IGNORED

Why are we so confident of long term listening evaluations?

Beautiful picture, congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Regarding your remark about speed in speech, where you in Paris 3 years ago? There are big differences in the speed at which people talk between Paris and the south of France. For instance, people in Paris are very fond of shortening words (especially proper nouns). On the other hand, the further you go toward the south, the more distinctly people will articulate.

Thank You, we were in paris 2 weeks ago and 3 years ago. 30 years ago we drove around the french country side and yes, totally agree with what you are saying. I even recall being 'accused' in paris of speaking French like a news reader, presumably with consonants.

Paris is still for me the most beautiful city on the planet, Venice the most magical, and Sydney the most geographically beautiful. london a combination of all 3.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Regarding your remark about speed in speech, where you in Paris 3 years ago? There are big differences in the speed at which people talk between Paris and the south of France. For instance, people in Paris are very fond of shortening words (especially proper nouns). On the other hand, the further you go toward the south, the more distinctly people will articulate.

Some regard France as two nations, consisting of Paris and the rest of the country. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Some regard France as two nations, consisting of Paris and the rest of the country. :)

It is very much the case if you look at economic indicators such as GDP per capital or unemployment. It is much more difficult to make this case from a cultural perspective, though.

It is very much the case if you look at economic indicators such as GDP per capital or unemployment. It is much more difficult to make this case from a cultural perspective, though.

That wasn't my experience in the several months I traveled though France many years ago, Unless things have changed since I was there, people in the rest of France tended to "resent" Paris. France, at that time at least, was very centralized, with virtually everything going through Paris. The analogy of the Sun King comes to mind. That is a form of "cultural perspective" to me, but may not be to you. I'm not talking about shared basic values, where I would agree with you.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I have not been there since the early 1980s, but as a young guy traveling around on 30 days leave, Paris was a lot of fun. But I got the feeling that I was merely tolerated. In large part, I surmised, because I had cash.

Out in the countryside, people were welcoming and friendly, and made me feel like a family member that they just had not met yet. It was a delightful experience, far different from Paris. Even with my gawd awful southern US accent... :) I have more fond memories from that trip that I can count.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I have not been there since the early 1980s, but as a young guy traveling around on 30 days leave, Paris was a lot of fun. But I got the feeling that I was merely tolerated. In large part, I surmised, because I had cash.

Out in the countryside, people were welcoming and friendly, and made me feel like a family member that they just had not met yet. It was a delightful experience, far different from Paris. Even with my gawd awful southern US accent... :) I have more fond memories from that trip that I can count.

Yep we have also two step dancing club in the country side:)

Yep we have also two step dancing club in the country side:)

It took me a while to adjust to the accent in the Midi. But, how I wish I could still enjoy one of their freshly made Pan Bagnats. :)