IGNORED

NAC d1050 doesn't switch sampling rates when connected to pc

Hi all,

I hope you can help me.

I have a nad d1050 and when connected to my Denon 2910 the nad switches automatically to the applicable rates, like 44, 96, 192 etc.

However, when connected to my pc the nad always stays on the default sampling rate as setup in the properties of the audio devices.

I have used USB 2.0, optical, coax and several devices like the on board sound but also soundblaster titanium HD. Used Adobe audition, vlc, foobar2000, musicbee but all the same result. The nad remains at the default sampling rate.

Would anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Windows PC and Foobar set up for Audio with WASAPI DAC Might be of help to ensure you have Foobar set up correctly.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thank you Audio Elf.

I think I have setup Foobar 2000 correctly now. Still, the NAD remains at the default sample rate instead of switching to the applicable s/rate for the music that is playing. Any other ideas?

I have contacted NAD themselves too.

I installed audirvana and voila, it's working and it's working very nicely.

I assume you are using a Mac then?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Well, actually I use both. I have a powerful pc that runs Windows 7 and the latest version of osx (hackintosh but with paid software). I also have an IMac and I could use that as well. Both pc and iMac are 3 meters from the nad dac.

On Windows j-River does the trick too. I think j-River is more user friendly than audirvana when it comes to browsing. I don't know yet if there's a qualility difference beween the two programs? And trying to figure out if USB , coax or optical is the best transport means. I would love to get the best out of my Klipsch rf7-II speakers. :-)

Do you have any thoughts?