IGNORED

Dirac Live with new Setup: i have a problem to take correct measurement

Hello Gentlemen

i move to a new house and today i started take new measurement.

First i would like to describe my setup:

W8 - DIRAC - WEIS INT: 202 plus Remote (for Volume adjustment) configured double wired - 2 x Genelec 8260a.

With the INT 202i can have have the right channel separation (L+R) only with 174 or 192Khz signal, otherwise it work only with the first channel and the second (right) is automatically disable.

So the the big problem is: when i start the sweep the three signal come out from both speakers, and not L+R+L...

My question is: do you know if is possible to use a different sweep file, 174 or 196khz so i can take some tests?

The last change to correct this situation is to power off/on the right channel during the measurement ;)... but could be very difficult...

Once i will ask to mr. Weiss if is possible to enable the L/R channel under 176 frequency.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Stefano.

Ciao Flavio, se mi leggi qui prova a darmi una mano tu!!

Ciao Stefano.

[br]Lumin T1 - Transrotor Darkstar - McIntosh MA7000 - Synology NAS - Magnepan 1.7 - PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

Hello Stefano,

your Weiss has somehow peculiar configuration characteristics but I imagine that you are able to take a correct measurement at one single frequency (i.e. 96 KHz or 192 KHz) and save the project... if that is the case I think that you can reload the project with that measurement and create the filters for the other frequencies by selecting them in the Sound system tab (the first one) to then jump to the Filter design tab (the fifth one) and click "optimize"

Ciao, Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

I tried this morning, in windows the Weiss interface works fine with jriver and upsampling to 176/192 the left and right channel works well. The issue is only with Dirac. I also configured the int 202 in windows 8 in 192/24and using internal test everithing is OK. I think that the problem is in Dirac. The sweep maybe is a "only" 44/16.

Ciao Stefano.

[br]Lumin T1 - Transrotor Darkstar - McIntosh MA7000 - Synology NAS - Magnepan 1.7 - PS Audio P10 Power Plant.

Ciao Stefano,

with reference to my previous post I'm sorry but I do not understand if there is one frequency at which you can take measurements with the DLCT or not (you are unable to take measurements at any frequency)

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Grazie Flavio

i will do that.

Now i will take the measurements using the RME Analog output.

Buona serata Stefano :)

if that is the case I think you should ask for support at helpdesk.dirac.se

Flavio

Ciao Stefano.