends say I'm looking well, you've got a closed mind'.

I am the Doctor, where computer audio is concerned. Trust me.

Mike zerO Romeo Oscar November

http://wakibaki.com

Not that credentials are worth a **** in this context, but plenty of people here seem to take a pride in having no technical expertise

Fred

If you check quite a few of my posts, including today, you would see that I do have a degree of technical expertise. I just disagree with some of the BS about Digital Audio, as distinct from straight Data applications being perfect, and that our scientific knowledge of it is complete. My findings in one major area were also verified by the use of 6 separate Blind A/B/A 3 minute sessions in the U.K. Those results were certainly worth follow up investigations, but the naysayers were obviously too damn lazy, or cocksure of themselves (Arrogant?) to do that. Talk is cheap! It's so damn easy to sit on your tail and spout old theory isn't it ?

Regards

Alex

I am the Doctor, where computer audio is concerned. Trust me.

Doctors can bury their mistakes.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

Lol. I don't think I'll read thru all this entire thread. Seriously who really cares? Sorry but that is the reality. Just be happy with a setup. :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Then back to the Tardis with you !

Apparently the Tardis is the only chance we have to find out the details of those 6 blind tests Alex is always going on about. Years later, I still can't find out, were they double or single blind, was it 6 single choices? was it 6 series of tests? Or any other details. Since the test was of something that basically is impossible, I am not surprised they will remain shrouded in mystery. The facts surely wouldn't stand the light of scrutiny.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Apparently the Tardis is the only chance we have to find out the details of those 6 blind tests Alex is always going on about. Years later, I still can't find out, were they double or single blind, was it 6 single choices? was it 6 series of tests? Or any other details. Since the test was of something that basically is impossible, I am not surprised they will remain shrouded in mystery. The facts surely wouldn't stand the light of scrutiny.

You have also seen FYI ONLY reports from quite a few others, including a Sydney EE, and the reports from David L in the thread that he started .Peter St.also confirmed that he heard differences between files that were sent to him >5years ago in a C.A. post.

Marcin Ostapowicz from jPlay, and John Kenny, have also confirmed these differences as a result of a series of tests done with them. It wouldn't matter how many others that have confirmed them, because you will never accept the results, just as many members have already told you in various other threads. You aren't even interested in taking up Alex C with his offer to demo other things that you consider impossible.

You can't stand the thought of being proved wrong, because you would then have nothing left to post about.

You have also seen FYI ONLY reports from quite a few others, including a Sydney EE, and the reports from David L in the thread that he started .Peter St.also confirmed that he heard differences between files that were sent to him >5years ago in a C.A. post.

Marcin Ostapowicz from jPlay, and John Kenny, have also confirmed these differences as a result of a series of tests done with them. It wouldn't matter how many others that have confirmed them, because you will never accept the results, just as many members have already told you in various other threads. You aren't even interested in taking up Alex C with his offer to demo other things that you consider impossible.

You can't stand the thought of being proved wrong, because you would then have nothing left to post about.

Quite simple Alex. What are the details of the Colloms 6 blind tests? Spill it once and for all or admit you don't know. I will not accept a pig in a poke. The details might convince me or not. Without knowing them I can't say. The fact you and Martin dance around them for years makes me suspicious. You can end all of that by releasing the details of what was done. Super simple.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Quite simple Alex. What are the details of the Colloms 6 blind tests? Spill it once and for all or admit you don't know. I will not accept a pig in a poke. The details might convince me or not. Without knowing them I can't say. The fact you and Martin dance around them for years makes me suspicious. You can end all of that by releasing the details of what was done. Super simple.

Despite the HFC various threads spaced over several months where further results were posted, you still keep insisting that they were all done at the same time. We both know that neither you or Eloise will never accept the results, or the fact that they indicated that further research was warranted, because they weren't done exactly as both of you keep demanding.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, if you want to know the exact details then contact M.C. directly.

I am not privy to any further information than any other HFC forum member. Martin does however think highly enough of me to ask me to write an article about my USB research and findings,(I politely declined due to the work involved) as well as approving me as a moderator of his forum.

Despite the HFC various threads spaced over several months where further results were posted, you still keep insisting that they were all done at the same time. We both know that neither you or Eloise will never accept the results, or the fact that they indicated that further research was warranted, because they weren't done exactly as both of you keep demanding.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, if you want to know the exact details then contact M.C. directly.

I am not privy to any further information than any other HFC forum member. Martin does however think highly enough of me to ask me to write an article about my USB research and findings,(I politely declined due to the work involved) as well as approving me as a moderator of his forum.

Sorry friend, calling bull$hite on that one. Eloise nor anyone else has anything to do with this. No I am not contacting MC. Your claim, your files, his test, you are a moderator on one of his forums. If you really don't know the details it is very pathetic you trumpet the results repeatedly. Get the details and get back to us or STFU.

For me, I get chills when I hear reproduced music that could fool me into believing a voice/piano/guitar, etc is on the room with me. So my definition is the continuing search for this experience.

Well said. Great comment that captures my personal feeling about audiophillia exactly. I can count on my fingers the few times in my life I have been fooled to the point of chills by a piece of well recorded music. I happily continue my quest.

Sorry friend, calling bull$hite on that one. Eloise nor anyone else has anything to do with this. No I am not contacting MC. Your claim, your files, his test, you are a moderator on one of his forums. If you really don't know the details it is very pathetic you trumpet the results repeatedly. Get the details and get back to us or STFU.

Dennis

I find that reply highly offensive and completely uncalled for.

You are implying that I am a liar. You refuse to accept what I am saying , so ask the man himself. You are the one that repeatedly questions the transparency of the whole procedure.

I have said repeatedly that I only know what transpired from the threads whose links I have posted, and my personal copy of HFC vol.6 No.1, which I had to pay for in order to see the published report..

Alex